The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+7
maxi
Toptel
Calculito
silvano
x1y2
fustachio.tel
11 posters

Google warning about Cookies Consent

Calculito
    Calculito

Warning level : 100 %

Google warning about Cookies Consent Empty Google warning about Cookies Consent

Post by Calculito 2015-08-04, 9:07 am

Hi guys, I used to write in the old Telnic forum, this is my first post in this one.

I´ve recently received an email from google, advising the European Union webmasters to implement a Cookie Consent procedure before 30th of September. This applies in case we have Google ADs (adsense) in our sites. They may ban adsense acounts if the mecanism is not applied.

I´m really concerned about this. We can´t really implement or add a plugin (as per .tel domains nature), but also Telnic hasn´t implemented anything to comply with the EU laws.

Any ideas?

Any chances Telnic adds a proper plug in to the current deployment?.

This could be the final punch to .tel domains.
    Calculito
    Calculito

Google warning about Cookies Consent Empty Re: Google warning about Cookies Consent

Post by Calculito 2015-08-04, 9:15 am

My concern comes from the situation that I´m making still money out of .tel domains. Not as much as a couple of years before, as I don´t have enough time to attend them, but still interesting money, and I don´t want to lose those incomes.
    di7
    di7

Google warning about Cookies Consent Empty Re: Google warning about Cookies Consent

Post by di7 2015-08-04, 9:22 am

Welcome to the forum, Calculito!

Now it takes revenge that .tel does not allow any flexibility.

There would have been two options to adjust .tel for market needs:
    1.) Increasing the manpower for development at Telnic.
    2.) Open the .tel platform for external programmers.

Telnic did the opposite and didn't want to listen for many years.

Calculito
    Calculito

Post by Calculito 2015-08-04, 9:26 am

Any case, we need a quick solution. In a couple of months this will be over. Does anyone know a solution for this?.

Post by 4444 2015-08-04, 9:37 am

You can try your luck contacting these people directly and requesting an update for .tel domains, but don't expect too much:

http://kash.tel
    http://huw.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2015-08-06, 2:20 pm

make a sub domain cookies.something.tel, put info on it and then link to it on other pages or in sub info or something. or owner of http://cookies.tel/ puts info on all potential tel type cookies and everyone links to that domain. then put maybe "Continued use of this tel domain resource, constitutes your acceptance of the tel community general cookie policy" "please see cookies.tel for more information".
    .tel support
    .tel support

Post by .tel support 2015-08-07, 4:31 am

Please add the following link to your .tel domains if you are using Google AdSense:

Description:
    We use unobtrusive cookies.
    For more information about cookie consent and the cookies .tel domains use click here:
    Link:
    http://cookies.tel

For better handling, I recommend to use the contact type "Go to a .tel".

Suggestions are welcome!
    x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2015-08-07, 5:11 am

@.tel support

That looks like a good solution.

Whenever Telnic is too lazy to optimize .tel domains, .tel owners could help out.

Here another example when third parties did Telnic's job:
    This is an alternative for missing contact forms on .tel domains: http://www.teltalk.org/t331-mask-your-email-address-on-any-tel-page
    Unfortunatley this service is canceled.
    .tel support
    .tel support

Post by .tel support 2015-08-07, 5:45 am

x1y2 wrote:That looks like a good solution.

Thank you.

I've published the domain cookies.tel after the suggestion from Fustachio very fast.

That's one big advantage of .tel domains: no other website than .tel can be developed faster!
    .tel support
    .tel support

Post by .tel support 2015-08-07, 11:50 am

Now, you can also use http://cookie.tel to meet the Google AdSense requirements.
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2015-08-09, 11:23 am

Cookies are a matter not just for Google, but are an European regulation. In Europe the user must always be informed of cookies and of their usage while browsing a site.

How it works in Italy (I'm not sure of my English technical translations, I apologize).

There are two type of cookies: technical cookies and tracking cookies (third part cookies).

• Technical cookies (cookies of navigation session and analytics cookies): the owner of the site may inform the users of their presence with the most suitable mode, for example, through the insertion of indications in a page with the privacy policy of the site.

• Tracking cookies and third-party cookies: when you access a web site you should immediately see a banner containing a brief statement with the consent prompt for cookies and a link to access an informative page where you will find more detailed information on cookies. The banner must be large enough to cover part of the contents of the web page that you are visiting and must be eliminated only through active intervention, i.e. by selecting an item in the page.

