The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true)

.tel
    .tel

Warning level : 100 %

Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true) Empty Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true)

Post by .tel 2013-01-07, 11:54 am

Maybe we
    should think in a different direction to let the .tel domain dialing dream become
    true.
    I guess is
    much easier to convince start-ups to integrated and support .tel domain dialing
    compare to long-established phone manufacturer.

I just read
    a CES [Unveiled ] blog entry today.

The company
    UrbanHello is trying to collect some money over kickstarter .com to develop a
    new DECT phone (with CAT-iq support means internet access and therefore DNS queries could
    be supported)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1504990231/the-home-phone?ref=live
    http://www.urbanhello.com/en/content/6-the-home-phone

Does
    anybody plan to visit the CES 2013 this week? Maybe other phone start-up manufacturers
    present their new phones as well. Maybe you can try to get into a conversation. Just
    to get an common impression if there are maybe interested to support .tel domain dailing. ( I’m sure Telnic
    won’t try it)

Just
    another idea…
    .tel
    Toptel
    Toptel

Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true) Empty Re: Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true)

Post by Toptel 2013-01-07, 12:57 pm

Superb idea.
    The problem is Telnic cut all their budgets, thus they won't send anybody to http://cesweb.org in Las Vegas.
    And I doubt anybody else will muster the motivation to take over their responsibilities.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true) Empty Re: Just another idea (to let .tel domain dialing become true)

Post by mikeseaton 2013-01-07, 1:36 pm

For a company that wanted to change the way the world communicates, a presence at Las Vegas C.E.S. is so obvious - yet AFAIK Telnic/Telnames have no intention of attending, even though they have millions left from the initial funding of $35,000,000 and can obviously afford to be there.

This lends credence to my recent posts that Phase 2 of the .tel project (Dial/Email/Skype/Etc by Name) appears no longer to be their priority !

Instead Telnic/Telnames (as we all know they are the same organisation) seem hell-bent on trying to enter the Instant Mobile Site Builder market.

Nothing wrong with that in principle - but you don't need $35,000,000 funding to do this !

It's something Mark or TELcp could easily develop, and with the help of 100,000+ affiliates from http://www.CJ.com and http://www.TradeDoubler.com (and maybe Telnic amd TelTalk forum members), make much the same impact in the 9 months that Telnames has achieved i.e. under 5K users.

And please no comments like "but with .tel the data is in the DNS" - Telnames customers simply don't care about this !

So in summary, Telnames Instant Mobile Site Builder is good, but it's a huge waste of $35,000,000 funding and several years of .tel design and development, and of course there are plenty of established free or low-cost competitors around !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-07, 2:06 pm

Can't teltalk collect donations so he can attend those on our behalf and tweet/blog/instagram about it during and after? I believe hes in the US? if he gets enough he could probably stretch to a custom teltalk embroidered t-shirt/shirt like telnames has.
    All-hail emissary teltalk. (note: serious about the above part).
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-07, 4:08 pm

mikeseaton wrote:It's something Mark or TELcp could easily develop, and with the help of 100,000+ affiliates from http://www.CJ.com and http://www.TradeDoubler.com (and maybe Telnic amd TelTalk forum members), make much the same impact in the 9 months that Telnames has achieved i.e. under 5K users.
    You're so right!
    Telnames could have been developed without using the DNS and with very little money in a few weeks only.
    Without the restrictions of the DNS it would be even much better and flexible.
    The 35,000,000 certainly are intended to serve a different purpose for applications that would create a big number of innovations using the DNS.
    Unfortunately these innovations exist only on paper so far.
    Telnic has decided to leave this direction and concentrates on webhosting with limited options fighting against hundreds of competitors instead.
    During the last 9 months Telnames should have learned how tedious (and not very promising) such a fight will be.
    I would be happy if Telnic would just forget about Telnames and would spend all the energy on establishing collaborations with phone companies instead.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-07, 4:23 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:Can't teltalk collect donations so he can attend those on our behalf and tweet/blog/instagram about it during and after? I believe hes in the US? if he gets enough he could probably stretch to a custom teltalk embroidered t-shirt/shirt like telnames has.
    Every forum member could visit the C.E.S. and make promotion for Telnic.
    This can be done at every expo or even directly at any company potentially interested in Telnic's technology.
    But taking a look at forum members I guess 90 % are domainers who like spending their money on buying domains and developing them, but not on the activities Telnic has given up in 2010.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-19, 11:50 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-29, 3:47 am