The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

At least do one thing?

whatthetel

Warning level : 100 %

At least do one thing? Empty At least do one thing?

Post by whatthetel 2016-11-22, 4:41 pm

Dear Telnic

I know you have no interest in what we need or want, or are even going to be dealing with us in the future
    but can you at least do one thing? its not going to cause a flood of requests but its a security request that should be implemented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Authenticator

Install Google Authenticator 2 step on the control panel login page, most services are using this now.

I know cost might have been an issue before for SMS but emails are free so I don't know why that was not implemented that way before,
    at least this is installed on peoples phones if they want to protect their accounts, or could you not have linked it into the telnic app to receive a code for free before?.

Why should I be able to use it on my registrar to protect my domain account but the same registrar that hosts the telnic control panel does not have it installed on the control login page? or has not even requested that telnic implements it? yet tel is touted as your most important and up to date contact information.

If these domains are supposed to be representative of our contact information, and of which is important to protect from being changed unlawfully eg redirecting people to premium phone numbers or scam/fake/cloned websites, why is there nothing on there for 2 step to protect from unauthorised logins?

Maybe you have something implemented but we don't see it, and it would be a comfort and reassurance if implemented.

Thanks for your non consideration.
    as
    as
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

At least do one thing? Empty Re: At least do one thing?

Post by as 2016-11-22, 8:39 pm

Right, two-factor authentication is a must-have nowadays.

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 5:48 am