The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
    Warning level : 100 %

Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup. Empty Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup.

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-16, 7:50 am

As people do still like to write regular letters to not just businesses (perhaps a complaint letter, or appreciation letter) and or friends and random people it would be nice if telnames could partner with the post office and like with bar coded letters where it seems to contain all the information the processing machines at the sorting office need usually with regards to payment information for bulk business returns, QR codes could work just as well?

By this I imagine someone would click on a .tel to view the qr code and it would generate a pdf letter template, so the address box that would usually be shown through a regular letter window, would instead be a QR code that points the machine sorting the letter to do a DNS lookup on the address stored in a .tel.

Should the letter go missing and be stuck somewhere at random for a period of time lets say 3 months to a year as post does go missing, when found it would usually be either returned to the sender or sent on-wards to the regular address printed in text, or it would sit in the unclaimed post box at some post office and never be heard of again until it I would guess gets recycled.

Having a QR code allows the machine to get an updated address and have the letter re-sent rather than the above issues that can be caused by being reliant on static text addresses.

Or say should a letter be received by someone who has moved house the standard practice I believe is to pop it back in the post after writing on it not at this address, at this point a QR.tel coded sorting machine would re-read the QR code and get the new address rather than sending it back to the sender as entered manually by a handler, it would just send it on to the correct place/person.

In the case of a deceased person who no longer lives at that address, post/bills could be redirected to the estate 'executor' / lawyer as if telnames allowed control of their .tel by a legal process the name and address could be changed to redirect all post to them.

I'm sure this would save money and make the post system more efficient and have more knock on effects that I believe would only be a benefit to us all, in the case of business perhaps small mobile ones this could break them free from having to have a fixed address they just nominate where to collect post as and when they arrive, the same could be for backpackers who travel around and business men who could include some payment to telnames who part pass it on to the post office so that post could be redirected at any time to anywhere in the world as like with a barcode pre-paid system the QR code would let the post office know they've paid for it in advance.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup. Empty Re: Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup.

Post by kprobe 2012-09-16, 7:55 am

Now that's great thinking out of the box.
    Mark
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup. Empty Re: Post office Partnership, QR code snail mail DNS lookup.

Post by Telminator 2012-09-16, 7:58 am

Great idea.
    QR code is another example for a technology which was criticized as useless in the beginning, but it is finding its way to more and more users and nowadays it is displayed on TV shows, boats, cars and everywhere.
    Hopefully .tel will develop the same way.
    With regard to your suggestion that is a very logical advancement of the "single point of contact" concept.
    ekesewlie
    ekesewlie

Post by ekesewlie 2013-08-28, 10:09 pm

I agree with this very much. Three years ago, QR Code seemed so strange for people. But now you can see it everywhere, no matter in real life or on the Internet. As for me, I also use qr code. I use a barcode tool to create QR Code for my web. So users can go to my website directly by just reading the QR Code. QR Code has been employed in many other fields. It plays an increasing important role in our life now.
    micagordon
    micagordon

Post by micagordon 2015-04-26, 10:54 pm

Good work. Actually I plan to use qr code in my work, and now I'm testing the qr code creator on .net project. In many places I can see qr code, so you can image qr code are used widely now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 12:27 am