The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+7
lostwithiel
Toptel
GoTel
TelBlogger
Tim Spears
mikeseaton
11 posters

New gTLD Registration Stats now available...

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

New gTLD Registration Stats now available... Empty New gTLD Registration Stats now available...

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-05, 12:09 pm

... at http://registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

These stats may reflect the stages before General Availability but interesting all the same to see which new gTLDs have most appeal - .GURU leads new regs today !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

New gTLD Registration Stats now available... Empty Re: New gTLD Registration Stats now available...

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-05, 5:14 pm

Donuts - who have secured several of the new gTLDs seem to be going places - here's a list of the Donuts Registrars

Donuts themselves use a .CO Registration (standing for Company or Corporation) for their own site - I run a few sites using these myself and have found that Google treats them equally with .COMs as far as search engine positioning is concerned.

Interesting times lie ahead - it's beginning to look like .Tel will have great difficulty rising above the "noise" being generated by the new gTLDs.

Telnic were warned a couple of years back by myself (before being banned by them) and others on their forum that "Time Is Of The Essence" and it was essential they got .Tel properly marketed to "Joe Public" before the new gTLDs started making headline news - as usual we were just ignored !

Today I was working at home, my window cleaner called and when I went to pay him, he asked me about the new domain extensions being launched that he'd heard about on the radio.

The new gTLDs are capturing the public's imagination in the way that .Tel never did - but despite recent huge registration drops Telnic still refuse to change strategy or admit that there is a problem - probably too late anyway now for Telnic to turn things around - but could Afilias given the chance ?

More to the point - would they want to - we'll never know unless Kash asks them if they want to buy the .tel project ?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

New gTLD Registration Stats now available... Empty Re: New gTLD Registration Stats now available...

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-06, 9:01 am

WOW !

9,516 .GURU registrations in one day yesterday - see http://registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

Post by 4444 2014-02-06, 3:04 pm

Surprising at first sight; but "guru" can be used for self-marketing very well. The head start of .guru over other nTLDs shows how important the branding ability of a domain extension for its success is.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-06, 6:17 pm

4444 wrote:Surprising at first sight; but "guru" can be used for self-marketing very well. The head start of .guru over other nTLDs shows how important the branding ability of a domain extension for its success is.

Business opportunities relating to contactability don't come much better than .Telephone, used and understood by billions worldwide !

So why the **** is the .Tel project in such a mess Telnic/Telnames ?

Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2014-02-06, 6:44 pm

mikeseaton wrote:So why the **** is the .Tel project in such a mess Telnic/Telnames ?

Because 147,940 customers aren't able to do anything with their .tel.

(Today; but this number is falling every day.)
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2014-02-06, 7:37 pm

Tim Spears wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:So why the **** is the .Tel project in such a mess Telnic/Telnames ?

Because 147,940 customers aren't able to do anything with their .tel.

(Today; but this number is falling every day.)
    Actually far fewer customers than that because lots of people (including yours truly) own multiple .tels. This next round of drops - the five year anniversary - will be interesting.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-02-06, 7:46 pm

mikeseaton wrote:WOW !

9,516 .GURU registrations in one day yesterday - see http://registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

Yes, .guru is certainly off to a fantastic start, and leading them all so far (new gTLDs)!

Definitely a great personal marketing statement.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-06, 7:52 pm

Here's a couple of GURUS that could really help .tel get noticed  in the marketplace - I've repeatedly suggested Kash gives them a call - but nothing happens !

GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-02-08, 5:07 am

mikeseaton wrote:Here's a couple of GURUS that could really help .tel get noticed  in the marketplace - I've repeatedly suggested Kash gives them a call - but nothing happens !

Telnic / Telnames doesn't need any help whatsoever.

If you ask them, they are geniuses and couldn't do any better than they already are.

They're so busy patting themselves on the back and thinking how great they are, they probably don't even know they ████.

Last edited by Tel Forum on 2014-02-08, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deletion of provocative wording)
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2014-02-08, 8:00 am

GoTel wrote:Telnic / Telnames doesn't need any help whatsoever.

If you ask them, they are geniuses and couldn't do any better than they already are.

It's not the fault of Tenic that nobody else can see how great their smartness is.
    You've to consider that people outside Telnic can't show the same judgment.
    Telnic live in their own world. There is no place for customers without the same skills.