In case of non-disclosure or inappropriate disclosure, or installation of cookies on users' terminals without the prior consent of those acts, there is a fine from 6000 to 36000 euro.

My opinion.

A tel site with Google Analytics needes only a note or a page stating the use of navigation and technical cookies.

I'm not sure that the presence of Google Adsense Adverts in a tel site it's legal in Europe, because you can't add the clickable banner on the site.

Having no advertising in my sites, I'm adding a simple disclaimer.
    Example (in Italian)
    http://privacy.colophon.albenga.tel/

Greetings.
    .tel support
    .tel support

Post by .tel support 2015-08-09, 2:56 pm

silvano wrote:A tel site with Google Analytics needes only a note or a page stating the use of navigation and technical cookies.

.tel domains use also cookies for other purposes, e.g. for:

• Google AdSense
    • Google Analytics
    • Login of Telfriends
    • Connected third-party tools, e.g. Telmasters
    • Future developments
    • Etc.

I've tried to describe all cases here: http://usage.cookies.tel

silvano wrote:I'm not sure that the presence of Google Adsense Adverts in a tel site it's legal in Europe, because you can't add the clickable banner on the site.

This information in the header of http://cookies.tel and http://cookie.tel is supposed to cover that question:

If you continue to use .tel domains without changing your settings, we’ll assume you are happy to receive all cookies from .tel domains.
    Calculito
    Calculito

Post by Calculito 2015-09-30, 8:57 am

Hi again. I was trying to include the cokies consents warning by add a text .

My problem is that I normally used web tools that are not available any more.

Could someone tell me how I can add a text ad or image ad? (check for example vars.tel in order to know the kind of ads I men.).

Thanks in advance.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2015-09-30, 10:10 am

Calculito wrote:Could someone tell me how I can add a text ad or image ad?

How to add pictures, ads and videos to your .tel domains easily?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2015-09-30, 4:28 pm

.tel support wrote:I've tried to describe all cases here: http://usage.cookies.tel
    Nice work! .tel support, thank you very much for it!

May be you need to delete the double row (COOKIE POLICY) here:
    http://webmasters.cookies.tel/
    .tel support
    .tel support

Post by .tel support 2015-10-01, 2:02 pm

Thank you for your help, maxi!

I followed your recommendation.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2015-10-03, 11:54 am

Now will it be enough to create a link to cookies.tel on our TELs and the EU rules about cookies will be completed?
    .tel support
    .tel support

Post by .tel support 2015-10-03, 12:50 pm

maxi wrote:Now will it be enough to create a link to cookies.tel on our TELs and the EU rules about cookies will be completed?

It's the best option .tel domains currently allow.

In addition, the EU legislation requires prior informed consent for storage or for access to information stored on a user's terminal equipment. In other words, you must ask users if they agree to most cookies before the .tel site starts to use them.
    http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm

But this isn't possible, because the cookies from .tel sites get stored immediatiely when a user is visiting the .tel site.
    As long Telnic doesn't create an advanced solutions, .tel owners can't make anything else than at least informing the .tel visitors about the use of cookies for .tel domains.

Since .tel owners have no other option due to the technical restrictions and due to the moderate use of cookies by .tel domains, .tel owners can expect not getting fined.

If you should ever get troubles with the authorities, please point out that an user agreement for cookies on .tel domains is impossible due to the restrictions created by Telnic.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2015-10-03, 1:00 pm

.tel support wrote:..., please point out that an user agreement for cookies on .tel domains is impossible due to the restrictions created by Telnic.

... and don't expect that Telnic will improve .tel domains:
    http://www.teltalk.org/t1733p184-telnic-pulls-a-cunning-move#15530
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2015-10-04, 5:15 pm

.tel support wrote:In addition, the EU legislation requires prior informed consent for storage or for access to information stored on a user's terminal equipment. In other words, you must ask users if they agree to most cookies before the .tel site starts to use them.

I see a lot of websites using the following clause:
    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more.
    This should meet the requirements.
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2015-10-06, 9:50 am

This is mine: http://cookies.movie.tel/

Movie.tel top box office this week 41 from October 05 - here you go: http://41.2015.movie.tel/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 5:25 am