The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+8
shahid1
TelBlogger
ixida
di7
FrankW.
Expert
maxi
DoubleHP
12 posters

Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2)

DoubleHP
    DoubleHP

Warning level : 100 %

Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2) Empty Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2)

Post by DoubleHP 2017-03-10, 3:47 pm

Hello. I tried to follow the migration tutorial I received: make a backup of my domains from https://www.teladmin.net/ and restaure them in https://www.managemy.tel/ I get error message "The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2).".

Telnic people told me that some features from the old plateform have been removed from the new; why ? Why did they make a new system with less feaures than the old one ? To prevent us from continue using their services ?

If I can not restaure my backup in https://www.managemy.tel/, which plateform will accept this backup ? How much per year ?

=> can not keep using the free services that used to be mandatory in the past.

Telnic people recommended me  https://www.telmasters.com/ but never received the verification email; web page said:
    Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/telmasters.com/httpsdocs/funcs.php on line 233
    Verification sent to (SNIPMYEMAIL). You must verify before you can login.
      Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/telmasters.com/httpsdocs/funcs.php on line 233

I tried to email the owner of www.telmasters.com but I always receive a reject notice with spam reason. Some IP seems filtered by RBL. I tried from 3 different SMTP. In all cases, the rejected IP is the same (while my 3 SMTP don't share same IP). So I think mark@telmasters.com has various redirections, and that delivery to the first MX works fine, but, things fail later during some forward.

=> can not use the recommended hosting service, and can not contact them.

So, in the end, I dumped the webpages from mydomain.tel and pushed the raw HTML files on some random webhoster. Website works fine when I force mydomain.tel to resolve to RandomWebHoster in my /etc/hosts. So, I have tried to change my DNS resolution. Gandi never accepted to change my NS. Even before eding my zone, I need to change the NS value, and this is forbidden. So, I tried to create a "planned change", a change with effective time in the future; I have set it to 14th march. Refused.

=> when hosting my website in a third party service, I was not able to make my domain point to a new nameserver.

If I can not make a smooth change, and can not plan a NS change, and if the old plateform is shutdown in march 13th, this means, in march 13th, my website will be down. Means, all .tel websites will be down on march 13th ?

So, all .tel owners will want to connect in march 13th, on their dashboards in respective registar (Gandi for me) to update their NS, then, set their zones, and wait a few hours or days for new zones to propagate ? Tens of thouthands of admins editing their dashboards at the same time the same day ? All .tel down next week ?

What is it I did not understand, or, do they really want to kill this TLD ? Bug in Gandi ?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2) Empty Re: Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2)

Post by maxi 2017-03-10, 4:55 pm

DoubleHP wrote:... or, do they really want to kill this TLD ?
    We here have few variants for this question, among them:

1. Long-term stubborn mismanagement in the registry, which results in what we all see and experience;

2. Games with Telnic's shares inside of Telnic, which again results in what we all see and experience.

Here you can find some ideas about the situation in Telnic, which results in that that we have all these troubles: http://www.tel.community/t1733-telnic-pulls-a-cunning-move
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2) Empty Re: Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2)

Post by Expert 2017-03-11, 3:46 am

@DoubleHP

Some information for clarification:

1. More or less, the provided Telhosting solution from the past has failed. That's the reason why Telnic is shutting it down.

2. Telnic doesn't support any migration of old data.

3. Your old .tel website will be empty on 13th March (in two days from now). Thanks to Telnic, you can't avoid this.

4. All you can do is to download a back up file in the old Telhosting control panel under settings.

5. You can't upload this back up file with the new Telhosting control panel.

6. Mark will be able to rebuild you .tel website with your back up file. (Charges apply!)

7. Mark Kolb from Telmasters is member of this forum: http://www.tel.community/u19 (user: kprobe)

8. You should be able to send him a private message here: http://www.tel.community/privmsg?mode=post&u=19

9. You can't reach Mark with mark@telmasters.com, because the server of telmasters.com is down.

10. You can use his new e-mail address to contact Mark: mark@canadian.me

Of course, this is not very satisfying, but I hope this information will help you.
    FrankW.
    FrankW.

