The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
Bunjie
.tel
6 posters

"instant dialing” a .tel domain name app

.tel
    .tel

Warning level : 100 %

"instant dialing” a .tel domain name app Empty "instant dialing” a .tel domain name app

Post by .tel 2012-06-02, 12:53 pm

Yesterday, I met an former colleague, he works for a local radio station.
    He remembered that I had told him a while ago about .tel.
    He asked specifically about the possibility to dial a domain name.
    So that the radio listener could dial a domain name or the “well-known” dial string.
    The idea : The radio presenter would publish i.e. the call us info under : +1 800 xxxxx or localradio.tel
    I know Siter http://www.siter.com.br/ offer such requested feature. Not as an instant dialing,
    because I guess the user need to choose first one of the listed phone numbers before he can do a call.
    And the radio listener need to download the siter app first. The only program (I know) that supports instant dialing
    is www.phonerlite.de. Here you can enter the .tel domain name and press the dial button.
    However this phonerlite program isn’t available as an app for smart phones.

So my question does Telnic offer such “instant dialing” app? Just enter the .tel domain name and press the .tel button?
    i.e. enter “localradio” and press {.tel] button. If so where can he find such app (iPhone App Store, Black Berry App World or
    Android Market)? His message was clear : The app should be very simple just do a instant dialing for a given .tel domain name.
    The user (radio listener) should not be confused with other gimmicks. (no sub domain dialing, etc.)
    Maybe later if such method is accepted from the radio listener the app could be extended.

Thanks
    .tel
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

"instant dialing” a .tel domain name app Empty Re: "instant dialing” a .tel domain name app

Post by Bunjie 2012-06-02, 4:27 pm

Can't siri do it? as we're beyond call a .tel or website specifically as related to having a separate app, as when it came out it rendered dial a .tel apps useless.
    Radio station: 'call us now via siri fanlive365.tel

Person: 'siri call localradio station fanlive365' or 'siri call localradio station fanlive365 dot tel'
    siri either looks for it's .tel based on your geo location and the station name, finds the number, then calls it for you? or goes direct and looks at the dns data on the page, problem solved and theres no need for separate apps as everyone can do it if they have an iphone or new smartphone that has a siri clone, just a few modifications to the .tel to make it more attractive to apples siri would resolve everything.

So yea most wont be using apps, most will be using siri and it's counter part the siri that other phone manufacture cloned...
    The best thing that can be done is for telnic to put in a siri tag or marker on the .tel of the phone number or make the .tel domain more attractive to a siri search by actually getting a siri iphone and testing all the combinations on a test domain with test data and a test number that's been in google or whatever for a month.

And that's what telnames and telnic should be advertising that it's siri compatible, meaning you can't dial a .com because siri is not going to search a massive website, if it searches a .tel it's sooo fast and making people wait = lost sales thus adverting that .tel is siri voice to data/dial compatible is what businesses need.

Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

"instant dialing” a .tel domain name app Empty Re: "instant dialing” a .tel domain name app

Post by Bunjie 2012-06-02, 5:40 pm

The best way to look at a .tel is that it's a hybrid of 'the three bears' of being found aka 'it's just right' (with a few more upgrades and tweaks to the proxy it should be on everyones need list), but it exists upfront, behind and in between to link across your brands marketing network, that's depending on how you promote it and how you develop it into your brand network.

"instant dialing” a .tel domain name app Imagem10

Full websites are heavy and clumsy even with having their own mobile version, and theres always a chance of less than 99% uptime which means lost phone calls as people can't get the number to call you if your website is down they might give up finding it and go to a competitor, if you're in a yellow pages or a regular phone book that's one solution but it's going to be all siri so being siri compatible to be able to hand it that data as fast as possible so they don't quit the search is what a business should want.

I believe it's like 3-5 seconds that people are willing to wait or something like that, if it's not instant your not going to get their business so to shun .tel as being 'not good enough' to keep is highly negligent of even small businesses and big brands that don't yet know of .tel or do and don't support it.

Siri is not open source as far as I know but that does not stop us testing and telnic making modifications to the .tel proxy to make it more attractive to the current vocal search algorithm.

.mobi will likely die out eventually as why would anyone need it? I have a phone that's capable of web browsing but I never ever go to a .mobi unless I've been forced to by a website that redirects mobile traffic to a .mobi server and I've not noticed, most use a cut down theme on their own .com and no one should be investing in just a mobile website because they need a hybrid, the same goes for just investing in a app because it's currently popular as eventually apple and other manufactures will dev something that makes your app redundant.

