The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Control Panel and Firefox 23

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Control Panel and Firefox 23 Empty Control Panel and Firefox 23

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 10:04 am

Lostwithiel08-14-2013 10:18 AM

Control Panel and Firefox 23

I am having problems using the main Control Panel at https://live.tel-hosting.net/g2/dashboard.action when using Firefox 23 (XP operating System)

Although I can edit Titles and Text Header, I can’t edit Content Information or Keywords. I can’t see the drop down menus on the Add New Item Page. (The menus that start with Phone and None)

When I access https://live.tel-hosting.net/g2/dashboard.action a warning shield appears to the left of the url in the Navigation Toolbar. Even when I accept “Disable Blocked Content for this page” I still can’t edit Keywords and Content Information.

Looking around Mozilla Help pages I think problem may be related to Edge Cases.

See https://blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2013/...in-firefox-23/ Anyone else having this problem, and is there a solution? 

Current work around I am using, all of which still operate fine are :-

• Use Chrome Browser, (Version 28.0.1500.95 m
    • Using another PC with Firefox 22 installed
    • Accessing Control Panel via http://www.telvision.co/

[size]

Thanks for help,

Regards,

Keith[/size]

Aled08-19-2013 01:21 PM

Hi Keith,

We're taking a look to see if we can replicate this issue. Do you know if this is a recent issue or is it that you have just upgraded Firefox?

Thanks,
    Aled

Lostwithiel08-19-2013 02:12 PM

Hi Aled,

Thanks for response. Problem only started after automatic update of Firefox from V22 to version 23. Didn't have the problem with Firefox 22. I think problem caused by Firefox 23 automatically blocking mixed content. 

Also I can't see Google Maps in Control panel with either Firefox 23 or Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m. This looks like same problem reported by Tony Mayo in his email.

Regards,

Keith

Aled08-19-2013 02:19 PM

Hi Keith,

Re the dropdowns we've tried upgrading Firefox and it's taken us to version 23.0.1, which was released on the 16th. We can't replicate on this version. Can you see if you can upgrade to this and retry to see if the problem still exists?

Re the maps issue, this could indeed be a mixed content issue in Firefox. If you click on the shield to the left of the url and accept, does the map then load?

Thanks,
    Aled

Lostwithiel08-19-2013 02:54 PM

Hi Aled.

I'm using Firefox V23.0.1 with Windows XP on my desktop. Still can't see drop down menu within Contact Information for the Add an Item subbox, although the Choose an Action drop down box works ok.

Have just checked with a laptop using Windows Starter 7 and Firefox V23.0.1 and all the drop down menus work ok.!!

Re Google Maps. Can solve problem in Firefox V23.0.1 with both Windows XP and Windows Starter 7 by clicking Allow blocked content option in drop down menu at far left of navigation toolbar.

Regards,

Keith

Aled08-19-2013 04:19 PM

Thanks for trying, Keith.

I don't think the dropdown issue is linked to mixed content as it isn't served from anywhere else in the same way as the Google Map is. It seems to be a specific issue between the version of Firefox and XP which is causing a problem with the dropdowns unfortunately.

tony mayo08-19-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27343)
    Re the maps issue, this could indeed be a mixed content issue in Firefox. If you click on the shield to the left of the url and accept, does the map then load?

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    Yes, this solves map loading problem.
    Thanks Aled.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-03-28, 7:29 am