The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel tools

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel tools     Empty Tel tools

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:33 pm

tel4rent02-28-2014 03:31 PM

Tel tools

Hello Alex,

i remember there was few options to display our tel directory listing on a map and on the website (as a map or simply a directory).

Could you please guide me in the right direction?

Also,

Is it very accurate? could we display it for a specific town with all the businesses listed?

Last, is it possible to use telpages to search only our dottel domain network? like google search engine customization

Many thanks,

Blunderer03-01-2014 06:45 PM

@tel4rent,

I think Aled is on leave until early next week.

"Last, is it possible to use telpages to search only our dottel domain network? like google search engine customization" 

Do you mean by this that you want to be able to pre-select a group of domains to be searched?

I have requested group search in the past. It is the only reliable way to ensure your brand customers aren't subjected to thousands of pages of nonsense "keyword" auto-filled folders - designed soleley to generate ppc income, when they use the broader TelPages search through a directory or generic site. 

In turn, it effectively limits the use of such sites to 3000 folders and internal search, instead of unlocking the potential of the 300,000 record provision - possible if creating links to Telnames or individual .tel sites, with an uncorrupted TelPages search.

Its a constant source of annoyance to me that pictures seem to attract greater attention than performance, potential and, credibility.

tel4rent03-01-2014 08:43 PM

Thanks Blunderer!

Yes i mean to use Telpages to search a group of .tel domain and return only a result from those domains data. I think also that we have asked this question before...may be something is in progress.

Any idea on the map?

supercyberheroes03-01-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 27802)
    Thanks Blunderer!

Yes i mean to use Telpages to search a group of .tel domain and return only a result from those domains data. I think also that we have asked this question before...may be something is in progress.

Any idea on the map?

[size]
    Yes, it's possible, as an example just go to http://movie.tel and click on the search box: iron man, you will see some results, then again click iron man 3, not results will come up, but you will see the page of iron man 3, just try mate.

Regards[/size]

boracay.tel03-02-2014 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 27802)
    Thanks Blunderer!

[size]
    It's such a shame for directories...
    The underlying basic system just needed tweaking.
    The promotion is easy (but only if it can be shown that it works)

Regards the map, now that is an excellent tool that telnic implemented, and tweaked (by Henri) very very effectively.
    It's indeed accurate. Instructions and blog entry here...
    http://www.telnic.org/blog/2011/07/15/tel-mapping-tool/[/size]

Blunderer03-02-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 27803)
    Yes, it's possible, as an example just go to http://movie.tel and click on the search box: iron man, you will see some results, then again click iron man 3, not results will come up, but you will see the page of iron man 3, just try mate.

Regards

[size]
    That's not what we mean. You have limited the search to your movie.tel site only, and it is displaying hidden folders. However, you're still limited to 3,000 folders overall, and that search would not find Telnames results - you would have to set the search for ALL TelPage results. When you search for Iron Man on Telpages you get this: http://d1.telpages.com/result.action?search=iron+man .

Now these results are actually good - in that even though most of them have nothing to do with the Iron Man movie, they do mainly relate to genuine services - scrap metal dealers, Ikea assembly instructions, etc. but, many search results just produce pages and pages which are only there because they have the keyword on them but no actual communication links, other than an Adword(s) for something loosely related.

In these circumstances, who can have confidence in/patience with the value of the search box in a .tel? Why would a customer of your brand return if they searched for an Iron man movie and found Ikea assembly instructions?

Now, selling more .tel/Telnames domains is the objective (to create the real-time - domain owner managed - global directory), and there is scope to drive this through geo and generic directories but, unless they can include a reliable, targetted keyword search of selected .tel/Telnames domains, any search will turn out just like the one for Iron Man (or worse). This does not go down well with the customers. For reliable search results which engender customer satisfaction, the only other current option is sub folder based small directories withinternal search only.[/size]

supercyberheroes03-02-2014 01:53 PM

@ blunderer that is what I want to search my site only, I want to build sites with hidden information.

http://movie.tell is about top 10 box office. could you please click on the search box the word top 1, and you will see all information about top1 all of them from my movie.tel also try top 2 same thing.