Post by 4444 2014-02-08, 8:08 am

Toptel wrote:Telnic live in their own world. There is no place for customers without the same skills.

I'm not convinced that Telnic's strategy to scare away in masses all customers that Telnic don't like is the best strategy of all. But perhaps they have some other, unknown pools to earn money nobody knows about.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-08, 9:41 am

GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-02-08, 10:23 am

Amazing numbers for .guru is right, I will be watching daily.

http://registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=GURU

Registrations have gone viral vs. the other new gtlds.
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2014-02-09, 5:33 am

New gTLD Registration Stats now available... Screen13
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-13, 8:00 am

.PHOTOGRAPHY achieves in 1 day (yesterday) what Telnames .TEL domains have taken a lifetime to achieve - 9.977 registrations !

Kinda puts what remains of the .tel project into perpspective !

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2014-02-13, 10:16 am

Tim Spears wrote:New gTLD Registration Stats now available... Screen13

Why is that good news?
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2014-02-13, 3:01 pm

TelBlogger wrote:Why is that good news?

I don't know; I only found it on the GoDaddy website. We have to address the question to them.
    lostwithiel
    lostwithiel

Post by lostwithiel 2014-02-14, 12:34 pm

An interesting article in tonight's London Evening Standard.

Partial quote :

More than 200,000 small businesses are planning to claim new "dot London" domain names when they become available on April 29, it was claimed today.

About one in four firms surveyed said they were likely to register a web address ending with .london.

Almost half said they would be doing it because they were “proud to be a London-based business”, while 41 per cent said it was because it would help customers find them more easily.

Major brands such as Selfridges have already said they would buy one of the new addresses but there had been less certainty about the level of enthusiasm among smaller companies.

Read the full article at http://bit.do/dot_london

Regards

Keith
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-02-15, 3:18 pm

GoTel wrote:Amazing numbers for .guru is right, I will be watching daily.

http://registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=GURU

Registrations have gone viral vs. the other new gtlds.

30,000 mark broken, .photography making a run at it.

This will be interesting to watch unfold over the next few years!

Maybe someone can start a poll as to which new gtld will pass .tel first ?!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-02-15, 6:08 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Interesting times lie ahead - it's beginning to look like .Tel will have great difficulty rising above the "noise" being generated by the new gTLDs.

Telnic were warned a couple of years back by myself (before being banned by them) and others on their forum that "Time Is Of The Essence" and it was essential they got .Tel properly marketed to "Joe Public" before the new gTLDs started making headline news - as usual we were just ignored !

Today I was working at home, my window cleaner called and when I went to pay him, he asked me about the new domain extensions being launched that he'd heard about on the radio.

The new gTLDs are capturing the public's imagination in the way that .Tel never did - but despite recent huge registration drops Telnic still refuse to change strategy or admit that there is a problem - probably too late anyway now for Telnic to turn things around - but could Afilias given the chance ?

More to the point - would they want to - we'll never know unless Kash asks them if they want to buy the .tel project ?

If I had invested $35,000,000 in a company that refused to recognise busines reality and after 15 years was still making a loss (funded by my money) I'd be pretty upset and critical - so why are Telnic's Shareholders so quiet ?

Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2014-02-16, 5:07 am

mikeseaton wrote:... so why are Telnic's Shareholders so quiet ?

My guess is that Telnic tells the shareholders that the damaged situation isn't their fault; and the shareholders are to inexperienced to see the truth!
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2014-02-16, 10:11 am

They haven't made a loss the patents are worth more than $35mill
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2014-02-16, 10:48 am

mikeseaton wrote:If I had invested $35,000,000 in a company that refused to recognise busines reality and after 15 years was still making a loss (funded by my money) I'd be pretty upset and critical - so why are Telnic's Shareholders so quiet ?
    Could it be that inside of shareholders a group with 51% of shares had formed and they have their own interests, different from interests of other shareholders?

http://www.teltalk.org/t452p16-the-investors-behind-telnic-35m#9626
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2014-02-16, 11:27 am

fustachio.tel wrote:... the patents are worth more than $35mill

Patents have only value if they are used or have the outlook to be used.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:48 pm