Post by FrankW. 2017-03-11, 4:00 am

In additon to generating the back up file, I recommend making some screenshots from the homepage of your old .tel website and the most important subdomains.
    That will help to rebuild the website with another service later.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-03-11, 4:05 am

@FrankW.

Nice idea!
    DoubleHP and all of us have only this weekend left to save our data.
    FrankW.
    FrankW.

Post by FrankW. 2017-03-11, 4:09 am

The question is how many .tel owners will publish their old data again with another service. I could imagine that many Telnic customers are pissed off, keep quiet and just let their .tel empty.
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2017-03-11, 4:54 am

DoubleHP wrote:If I can not restaure my backup in https://www.managemy.tel/, which plateform will accept this backup ? How much per year ?

Telmasters charges $97 for this service:

http://www.tel.community/t4467p175-important-news-for-all-tel-owners-and-community-members#16537
    DoubleHP
    DoubleHP

Post by DoubleHP 2017-03-11, 5:01 am

@Expert

2: they claim they do (see the email we receved 4 times in the last 3 months). Obviously, they lied (see above the link given by maxi)

3: imagine they do the same on .com TLD ... a whole TLD in the black ? For real ? Maybe I can't avoid it, but they could have planned a better solution. Unless the issue is Gandi, but, my registar could have let me define a new NS that would be used after the move. Ending up in a blackout lasting less than 1h, with automated propagation of the new planned conf. Are we all going to rush in our dashboard and stay up the whole night ?

4: if their own platform can't load the backup, which one can ? I have dumped the webpages, and pushed them on my webserver.

5: I have seen this; dispite what's said in the email we all received.

6: how much ?

10: he gave me something@gmail in private message.

11: it's reasuring for my mental health that ... I don't feel alone. It's 3 weeks I am on this, and was wondering who was so stupid, me missing critical points and meeting no less than 5 critical bugs, or the TLD admins turning a whole TLD to the darkness.

Now, humanity have lived a few critical events on Internet:
    - 2006, the biggest hosthouse in my country (RedBus) was down for 3 days, due to a faulty electric security (a few million websites affected)
    - half root DNS down for half a day, a few years ago, after an attack
    - a whole TLD going into blackness for a few hours-days, on purpose, for planned maintainance.
    => Internet is far from a safe place.

@FrankW
    I am not pissed off ... of Telnic; I am worried about the fact a TLD can be turned off by planned maintainance, with absolutely no real world solution. I am not loosing faith in .tel or TelNIC. I am loosing faith in TLD managers. Any time, any admin could receive an email: "sorry people, in 3 months we are going to turn off your beloved TLD for a few days, and your business will be affected during an unknown time". Do this to .com ... please ... please turn off .com just to see what happens.

I thought TLDs were the most golden untouchable gods of Internet, twin brothers of root DNS. I thought the most clever people on earth were working on 24/7/365/universal reliability, a thing that shall not be down even a single second per century. Remember the world mess when just Microsoft.com had been hacked ? (DNS attack, because they had not set proper securty on how to define the secondary DNS). Remember the mess when half roots were down ?

And so few people reacting to .tel going in the black ?

@di7
    97 per year of for life time ?
    I have now found my solution (for free). Just waiting to be allowed to fix my DNS.
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2017-03-11, 5:08 am

DoubleHP wrote:@di7

I don't know.

DoubleHP wrote:I have now found my solution (for free). Just waiting to be allowed to fix my DNS.

We have to wait until Telnic will allow to adjust the name servers for .tel domains.

Currently, no one knows how long it will take after March 13 until we can switch to alternative providers.
    It should be possible on March 13, but will it work immediately?
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2017-03-11, 5:12 am

DoubleHP wrote:I have now found my solution (for free). Just waiting to be allowed to fix my DNS.

