The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
Tim Spears
TelFan
6 posters

This app I want to have for .tel domains

TelFan
    TelFan

Warning level : 100 %

This app I want to have for .tel domains Empty This app I want to have for .tel domains

Post by TelFan 2012-11-23, 2:14 am

http://icaller-app.com

@ Telnic:
    Why we don't have this yet?
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

This app I want to have for .tel domains Empty Re: This app I want to have for .tel domains

Post by Tim Spears 2013-01-11, 9:35 pm

I would expect the Superbook from Telnic to look like this: http://www.mylife.com/mobile.pubview
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

This app I want to have for .tel domains Empty Re: This app I want to have for .tel domains

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-12, 12:02 pm

This is the app I want for telsites I would like the standard tel app to allow features/content to be called up by the domain owner by setting simple settings in the control panel such as yes/no, urls, disclaimer links, app links, flash links to games, donation links etc just like when making a facebook app the settings allow such things so should we be allowed to pre-set and place those in the DNS to be read only by browsing apps, so I would like my telsite/domain to use the DNS to store settings to invoke existing base content in the telnic/telnames apps as someone browses it but also telnic/telnames creating an enhanced tel browser like a mobile opera but a mobile tel browser thats not just folder/swipe based but a hybrid of both.
    When someone goes to my telsite the large image box becomes a pre-view image like youtube has preview images for videos and it gets a partially see through overlay like youtube has a play button, the large image is smaller to fit on mobiles but if you don't have the app installed it shows as a partially see through request button to install the telapp unless it detects your on a regular pc it does nothing as well as if it can't detect pc or mobile it does nothing other than show the image or the image with an overlay of our choosing to advertise browsing our site though the app.
    Aka visit via mobile app for more features!, though if you do have the app installed the mobile browser is default set to telbrowser and through this it shows the above stated content, the feature box (app view) which takes "info" aka instructions stored in the proxy about what it will do and what it will display, on mine it might use the content all ready packed in the app to display as a micro store where as on someone elses it might do something else like allow donations or to embed a game or as you said above integrate dial by URL with the handset if my domain is set to allow it, then when the app looks it up in the domain it will say (yes/no) as I should be able to choose weather I want that active today or not, some businesses might not want it due to being inundated in the future with complaint calls so they can stem the flow a bit by requiring click to call and then on normal days with low call traffic to turn on call by url.
    What I'm really saying is that because tel is supposed to be a simple quick thing, and because what we basically want is specific extras that do not fit in the proxy design of being quick to load it would be better to give us the option to manipulate what shows in the app in a feature box that melds with the large image, and like with http://store.steampowered.com where the client is a simple means to an end, aka the client they have allows you to buy games and download them to your pc and some of those games run on the same engine files http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_(game_engine) or incorporate them into their games, though I'm not asking for them to make a game engine I'm asking for them to make a pre-app engine that displays the content we choose and allows us to upload like with restoring settings via an XML file that will do more advanced things via the app as it browses and reads our domains, and while doing that building in DNS settings for apps to read and display where content should be like with augmented reality that displays fake content over the real world but appmented reality that displays content based on our settings in the DNS or XML file that does what we want as someone browses and so that we can focus on getting as many people to install the base app as possible and not have to request or think about adding more into the proxy as we can focus on making the app the default engine to our extended feature/presentation needs.
    So the app is a means to an end, it helps with browsing the content stored in the tel domains and keeps you updated with new content but when I visit a telsite it should also allow the owner of the tel to invoke baseline content in the app and to turn on and off specific features, so that rather than us keep asking for more and more things to be displayed in the proxy the app does the bulk of work and all we have to do is make sure everyone installs it.
    I want a appmented reality for teldomains, what do you want?
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-01-14, 10:14 pm

A simple update to the my.tel app would be appropriate at this time.

nobody has shown any support to even my most basic request to have the logo/icon supported in the my.tel app

Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-15, 3:52 am

Boracay wrote:A simple update to the my.tel app would be appropriate at this time.

nobody has shown any support to even my most basic request to have the logo/icon supported in the my.tel app

Sorry, but making customer requests is useless as long all of them get answered in the same way:
    Aled from Telnic wrote:I don't have any information currently regarding future updates to the app.
    ntervu
    ntervu
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by ntervu 2013-01-15, 4:49 am

I do not think that it is fair to conclude that Requests or the activities of others is "Useless".

Like us, the Tel teams have a lot on their plate to coordinate and handle. We only have to deal with and address our "Own" initiatives.

At what point do we stop criticizing and begin to find independent momentum to support the initiative? Not everything is going to work in our favor when we continue to want more and more versus having contingencies in place if plan does not work.

Let's find the synergy amongst ourselves. Many smart people in these discussions should be able to share workarounds and contingencies.

Regards

Dan Prather
    www.danprather.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-28, 11:09 am