Regards

Blunderer03-02-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 27806)
    @ blunderer that is what I want to search my site only, I want to build sites with hidden information.

http://movie.tell is about top 10 box office. could you please click on the search box the word top 1, and you will see all information about top1 all of them from my movie.tel also try top 2 same thing.

Regards

[size]
    I understand that but, what if you wanted someone using your solarenergy site to be able to search and view results from both your solarenergy and greenenergy sites? You would have to set the search to use TelPages so, if they were looking for solar panels, and they entered that into the search box at the top of YOUR site - this is what they would get: http://d0.telpages.com/result.action...h=solar+panels[/size]

supercyberheroes03-03-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27807)
    I understand that but, what if you wanted someone using your solarenergy site to be able to search and view results from both your solarenergy and greenenergy sites? You would have to set the search to use TelPages so, if they were looking for solar panels, and they entered that into the search box at the top of YOUR site - this is what they would get:http://d0.telpages.com/result.action...h=solar+panels

[size]
    At the moment I am sure you know that its only the way to do so, or search your .tel site or search all .tel sites.

Regards[/size]

Blunderer03-03-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 27808)
    At the moment I am sure you know that its only the way to do so, or search your .tel site or search all .tel sites.

Regards

[size]
    Which is why Tel4Rent and I are asking for a group search facility as a third search option.[/size]

Gibran03-04-2014 02:41 PM

Blunderer I agree that the average user who comes to Telpages (as it is now) will never return..... I have an idea, I am not sure whether this has been floated before or not, and I have not as yet given it any serious thought....

I think that any search on Telpages should return only the root domain(s) under which the search term is discovered.
    When the user hits that root TEL then he can drill down in that TEL to find more information.

The search on a specific TEL should be limited to that TEL only. There should be no option to "search all Tels".

I feel that users would be very comfortable with this way of searching "Teldirectory".

What do you guys think?

boracay.tel03-05-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 27810)
    The search on a specific TEL should be limited to that TEL only. There should be no option to "search all Tels".

I feel that users would be very comfortable with this way of searching "Teldirectory".

What do you guys think?

[size]

That would certainly squash a bug!
    But what about the hard work the blunderers et all are putting into building out complex interlinked city teldirectories? 
    Feature being/worth paying for 

*** add a third option. 
    Via the CTH, just a textbox search filter "field" with domains entered, listed one after the other seperated by a comma?
    Mark eats this stuff for breakfast, ready by lunch[/size]

Gibran03-05-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 27811)
    That would certainly squash a bug!
    But what about the hard work the blunderers et all are putting into building out complex interlinked city teldirectories? 
    Feature being/worth paying for 

*** add a third option. 
    Via the CTH, just a textbox search filter "field" with domains entered, listed one after the other seperated by a comma?
    Mark eats this stuff for breakfast, ready by lunch

[size]
    I think that returning only the Root TEL in TELPAGES would keep it clean.
    Maybe a secondary pop-up search box with additional filters could be deployed after the initial search putting more power in the hands of the searcher.

After this when the searcher hits a specific TEL, the 'search this tel' feature would allow him to drill down further.

Even with these three levels, I think it would be easier than searching with Google, which really returns dozens or even hundreds of pages without obvious structure.

Google searches can be tedious. TELDIRECTORY will never be as cumbersome as Google.[/size]

Blunderer03-05-2014 11:31 PM

@Gibran/@Boracay

I can see that for some users there may be merit in your suggestion but I'm not sure that it would solve my problem - how to avoid presenting thousands of keyword rich sub domains which are devoid of actual search related contact information. These frustrate the searcher by obscuring genuinely useful results, and they devalue the global contact directory concept which, I agree, should be a better contact search experience than Google. 

Only presenting root page results would not eliminate my problem. Having to open the root page and then search again would just mean that it took longer for the searcher to discover that most of the results were of no use to them - even more frustrating.

Gibran03-06-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27813)
    @Gibran/@Boracay

I can see that for some users there may be merit in your suggestion but I'm not sure that it would solve my problem - how to avoid presenting thousands of keyword rich sub domains which are devoid of actual search related contact information. These frustrate the searcher by obscuring genuinely useful results, and they devalue the global contact directory concept which, I agree, should be a better contact search experience than Google. 

Only presenting root page results would not eliminate my problem. Having to open the root page and then search again would just mean that it took longer for the searcher to discover that most of the results were of no use to them - even more frustrating.