What solution will you use in the future?
    DoubleHP
    DoubleHP

Post by DoubleHP 2017-03-11, 5:19 am

@ixida
    I did a wget -r on MyDomain.tel, and pushed files on some webserver I am already paying, plus some work to fix the CSS and images. Also have my backup XML in case I subscribe TelMasters. Just need to fix my DNS zone when my registar will allow me to do so.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-11, 5:32 am

di7 wrote:

I don't know.
    One user from another forum got a letter with prices. If we then all understood well, there are 3 payments, which you need to sum up:

1. 97 USD for converting XML to a file which is good for CMS (one-time payment).
    2. 120 USD to get zip-file necessary for server’s programming (one-time payment).
    3. 20 USD every month for 20 TELs for using that CMS, adding 1 USD for each additional TEL (monthly payment).

Total for above services for the first year:
    97 + 120 + (20 x 12months) = $457 USD

For the second year and the next ones:
    (20 x 12months) = $240 USD

Add also:
    4. Required web hosting from name/com, which price depends is there unlimited disk space (& etc.) or not:

a) $7.99/month – 7.99 x 12 = $95.88 USD/year
    b) $12.99/month (unlimited) 12.99 x 12 = $155.88 USD/year

P.S.
    I personally gave no letter with prices because I haven't asked for it. This information is based on words of another user who said that he got that letter.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-03-11, 6:08 am

maxi wrote:
    di7 wrote:

I don't know.
    One user from another forum got a letter with prices. If we then all understood well, there are 3 payments, which you need to sum up:

1. 97 USD for converting XML to a file which is good for CMS (one-time payment).
    2. 120 USD to get zip-file necessary for server’s programming (one-time payment).
    3. 20 USD every month for 20 TELs for using that CMS, adding 1 USD for each additional TEL (monthly payment).

Total for above services for the first year:
    97 + 120 + (20 x 12months) = $457 USD

For the second year and the next ones:
    (20 x 12months) = $240 USD

Add also:
    4. Required web hosting from name/com, which price depends is there unlimited disk space (& etc.) or not:

a) $7.99/month – 7.99 x 12 = $95.88 USD/year
    b) $12.99/month (unlimited) 12.99 x 12 = $155.88 USD/year

P.S.
    I personally gave no letter with prices because I have't asked for it. This information is based on words of another user who said that he got that letter.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." Charles Dickens, David Copperfield.

Expected income from a .tel domain $0-$10 per year.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-11, 11:14 am

DoubleHP wrote:4: if their own platform can't load the backup, which one can ?
    The important notice: backup will be of no use for using "New Telnic's Telhost platform", because that "new platform" will allow creation only of a single-page TEL. Anymore will be no 3000 multi-sub-domains with 100 contacts on each of these subdomains, and anymore will be no long texts - as it was before.

The example of what we will have from March 13th is this one: http://kash.tel

So, there is no need to worry much about moving to a "new Telnic's platform" - because such single-page-TELs without subdomains and without long texts are completely useless.
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 100+
    Company : None
    Service : Lifetime
    Profession : Self Employed
    Experience : 18 yrs
    Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
    Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.

Migration issue: The domain name has too many labels (the maximum is 2) Empty Please

Post by shahid1 2017-03-11, 4:46 pm

Please make sure you take backup of your XML files as I mentioned Singularly as well jointly in order for us to help you with it and you do not pay anything for getting it to work on our system you only pay for the service yearly ( US$ 5 - US$ 100 max  /-  year  ) according to your usage or the slabs we create for subdomains.

because we are trying to customize this product according to your usage not just implementation something on you all
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-12, 10:52 am

maxi wrote:The important notice: backup will be of no use for using "New Telnic's Telhost platform", because that "new platform" will allow creation only of a single-page TEL ... because such single-page-TELs ... are completely useless.
    Yes, of course we need always do backups of our sites.

