The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account Empty Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-15, 9:43 pm

Here's a message I sent to Telnic support this evening following my first registration of a .Tel domain since the 13 March changes (dotted-nnnn used in this post for privacy):

Hello,

Having just registered DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL this evening (via Name.com) , got the PIN Number, entered it in, there is nothing to indicate that this will automatically be added to my existing TelHosting at dottel-nnnn - obviously I am not going to create a new TelHosting account, complete with username & password, for each new .Tel that I register.

DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL hasn't been added to my TelHosting account dottel-nnnn yet (registered 30 minutes or so ago) - please can you confirm how long it will take - and perhaps add a bit of narrative to your confirmation web page or email to advise others of the timescale for newly registered .Tel domains to be added to existing Telnic TelHosting accounts.

Thanks, Mike Seaton.

I will post the response here from Telnic when I get it, to save others having to ask the same question.

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Ref: https://www.do.tel/signup
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account Empty Re: Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-16, 1:49 pm

Here's the response email I received from Telnic today 16 March at 15.02 UK time:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your email and for supporting the .tel community with your recent purchase of DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL

You have successfully completed the validation process associated with the addition of new .tel domains to your existing account. You will receive confirmation within the next 24 hours that DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL has been added to your new Telhosting account.

Thank you for your suggestion of adding a narrative to the process to better inform our customers of status and progress. We will pass your comments to our product team.

Kind Regards,

Telnic Support

I've just checked my existing TelHosting account and DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL is not there yet - I will update this thread when it arrives so that we all have an idea of how long it takes for Telnic to add a newly registered .Tel domain to an already existing TelHosting account.

This really should be a fully automated quick process - not one requiring manual intervention !

hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account Empty Re: Adding newly registered .TEL to Existing TelHosting account

Post by hulltv 2017-03-16, 2:21 pm

I have a .tel at names.co.uk and been in touch with there support on how to use my .tel but little or no help from there support
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-16, 2:37 pm

hulltv wrote:I have a .tel at names.co.uk and been in touch with there support on how to use my .tel but little or no help from there support

@hulltv - Name.com are very good, maybe you need to consider transferring from your current Registrar if not happy with their service ?

I have used Name.com successfully for many years for a variety of domain extensions - here's their current price list https://www.name.com/pricing - you need to add VAT onto this as they have an EU Vat Reg No. even though based in Denver, USA.

hulltv
    hulltv

Post by hulltv 2017-03-16, 2:39 pm

not name.com....names.co.uk
    I have contact telnic for help with this..
    I tend to stick with name.com and dynadot...
    I just had the one at names.co.uk
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-16, 2:42 pm

hulltv wrote:not name.com....names.co.uk

@hulltv - I realise that - that's why I was recommending Name.com as an alternative Registrar if you are not happy with Names.co.uk - but you've updated your post now to say you're already using them !

hulltv
    hulltv

Post by hulltv 2017-03-16, 2:55 pm

wow sent a email to dot.tel and in few min got a replay and looks like they have sorted the problem 

yes ok Mike thanks....maybe we have a new .TEL in more ways I hope they join the forum
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-17, 9:22 am

Still waiting on Telnic support - here's my chase up email sent to them today 17 March at 13.16 UK time (dotted-nnnn used for privacy in quote below):

Hello,

It's over 35 Hours now since I registered DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL at Name.com and it still has not been put in my TelHosting account dottel-nnnn as requested.

Please could you give this your immediate attention.

This process really does need to be automated - I am planning on registering several more .Tels but can't continuously have the situation, nor can other potential .Tel registrants, whereby it's necessary to keep asking manually for each new .Tel registration to be added to your existing TelHosting account.

Please email me as soon as DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL has been added to my TelHosting account dottel-nnnn.

Thanks, Mike Seaton.

