The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
Tim Spears
Sunrise
6 posters

Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!!

Poll

What is the value of your Telname?

[ 0 ]
    Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Bar_left0%Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Bar_left0%Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Bar_left100%Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Empty Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!!

Post by Sunrise 2013-07-28, 4:38 pm

It’s important that you activate Google Analytics for your Telname to check the first criteria in the list above.
    IF YOU CHOOSE THE LAST ANSWER ABOVE, YOU SHOULD CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION FOR YOUR TELNAME IMMEDIATELY.
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Empty Re: Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!!

Post by Tim Spears 2013-07-28, 7:06 pm

The big question: What can Telnames do to improve?

o Better SEO: Long text + folders for Telnames
    o Creating a directory
    o Cooperation with an existing directory

Are more options available?
    ixida
    ixida

Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!! Empty Re: Important checklist for all owners of a Telname !!!

Post by ixida 2013-07-28, 8:16 pm

Sunrise wrote:IF YOU CHOOSE THE LAST ANSWER ABOVE
    After checking your list I’m wondering if anyone should keep a Telname. Does anybody own a Telname with traffic?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-07-28, 8:32 pm

ixida wrote:Does anybody own a Telname with traffic?
    I would be very surprised, because I don’t know how that should be possible.
    There is only one chance to get visitors:
    You have to own a good visited .com and redirect your mobile visitors to your Telname.
    But if you are a pro and you own a big .com website, I'm sure you know other methods to create a mobile website.
    Should you own no other website, you can get visitors for your Telname only by a very big coincidence. (But that's only in theory.)
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2013-07-29, 5:57 am

Sunrise wrote:
    ixida wrote:Does anybody own a Telname with traffic?
    ... Should you own no other website, you can get visitors for your Telname only by a very big coincidence. (But that's only in theory.)

That's quite funny, because someone on this forum or the Telnic forum already showed many page 1 ranked Telnames on Google, with traffic.  I wish I could find the post.  It was how I found the yellow search directory I used as a comparison to Telpages in a recent post.  Just Google yellow search and it is there plain as day.  There are many others that come up in the first 2 pages. ( But that's only in fact, not just theory )

Added:

The question you have asked should be for ALL .tel, and if you don't have the same success on page 1 of Google like the Telnames shown, you should drop ALL your .tel domains !

(Or you should be smart enough to realize that most .tel domains regardless of type need a REAL directory like Yellow Pages, Facebook, or Twitter to be ranked, found, and trafficked)

Last edited by GoTel on 2013-07-29, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-07-29, 7:01 am

I create hybrid sites for my customers using both a TelNames and a pro .tel. The brand is Bright Ideas and has TN site, while SEO is done via a pro. tel. So for instance, google search
    Custom Packaging Vaughan
    to get the google entry (#1), then inside that subdomain is a link to the branded site, along with what my customer offers.

GTA envelope stuffing is #3,4,5

Mark
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-07-29, 7:21 am

@GoTel

We have to differentiate between a .tel from Telnic and a .tel from Telnames.
    I doubt it's possible to reach good search results for a .tel from Telnames (if you don't own any other domain).
    And a .tel (from Telnames) doesn't appear in any directory yet (as alternative to search engines).
    (Of course, I don't consider Telpages as a directory!)

@kprobe

That are good quality keywords and very good search results.
    But does this mean it's required to buy a .tel from Telnic always in addition to a .tel from Telnames?
    If that is the case, why I need the .tel from Telnames then?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-07-29, 7:33 am

Is "Joe Public" going to be aware that he can buy a .tel from both Telnic & Telnames to achieve a combined SEO focus ?

If so, will he do so ?

If he does, does he have a forum member's level of expertise to work out how to structure the content in a SEO-optimised fashion between the 2 types of .tel ?

.TEL IS MEANT TO BE A SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON WHO IS NOT AN INTERNET EXPERT !

SO ALL TALK OF ADVANCED TECHNIQUES IS IRRELEVANT IF .TEL IS TO REACH IT'S TARGET MARKET OF THE MAN/WOMAN IN THE STREET AND MOVE ON TO ATTAIN THE ESSENTIAL "CRITICAL MASS" !

