The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

email forwarding set up

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

email forwarding set up Empty email forwarding set up

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 7:34 pm

Blunderer03-17-2014 11:41 AM

email forwarding set up

Are any of you experiencing problems with using email forwarding through Name.com? It was always less user friendly than DomainMonster but, since they restyled the account area, I find Name.com's .tel email forwarding set up impossible to understand, and email forwarders that were working are now not.

Their response to support requests is slow too - 3 days for a reply!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-17-2014 11:57 AM

I've asked my rep for an answer. I've never used it. I use Telidentity for all mine.
    Mark

Blunderer03-17-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27844)
    I've asked my rep for an answer. I've never used it. I use Telidentity for all mine.
    Mark

[size]
    Thanks Mark :)[/size]

supercyberheroes03-17-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27843)
    Are any of you experiencing problems with using email forwarding through Name.com? It was always less user friendly than DomainMonster but, since they restyled the account area, I find Name.com's .tel email forwarding set up impossible to understand, and email forwarders that were working are now not.

Their response to support requests is slow too - 3 days for a reply!

[size]
    I use telcp tool

Regards[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-17-2014 04:56 PM

@Blunderer do you have ticket number?
    Hey Mark,
    The email forwarding should still be working without any issues. I am going to see if I can find that ticket and find out what the issue is. I do know that our support manager is working on getting more people hired and trained to speed up response times. The influx of new TLD's has created a significant increase in the amount of tickets that are coming into our support team. 
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Blunderer03-17-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27847)
    @Blunderer do you have ticket number?
    Hey Mark,
    The email forwarding should still be working without any issues. I am going to see if I can find that ticket and find out what the issue is. I do know that our support manager is working on getting more people hired and trained to speed up response times. The influx of new TLD's has created a significant increase in the amount of tickets that are coming into our support team. 
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

[size]
    I'll PM it.[/size]

Lostwithiel03-17-2014 11:09 PM

Roy,

I'm using outlook.com / hotmail for sending and receiving email for my lostwithiel.tel website. I copied method outlined athttp://goo.gl/QvoMY7 and applied instructions to my dot tel control panel.

Information for carrying out similar activity, using google mail, contained within this article :-

https://sites.google.com/a/haussmann...telnic-domain/

Regards,

Keith

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2014 12:24 AM

Hi Mark,

I was able to look into the ticket and found that one of support rep's was able to respond to the customer. The issue that they found was that he was not using our MX records any longer. The mx record needs to be mx3.name.com and if they changed that in their CTH, then the email forwarding won't work. If they continue to have issues, let me know. I hope you have a good night

Blunderer03-18-2014 12:13 PM

@Mark,

Now I'm really confused. Here is what the DNS records show:

Templates 
    Type Host Answer TTL Prio Created Actions
    MX ilfracombe.tel mx3.name.com 300 10 2013-12-22 edit | delete
    TXT ilfracombe.tel v=spf1 a mx ~all 300 N/A 2013-12-22 edit | delete
    A .ilfracombe.tel 300 N/A

These values were inserted by someone at Name.com on Sunday, with a message that all should be working.

Today, I've received another message from Name.com - seems its all Telnic's fault! :

"Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the confusion regarding your email forwarding. In order for the email forwarding to work you will need to create an MX record through Telnic for your domain with the value "mx3.name.com". Once you have done this with Telnic, your email forwarding will work properly."

I'll get back onto Name after this...

@Aled,

Do you understand the references to Telnic?

Blunderer03-18-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostwithiel (Post 27849)
    Roy,

I'm using outlook.com / hotmail for sending and receiving email for my lostwithiel.tel website. I copied method outlined athttp://goo.gl/QvoMY7 and applied instructions to my dot tel control panel.

Information for carrying out similar activity, using google mail, contained within this article :-

https://sites.google.com/a/haussmann...telnic-domain/

Regards,

Keith

[size]

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reminder and links - I will use this method for my personal mail. However, in this instance I simply wanted a forwarding address which identified the domain that the enquiry was coming from.

With DM the process is simple - enter the email name you choose, enter the address it is to forward to, click the button - job done!

I have always found Name's admin area difficult to fathom, and have always been required to set up MX records but, they changed the design and layout of everything last year and I find it harder to navigate, and the instructions and references to be obscure. The biggest problem I have though, is the conflicting instructions I receive on how to set up the email forwarding - only set up mx3..... or, set up mx3, mx4, mx5, mx6, mx7, mx8, and there are variations in the priority I'm told to attribute to each. The forwarding seldom works first time.

Regards,

Roy[/size]

Aled03-18-2014 01:02 PM

The CTH has a section in "settings" where you setup a .tel email address. Here you add a mailserver which is in effect setting the MX records. 

If there is currently an MX record for the name in question it should appear in this section. If not then you can add it in here. It seems like they are caught between doing it for you and asking you to do it yourself. If they have added the relevant MX records then you don't need to do anything. If they haven't then you need to know the settings from them and you can set in the CTH.

Note - some .tel registrars do not allow an email address to be set through the CTH. In this situation the "setup .tel email" option does not appear in settings and you need to contact the provider to see if they will do it for you.

Blunderer03-18-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27853)
    The CTH has a section in "settings" where you setup a .tel email address. Here you add a mailserver which is in effect setting the MX records. 

If there is currently an MX record for the name in question it should appear in this section. If not then you can add it in here. It seems like they are caught between doing it for you and asking you to do it yourself. If they have added the relevant MX records then you don't need to do anything. If they haven't then you need to know the settings from them and you can set in the CTH.

Note - some .tel registrars do not allow an email address to be set through the CTH. In this situation the "setup .tel email" option does not appear in settings and you need to contact the provider to see if they will do it for you.

[size]

Ermm..... well, I've had a look in the CTH and find this: mx.ilfracombe.tel.a.emailconfig.com. I don't know where that came from.

Should I change it to mx3.name.com * which is what Name.com have set the DNS Record to? (never had to do this for any others).

* see posts #8 and #9 above.[/size]

Aled03-18-2014 02:30 PM

Yes, from the details given by Name.com that needs to be Mx3....

Blunderer03-18-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27855)
    Yes, from the details given by Name.com that needs to be Mx3....

[size]
    Hi Aled,

That has fixed it. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Roy[/size]

Blunderer03-18-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27850)
    Hi Mark,

I was able to look into the ticket and found that one of support rep's was able to respond to the customer. The issue that they found was that he was not using our MX records any longer. The mx record needs to be mx3.name.com and if they changed that in their CTH, then the email forwarding won't work. If they continue to have issues, let me know. I hope you have a good night

[size]
    Thank you for your help Mark. This is the first time I have ever had to edit the CTH to get a forwarder working, and had no idea that I needed to. I would be pleased if you would thank your contact on my behalf at the next opportunity.

Kind regards,

Roy[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 1:06 am