The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ? Empty What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ?

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-07, 5:25 pm

The LIKE link to click and the corresponding count seems to have suddenly disappeared from all forum posts !

I am logged-in and using an Apple MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite and Safari V8 - not sure if Windows users are also finding LIKE is now missing from their posts ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    tel.community
    tel.community
    Admin

What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ? Empty Re: What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ?

Post by tel.community 2017-03-07, 5:32 pm

Hi Mike,

It's the same problem as mentioned here:

http://www.tel.community/t4418-what-s-happened-to-the-like-button
    and
    http://www.tel.community/t4465-likes-views-no-longer-displayed-on-teltalk-posts

Whenever the forum hosting provider is making an update to the forum software, he always forgets to update the "Like" system.

The problem always gets fixed with a delay.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ? Empty Re: What's happened to the Forum LIKE system ?

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-07, 5:36 pm

OK fine - we'll wait for him/her to remember all that's needed to be done at software update time !

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-22, 10:25 am

BUMP - after 15 days from 7 March posts above !

tel.community
    tel.community
    Admin

Post by tel.community 2017-03-22, 3:35 pm

The old LIKE system is permanently broken and won't get a fix.

I have uninstalled and replaced it with another LIKE system.
    The old like votes of users have been transferred to the new one.

I hope that I have found a more steady solution this time.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-22, 4:06 pm

tel.community, I personally think that new "dislike" button will be hamful for the forum.

People instead of dividing ideas and information in a short time will become busy with "local politics" and showdowns. This happens at all forums where such option is introduced. Especialy, if that option is anonimies.

Imho, it is worth to consider removing it before it had not changed forum to a worse.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-04-17, 10:44 am

tel.community, if you think that negative votes are useful, then, please, consider the possibility of making them not anonymous. Forum is for defending someone's position with words, arguments and facts, but not with simple pressing of buttons by anonyms.
    tel.community
    tel.community
    Admin

Post by tel.community 2017-04-17, 11:40 am

Has anyone experienced problematic or inappropriate feedback with the new LIKE system on this forum?
    FrankW.
    FrankW.

Post by FrankW. 2017-04-17, 2:34 pm

If users receive a dislike voting, it's a good motivation for them to reconsider the way of writing comments. On the other hand, no user will get hurt if he receives one or two dislikes.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-04-18, 7:30 am

We also need to have in mind that system with negative feedback could be used by some people for manipulating freedom of speech in this forum and as a mean to shut down opinions which could harm their interests.

By the way, in old Telnic's forum the same problem existed and the final decision was made to leave only "positive feedback":

http://www.tel.community/t3638-member-reputations

If Telnic will decide to make reputation system, perhaps it will be less aggressive if only pluses could be added to reputation, and not minuses. In some other forums, there minuses are available, some not adequate forum members like very much to put minuses (especially to newcomers reputation) and thus the entire atmosphere of the forum becomes unpleasantly aggressive.

P.S.
    When reputation system exists, then should be a rule that one user can have only one user-name.

Yes I agree, I think that users should just be able to add a plus to other users and not negatives.

They is nothing worse than leaving negative feedback ( when deserved ) and then they leave the same for you. It's pointless.

I am joined to a few forums and have never left negative feedback for this reason, I always just leave postive to people that have either helped me or the forum within there threads.

People that are not so helpful or make silly comments will soon find themselves way behind everyone else.
    tel.community
    tel.community
    Admin

Post by tel.community 2017-04-18, 1:34 pm

Hello Maxi,

Thank you for your valuable information.

I have investigated the possibilities to install an alternative LIKE system, but no other is available for this forum software.

If a majority of forum members desire to deinstall the LIKE system, I could disable it completely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-28, 11:25 am