The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Soon the "Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code" can be added into .tel domains

Alex
Admin

Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Soon the "Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code" can be added into .tel domains

Post by Alex on 2012-07-09, 9:48 am

On 31st May 2012 the implementation of the "Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code" into the control panel of .tel domains was requested by a .tel member.

It will allow .tel owners to verify their .tel domains by linking to their Google Analytics accounts (and not require the addition of ugly and visible verification codes in the content of the .tel domain).

More details at: What is the Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code?

Today's info from Aled Williams, Director of Customer Services for Telnic:

This was planned to be included in last week's release, but there was an issue at the last minute so we didn't want that to affect the release of the new templates. We're looking at getting it updated as soon as we can.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Re: Soon the "Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code" can be added into .tel domains

Post by fustachio.tel on 2012-07-09, 3:26 pm

I've removed the ugly code a while ago and I've deactivated my Google Analytics as,

A: Theres new laws about tracking cookies and other such things and .tel has no disclosure policy of what data is being tracked by what on a .tel and what it's being used for down the line and might leave me liable in some weird situation, and as it's a direct to me contact data card I don't want lawyers just appearing at random.
B: I don't want to add any more data to Googles stockpile that makes them money and makes me poor when it de-ranks me at some weird algorithm change.
C: .tel does not respect the opt out? if a web browser requests no tracking data? if it does then tell me where because it needs to toe the line and rip out / block Google Analytics for people who display such a request, or does Google Analytics recognize the browsers request to opt-out of tracking collection and cookies? and therefor it's universally complaint?
D: This is far too late and far too negligent, the new CP should have it's own tracking stats pulled in from the developer stats we used to have, it's very easy for a competent web developer to pull in those stats to a php page and not doing it is just again handing more of .tel over to other services to save money, and pushing telnics customers out to other services that make them and us feel .tel has very little to offer on its own.
E: Customers want and need choice, always defaulting to Google and only Google is just handing them a constant monopoly and will in the future result in more corporate abuse of the Internet, so can we please get away from Google? and become .tel sufficient?
Don't forget Google is loosing it's powerhouse and is now a terrible parasitic company, it's no longer the pioneering company it used to be it's just living for the ad revenue and wont be around for much longer but while it is, it will play that monopoly to our detriment..
And if your wondering why I use 2x dots for making new line spaces I use opera and I have no idea why but this site wont recognize spaces when I click send after I've made them it constricts the whole section of text into one block without them.

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Soon the "Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code" can be added into .tel domains

Post by JH on 2012-07-09, 5:44 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:... it's just living for the ad revenue and wont be around for much longer
You’re right; Google has some serious conception mistakes:

1.) When I search for widespread keywords, I get millions of search results. If I want to get an overview about all of them, I would need years just for one search request only.
2.) Very often not the most relevant websites appear on page one of Google, but the websites from people with the best SEO skills. Therefore often Google leads me to SEO optimized websites without valuable content.
3.) Google is too confusing for common people. Internet users need only 10 % of their services and 50 % of their services are even irrelevant.
4.) There is no understandable and / or transparent sorting in the search engine results and no classification of different kind of websites. When the searcher reads the search results, he has no clue what kind of service lies behind a link (e. g. type of organization) – until he decides to open the websites.
5.) Google is too complicated. No internet user (and even no expert) can explain why a website appears on position 1, 2, 3 or 10 at Google.

So definitely there is a huge potential for improvement in search engines. Even Google is still the best available search engine, if somebody could provide a better overview, Google can still be beaten.
Bing hasn’t accomplished this target, because they just copied the Google website without real innovation.
Perhaps Apple with their unique feeling for user-friendliness will open their own search engine on day.

But on the other hand Google is already too big to fail. Different than Facebook because of Google's product diversification (e. g. with Android and smart glasses) they will secure future revenues and their survival in the long run.

BTW TelPages could make it better, but for that it must be developed.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on 2012-07-09, 5:52 pm

My bad apparently some of my newer domains still had the code but the underlaying GA account for each was deleted along time ago I guess I didn't clean them fully, checking my old ones now just to be sure I've not left anything else behind.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on 2012-07-10, 1:44 pm

Alex
Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex on 2012-07-10, 2:35 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Also a sign for the growing awareness of privacy protection (which can make .tel very popular in a few years)!

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2018-12-11, 5:16 pm