[size]
    Do you think that the search facility in TELPAGES could be made intelligent enough to weed out those sub domains which are devoid of search related contact info?[/size]

Blunderer03-06-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 27815)
    Do you think that the search facility in TELPAGES could be made intelligent enough to weed out those sub domains which are devoid of search related contact info?

[size]
    I wouldn't have thought so. People can put what they like in their sites, and have a right to be found by a TelPages search.

I'm only asking for the ability to target the search function on my sites - to better support the sale of individual ,tel and Telname sites, along with sub directories for those that require a managed listing. As things stand, having access to up to 300K records is of no consequence since they cannot be searched from within a .tel site (and not at all through a Telnames site). This means that a TelPages search is the only way to find the content of those records if they link to an individual .tel or Telname.

I think that Telnic are missing an opportunity in ignoring local directories as a useful, possibly better, route to market for domain sales than current strategies. Total registrations don't seem to be growing.[/size]

Gibran03-06-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27816)
    I wouldn't have thought so. People can put what they like in their sites, and have a right to be found by a TelPages search.

I'm only asking for the ability to target the search function on my sites - to better support the sale of individual ,tel and Telname sites, along with sub directories for those that require a managed listing. As things stand, having access to up to 300K records is of no consequence since they cannot be searched from within a .tel site (and not at all through a Telnames site). This means that a TelPages search is the only way to find the content of those records if they link to an individual .tel or Telname.

I think that Telnic are missing an opportunity in ignoring local directories as a useful, possibly better, route to market for domain sales than current strategies. Total registrations don't seem to be growing.

[size]
    Hi Blunderer

I understand your need.

In terms of domain sales - I am thinking that local directories do not sell a whole lot of domains - one domain and 30000 sub-domains for a city translates into one domain sale for Telnic. Maybe this is why they do do not see directories as being a solution to thier needs.[/size]

supercyberheroes03-06-2014 11:09 PM

@ Gibran and @ Blunderer
    Both are right, if we look it in different way, if I want to build my directory: solarenergy.tel with 299000 contacts information we need to sort out this: As things stand, having access to up to 300K records is of no consequence since they cannot be searched from within a .tel site

@ Gibran not all .tel domains are susceptible for directories, in fact most of them are not, all generic are susceptible for directories. What I mean with this is that if you have a business with .tel domains, .co .com etc can be add in our .tel directory

Blunderer03-07-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 27817)
    Hi Blunderer

In terms of domain sales - I am thinking that local directories do not sell a whole lot of domains - one domain and 30000 sub-domains for a city translates into one domain sale for Telnic. Maybe this is why they do do not see directories as being a solution to thier needs.

[size]
    Hi Gibran,

Type Hotel into the search box here http://southmolton.tel You won't see the George Hotel in the results, but it is in the site. And you also won't be able to search and find results for folk, blues, or bluegrass music - all available at the George Hotel.

That's why I'm not selling .tel/Telnames domains.

We have taken 14 orders in the past 24Hrs - all will be sub-folders (3 up already - taxis on Ilfracombe and Axminster) - all will contain genuine, useable business info and links - all will be capable of being searched for and found - and no glossy pictures needed.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-08-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27819)

We have taken 14 orders in the past 24Hrs - all will be sub-folders (3 up already - taxis on Ilfracombe and Axminster) - all will contain genuine, useable business info and links - all will be capable of being searched for and found - and no glossy pictures needed.

[size]
    Nice job. Are you still doing direct calls to prospects to solicit their business?
    Mark[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel tools     Empty Re: Tel tools

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:33 pm

Blunderer03-08-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27820)
    Nice job. Are you still doing direct calls to prospects to solicit their business?
    Mark

[size]
    Yes Mark. In fact my wife is normally out on Saturday mornings but I had the car in bits 'so she spent an hour on the phone and recruited a plumber, a tiler and a flooring contractor for the Ilfracombe site. We moved house in November and haven't really done much since then. It's been a good week, and has got us back in the swing of it.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-08-2014 10:57 PM

Good to know that works. I spent the summer going door to door for the Discover Aurora game. Face to face was best.Plan to spend a week doing same in neighbouring area once the warm weather greets me,
    Mark

supercyberheroes03-08-2014 11:52 PM

@ Blunderer and @ Mark good work for both of you.