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-17, 10:03 am

The above email to Telnic Support seemed to do the trick - DISCOUNTGOLF.TEL is now in my existing TelHosting account 36 Hours after it was registered at Name.com - but this should be an automated process that completes a few seconds after domain registration - that's what computers and software logic are for !

Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-17, 5:21 pm

That's great to know some domains can be moved around.

Is it possible to get the username changed?
    Or if I buy a new domain at name.com, can I choose an easy to remember username? Obviously I'd choose the one I HAD BEFORE
    Then do the ridiculous thing of asking service as you did to move things to the one I just created

Geez
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-17, 6:22 pm

Boracay wrote:Or if I buy a new domain at name.com, can I choose an easy to remember username? Obviously I'd choose the one I HAD BEFORE
    Then do the ridiculous thing of asking service as you did to move things to the one I just created

Geez

@Boracay - I don't begin to understand the "do the ridiculous thing" comment you made above !

I assume you have not read, or not understood, this thread properly so will explain it again:

1. Telnic created for existing .Tel registrants a SINGLE TelHosting account (hosted by them, not the Registrar) prior to the 13 March live date containing ALL your .Tel domains conveniently accessed via a dropdown list. In my case this was 80 .Tel domains.

2. Telnic arbitrarily allocated a username (dottel-nnnn) to this all-encompassing TelHosting account. The username allocated is of no interest to me -  like most internet professionals I use a login manager which means I don't have to remember username/password combinations.

3. With 80 .Tel domains all conveniently held in my single TelHosting account I registered some new .Tel domains.

4. Obviously I wanted these new .Tel registrations to join the existing 80 .Tel domains in my single TelHosting account, so when it didn't happen automatically after the registration of DiscountGolf.tel I emailed Telnic Support to get this done (took 36 hours from registration to achieve).

5. Knowing that others may possibly face a similar problem of getting ALL their .Tel domains conveniently put together in a SINGLE TelHosting account I started this thread to help them.

I trust all is now clear - it doesn't get much more "sensible" than that - so more more snarky comments please !

hulltv
    hulltv

Post by hulltv 2017-03-17, 9:24 pm

thanks mike big help
    god.tel
    god.tel

.tel domain : faith.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 25

Post by god.tel 2017-03-17, 9:52 pm

I sold 2 .Tel domains today to another person, and did a push on Name.com and Dynadot into his accounts. Then he contacted Telnic Support to get the names to stop showing in my Telhosting Control Panel account, and into his Telhosting account.

Telnic Support emailed me within a few minutes to verify that I had indeed sold him the names, and asked me if it was alright to transfer them from my Telnic Control panel account to his, which I confirmed. They responded back within 30 minutes saying the change was done and it was. Then I did the same to confirm a new name that I had acquired from him was correctly put into my Telhosting Control Panel, and it was done right away.

So, here is my take on the experience I had with Telnic Support today: If you sell or buy an existing domain from someone, you need to push it ito the other person's at the Registrar. We did this with both Dynadot and Name.com today. Then I could change the Nameservers, update the domain registration info, etc. But both parties must then notify Telnic Support giving permission for them to transfer the domains from one Telhosting Control Panel to the other. The good news was that it was painless, and they seemed very polite and willing to help.

It would be nice that if a push between two people were done (change of ownership) that this Telhosting Control Panel switch would be done automatically. But for now, at least, it is still a manual process.

Just wanted to share my experience.
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-18, 4:55 am

Ok well I am not being intentionally rude to you mike.

My question is fair. It wasn't answered 
    Anyway, I'm not happy with the sent username 
    and I don't sit on a computer with those password tools

Can somebody answer? What happens when you buy a new .tel?
    What username is created?

Hmmm. I'll buy one at domainmonster and see what happens
    $8.69
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-18, 6:16 am

Crazy stuff. A bunch of really great .tels I let drop last year are showing as not owned in telnic Whois.
    Yet, I cannot register them at either name or domainmonster

Are telnic holding back dropped names??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-28, 8:37 am