UNLESS "CRITICAL MASS" IS REACHED, I DOUBT ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY OR TELCO WILL ALLOCATE THE TIME & MONEY TO EXPLOIT THE "DATA IN THE DNS" CONCEPT SO ESSENTIAL TO .TEL'S LONG TERM SUCCESS !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2013-07-29, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-07-29, 7:43 am

mikeseaton wrote:If he does, does he have a forum member's level of expertise to work out how to structure the content in a SEO-optimised fashion between the 2 types of .tels ?
    This is a more realistic scenario:
    A small business who never owned a website sees the Telnames advertisement and thinks it would be great to reach out for mobile customers.
    One year later the small business checks with Google Analytics how many visitors it got.
    After nobody else than the business owner visited the Telname, the domain will be dropped.
    This can change only if Telnames puts the Telname somewhere to be noticed (= a directory).
    As usual it's up to Telnic.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-07-29, 7:54 am

Sunrise wrote:This can change only if Telnames puts the Telname somewhere to be noticed (= a directory).
    As usual it's up to Telnic.
    @Sunrise - I agree - the problem is though:

mikeseaton wrote:@GoTel - I think the main problem is that Telnic think they have already built a Tel Global Directory !
    If Telnic finally realise that they do NOT have a Global Directory already in place, there is a basic requirements spec for them to use as a starting point at http://www.teltalk.org/t1286-tel-global-directory-to-be-launched-by-3rd-party#7692

Perhaps Telnic should stop treating the internet as a 5-day a week operation - it isn't - and introduce a dynamic 7-day a week environment until the GLOBAL DIRECTORY is built and CRITICAL MASS is achieved ?

Then SELL OUT to one of the BIG BOYS for more than the $35,000,000 given to them by their shareholder investors !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-07-29, 9:23 am

This week, I will start listing all active TelNames with coupons on the map in the same manner as www.AuroraDeals.ca. So in essence there will be a directory for TN owners. If others can start linking to this directory, then we can do some grassroots efforts to provide SEO for TN owners and awareness. Who's interested in being progressive and pro-active?
    Mark
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-07-29, 10:01 am

@kprobe

If your directory will get noticed by the masses, it would change everything for Telnames.
    BTW that's the most important (and most difficult) part:
    We don't need promotion for Telnames; we need promotion for a Telnames directory.
    If a Telnames directory is well-known, businesses want to get on it - and will register a Telname.

I assume you accept also links from websites different than .tel!
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-06-20, 8:15 am

Sunrise wrote:@kprobe

If your directory will get noticed by the masses, it would change everything for Telnames.
    BTW that's the most important (and most difficult) part:
    We don't need promotion for Telnames; we need promotion for a Telnames directory.
    If a Telnames directory is well-known, businesses want to get on it - and will register a Telname.

I assume you accept also links from websites different than .tel!

Unfortunately you just can't anyone that counts to understand this simple concept, except the registrants.

When Telnic promoted the Directory in the beginning, they had mass interest and registrations, even fighting and paying premium prices for .tel domains.

After they saw the joke that Telpages was, and is, they dropped their registrations, and today, you can register thousands of premium .tel domain names at the lowest price because there is simply no reason to care.

.COM would not be where it is today if it were not for Search Engines.

ANYONE could have registered premium .COM domains for next to nothing in the '90's, but THANKS TO SEARCH ENGINE DIRECTORIES you can rarely find a .COM for a low price today.

WHY? Because although anyone could have had a .com, a free website, and the ability to promote their website themselves, ALMOST NO ONE CARED UNLESS THERE WAS A COMMUNITY FOR THE WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE ADDRESSES, THAT IS, A .COM DIRECTORY.

Duh.

Until Telnames (the good .tel page) has an exclusive, GREAT Search Engine Directory, there is no point and no REAL interest - get a clue, still, duh.

Glad to see that Sunrise is among the intelligent ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 10:57 am