I have restaurante.tel means restaurant in English, I visited 10 restaurants, and I spoke to the owners and I said: that I was doing a search to see if they would like an optimised page for their business; trust me 7 said: yes, I would do it, 3 said not interesting. 

Would be interesting if Mark make a tool that will be able to pay to sale men commission for ever as longer the page is renew.

I do not mind to say a sale men, look I got this premium .tel sites, for every customers that you bring to me, I will pay you 45 or 50% for ever as longer they renew the page, and on top of that I will build the page for them free of charge, then after that they can use telvision.co tool to update the page by their-self, but how can I prove to the sale men that a customer have drop the page and will not renew it, with a tool they can see that is true, and every year that a page is renew the sale men will get the commission paid.

Regards

boracay.tel03-09-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27819)
    Hi Gibran,

Type Hotel into the search box here http://southmolton.tel You won't see the George Hotel in the results, but it is in the site. And you also won't be able to search and find results for folk, blues, or bluegrass music - all available at the George Hotel.

That's why I'm not selling .tel/Telnames domains.

We have taken 14 orders in the past 24Hrs - all will be sub-folders (3 up already - taxis on Ilfracombe and Axminster) - all will contain genuine, useable business info and links - all will be capable of being searched for and found - and no glossy pictures needed.

[size]
    Is it a once only payment for life? Or, are your customers coming back year after year to list?

The example you gave, surely you need to create category and or exact hotel splash pages within the southmolton site to get a search result. So as you say, for a search result, must sell listings as subdomains, only then link to a further exact fancy upsell/own .telnames for each hotel??? I know it's got a limit of 3000 doing it that way

What about this way..
    Talfen.tel ;-/

Anyway, whoever gives you money, just do it that way. I'm not sure many of us did/doing it the talfen way? Paying instead for a flexible premium pro directory version of .tel was requested (I think is how it went a few years ago...)[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-09-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 27826)

Would be interesting if Mark make a tool that will be able to pay to sale men commission for ever as longer the page is renew.

I do not mind to say a sale men, look I got this premium .tel sites, for every customers that you bring to me, I will pay you 45 or 50% for ever as longer they renew the page, and on top of that I will build the page for them free of charge, then after that they can use telvision.co tool to update the page by their-self, but how can I prove to the sale men that a customer have drop the page and will not renew it, with a tool they can see that is true, and every year that a page is renew the sale men will get the commission paid.

Regards

[size]
    That's not really a .TEL-only tool. It is a tool that links the saleman with subdomain page he sold, right? So he can look to see if the page still exists a year later and the tool validates in real time?

Mark[/size]

supercyberheroes03-09-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27829)
    That's not really a .TEL-only tool. It is a tool that links the saleman with subdomain page he sold, right? So he can look to see if the page still exists a year later and the tool validates in real time?

Mark

[size]
    Yes, you right I was thinking this point is sale men for email identity, geo email big city like Bogota, Mark@bogota.tel drop, but the next or same day another Mark get it, how to prove him that its another Mark new customer. I have to show him statement.

Anyway, thanks Mark for responding.[/size]

tel4rent03-10-2014 08:29 PM

Hi,

Search.
    Talfen is a good example to show the importance Search. It is a petty to see the system returning results that are outside the directory Talfen.

For example: i searched for cinema and it went out of the directory and fetched for something not related to lebanon cinema so the Search is defeating its purpose. Even if you choose the this Tel.

It would be so useful to select specific Tel domains.

Map.

Is there a possibility to exclude the sub domains from displaying on the map? for example: restaurants.mydomain.tel

Also, how will the map treat the following listing

vienna-cafe.coffeshop.mydomain.tel
    bon-cafe.mydomain.tel

Will the second one display faster? Will listing all businesses directly on the domain load faster on the map?

Is the position of the listing on the map based on the physical address entered in the domain or the map address in CTH?

Is it possible to display the logo in the bubble? 
    How does the system determines which phone number to display? mobile or landline?

Thanks

boracay.tel03-10-2014 09:55 PM

How to use, implement the map, and it's options...
    From the telnic website tools for webmasters

To embed your .tel into your webpage quickly and easily, simply add this snippet to your web page.