This backup is necessary not for migration to a "new Telnic's platform" (the only way is to do this manually) but for other important purposes - for using third party services.

And there is also a variant that one nice day Telnic will go away and another people will begin to rule TEL extension, and they will return subdomains and other necessary things to our TELs, and then we will use backups to restore our TELs on DNS hosting.

By the way, today is the last day when we can do backups.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-13, 4:19 pm

Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-14, 4:10 pm

maxi wrote:www.sexgids.tel already uses www.teldirectory.org.
    I'm seeing a few issues when viewing from an iPhone.
    Missing data. links that cause errors. Breadcrumb trail looking like it's running into heading paragraphs and no underline links

This just a 2sec peruse.
    I was thankful in the dying seconds of backup hour that mark was able to rescue by Data. And telnic too did send a backup file. Phew

What now.
    This will need time
    Blunderer
    Blunderer

Post by Blunderer 2017-03-14, 4:51 pm

Boracay wrote:
    Missing data. links that cause errors. Breadcrumb trail looking like it's running into heading paragraphs and no underline links

This just a 2sec peruse.
    I was thankful in the dying seconds of backup hour that mark was able to rescue by Data. And telnic too did send a backup file. Phew

What now.
    This will need time

You think you have got problems? I spent £2.50 on a lottery ticket for tonight's draw and I haven't won back the £56m that I've spent on .tel domains over the last nine years.

Anyway, I know that everyone involved is busy trying to sort .tel out, so I should be able to earn enough in the next twelve months to cover my costs.
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 2017-03-14, 5:39 pm

Blunderer wrote:
    Boracay wrote:

This just a 2sec peruse.

What now.
    This will need time

You think you have got problems? I spent £2.50 on a lottery ticket for tonight's draw and I haven't won back the £56m that I've spent on .tel domains over the last nine years.

Anyway, I know that everyone involved is busy trying to sort .tel out, so I should be able to earn enough in the next twelve months to cover my costs.

Blunder don't lose hope trust me it will make you happy when everything is as functional as you prefer and you make good use of it. 

Thanks
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-14, 6:10 pm

"Osaka" made her TEL sites in this way:

rum.tel/image
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2017-03-15, 4:15 am

www.sexgids.tel already uses www.teldirectory.org.

that looks like the old fashion .tel
    DoubleHP
    DoubleHP

Post by DoubleHP 2017-03-16, 1:31 pm

shahid1 the XML backup is almost useless; what have been usefull to me was doing wget -r tu grab complete pages.

Thanks for the chat, all of you.

Some one in a hosting company told me that they are expecting the .tel TLD to die within 3-5y.
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 2017-03-16, 1:48 pm

Hello thank you for your input we are constantly working trying to improve it so that's the reason its not finally done it might seem useless because it's not complete we were having some difficulty in importing the XML so we're doing our level best to improve it give us 4 to 5 days and it will be in a working mode this is one of the reasons I have not updated the forum about this
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 2017-03-16, 1:56 pm

It's not useless at all because it is quite a bit of information that is in one small file which one does not understand quite well it's not easy to decode it but they gave us as a backup but we are doing our level best in order to understand and transform it into our website builder so it could be easier for you to use and also maintain your existing that have domains that you have

It all sounds like a dream that I will do my level best to make this dream come true for everyone and myself because we have spent a lot of time building those directories for ourselves and eventually it will benefit us to just be patient and give us little bit more time this is one of the reason we do not want to charge  anybody for the coming 2 months so they can understand how this thing works and if it is beneficial to them they pay and if it's not then they don't lose anything at least we might be in a better position as we are right now thank you

We have passed phase 1.

When one imports their XML all the subdomains are created but we are trying to auto publish them now as well as copy every little bit of information that was there. 

Don't pay developers so much money where you can get it from us for free all you pay is a fee that's fair to all. 

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 8:08 am