AKA siri vs dial a .tel...
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-06-03, 1:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, .tel!
    .tel wrote:So my question does Telnic offer such “instant dialing” app?
    Very interesting thoughts!

The only existing app for this purpose from Telnic is Superbook: http://telnic.org/tools-iphone-superbook.html.

Mainly it's working as address book for .tel domains, but if a .tel domain has only very few data on it, it could fulfill your idea, too!

Compared with the possibility of opening the .tel domain just in the internet browser of the cell phone (e. g. with Safari) and pressing the link for the intended phone number, installing an app seems to be not that comfortable.
    Therefore the breakthrough surely won't happen before .tel domains can't be dialed directly with the keypad of a cell phone (without opening browser or apps first).

That is the problem of Siter and other applications, too! (In addition even the handling of Siter for website owners isn't that complicated, to me it still doesn't seem easy enough for a widespread use. The control panel for .tel domains is much easier to handle than the implementation of Siter.)
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2012-06-04, 12:26 pm

Siter.com has a lot of valuable (and less valuable) domains which redirect to the main homepage.
    Examples:
    emaildialer.com
    dialsite.com
    domaincaller.com
    nonumbers.com
    phoneadomain.com
    phoneasite.com
    phonemy.com
    pizzaacme.com
    ringadomain.com
    ringasite.com
    ringdomains.com
    ringmy.com
    sitecaller.com
    sitephoner.com
    siterbot.com
    siteringer.com
    domaindialing.net
    dialbydomain.com
    dialingdomains.com
    emaildialing.com
    khecharividya.com
    myspacedialer.com
    namedialer.com
    namedialers.com
    namedialing.com
    smsdialing.com
    tantricsadhana.com
    textdialing.com
    twitterdialer.com
    urldialing.com
    dialmysite.com
    domainnamedialing.com
    websitedialer.com
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JH 2012-06-04, 12:42 pm

.tel wrote:The only program (I know) that supports instant dialing is www.phonerlite.de.
    Another service is http://voipgate.com.

Here you can book even a .TEL package for 12 €: "Sign up toady with Voipgate and get your .tel domain free for the first year!"
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-04, 12:53 pm

Bunjie wrote:Siri is not open source as far as I know but that does not stop us testing and telnic making modifications to the .tel proxy to make it more attractive to the current vocal search algorithm.
    Henri Asseily, Chief Strategist & CTO for Telnic, on 25th October 2011:
    Hello, I'm busy.
    And yes, obviously, "call/email/skype somebody.tel" is the ultimate SIRI application.
    As soon as Apple opens up SIRI to 3rd parties via APIs the first thing I'll do is make such an interface.

But Apple didn't open SIRI up yet.
    So I'm not going to waste my time talking about it until it's available.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-04, 1:52 pm

JH wrote:
    .tel wrote:The only program (I know) that supports instant dialing is www.phonerlite.de.
    Another service is http://voipgate.com.
    One more: .tel Outlook Plugin
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-06-07, 7:18 am

.tel wrote:I know Siter http://www.siter.com.br/ offer such requested feature. Not as an instant dialing,
    because I guess the user need to choose first one of the listed phone numbers before he can do a call.
    And the radio listener need to download the siter app first.
    Siter offers exactly the same solution for .com which Telnic offers for .tel.
    Now I have a question:
    Can I just use the DNS of a .com to store my contact data there (the same way Telnic does it with the extension .tel)?
    Then I wouldn't need a .tel domain at all; instead I just need only an application which provides the storage of contact data inside of the DNS of any TLD!
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-07, 7:40 am

Telminator wrote:Can I just use the DNS of a .com to store my contact data there (the same way Telnic does it with the extension .tel)?
    Then I wouldn't need a .tel domain at all; instead I just need only an application which provides the storage of contact data inside of the DNS of any TLD!
    Theoretical it would be possible, but such an application doesn't exist.

That is the big weakness of Siter: all contact data are stored on their servers!

This has several disadvantages:

• The reliability of the service depends on one company only: Siter!
    • Any security breach of Siter will affect all their customers.
    • The data privacy is not secured.
    • Users of Siter give their private data into the hands of one commercial company (the same way like they do with Facebook).
    • Potential attackers just need to focus on one target.

Instead with a .tel all contact data are stored inside of the owner’s domain.

If somebody wants to realize another advanced solution, he has to consider this:
    TelTalk wrote:But Telnic is already prepared for this vision:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 8:22 pm