The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling Empty These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:37 am

marimax12-13-2010 05:01 AM

These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling

He ist one of the biggest domain investors.
    His words relate to .coms but the same should apply to .tels
    So register geo domains and DEVELOP , DEVELOP
    Why ?
    Because they are a killer category words and are real

Frank Schilling said it best – only about 2% of all names registered mean anything so let me give you a couple life lessons for 2011

If you can’t name the top 2% then consider ignoring all drop lists for a couple weeks and go back to domain name 101 school and learn what makes a good domain.
    Stop following trends – you should know the core names almost off the top of your head and while trends have a place how can you really pick a good name from a new batch if you don’t understand the ones already around?
    Ignore weekly sales reports. They are fun but no one has been able to find logic in them since 1941 and no one ever will.
    Spend money on good names. Do not spend money on 100 mediocre ones. Buy 1 good one.
    There is also life outside of America. I have heard many comments about people looking at some domain buys and then doing a Google search saying well hey – this name gets no traffic since it doesn’t show up in Google. Oh my ….

Names with international appeal like SydneyHotels.com do not need Google USA Page 1 to be successful. While a Google US search may not show SydneyHotels.com favorably yet it’s already on page 1 of Google.com from almost all locations outside the US.

Names like LasVegasHotels.com have been (by far) some of the best acquisitions EVER with thousands of direct type in traffic every month. The new owners have a site that is continuously being upgraded and now in its 3rd version. If you compare this site’s look, feel and functionality now versus the way it looked pre-acquisition earlier in the year using the history tool on Archive.org I think everyone will agree development like this undoubtedly makes a more valuable asset having undergone professional development.

I could go on and on but the fact is some of the best domains in the world are finally getting developed by people who can develop. Not mini-sites or these mass development services but people with actual development budgets and link building skills.

Finally… the future has begun

Cees12-14-2010 07:39 AM

Marimax,
    Very interesting reading, I'm going to show my ignorance here, I never heard of the guy, but its well worth checking out his journey.
    Thanks again.

marimax12-18-2010 10:56 PM

This is another quote from another big domain investor:
    "93% of all U.S. GDP is sold, spent, and delivered within 20 miles of people’s homes, making LOCAL advertising even more important for today's businesses."
    First of all we should register as many geo domains like Bostonrestaurants, Denverhotels, Montrealdoctors and on, populate them and advertise among friends and associates to spread the word around.
    This is the easiest way to be known around your city and with thosand of cities around the world also around the world.

Cees12-18-2010 11:56 PM

More good info!

Shahid12-19-2010 09:18 AM

agree with you there, its good to have Geo domains it helps but the worst part comes to populating it i have so many i am dreading..

marimax12-19-2010 11:46 PM

Cees; here is the link to frank Schilling blog :http://domainnamesales.com/sevenmile/ also you should read
    www.dnjournal.com. Lots of good information about domaining.
    Sorry you can not click on these links, I don't know how to do it if you know do it so others can click on these links and read it on the regular basis.

Shahid; I know what you mean. It takes time and patience to populate your domains but at least you can do it yourself, don't have to spend fortune hiring a web developer.
    I am slowly populating mine domains and I only wish we could add on the side 2-4 more pictures.
    It would make a huge difference how each page looks

marimax12-19-2010 11:48 PM

Magic, when I posted it, it changed itself to blue so you can click on it and read all good news .

RaffaeleDellaPeruta01-08-2011 09:46 PM

Frank Shilling is another Vancouver Domainer that has made a fortune building up a domain collection and building. I agree with every quote he made in this thread.
    FrankW.
    FrankW.

These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling Empty Re: These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling

Post by FrankW. 2015-05-26, 10:54 am

Frank Schilling has dropped his .tel domain:

http://telnic.org/whois.html?domain=frankschilling
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling Empty Re: These are the wise words fron Frank Schilling

Post by TelBlogger 2015-05-27, 4:05 am

Wise man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-29, 12:56 am