The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Powered by Tel Logo Seems To Link To Telnic's Own Website!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Powered by Tel Logo Seems To Link To Telnic's Own Website! Empty Powered by Tel Logo Seems To Link To Telnic's Own Website!

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:34 pm

teltheworld06-07-2010 06:26 PM

Powered by Tel Logo Seems To Link To Telnic's Own Website!

Having just updated one of my .Tels which I have not done for some time, I just happened to Click on 'The Powered By Tel' Logo which took me straight to Telnics own Website!

Is there any way of turning this OFF? as I don't remember giving permission to include what appears to be a FREE Link!

dialaroom06-07-2010 06:34 PM

You can turn off the link in settings, in control panel.:)

teltheworld06-07-2010 07:07 PM

Hi Dialaroom, Thank you for that I just wish I could remove it altogether! it just looks so unsightly stuck their where it is!

Bunjie06-07-2010 07:28 PM

I wished they would allow it to contain an affiliate link of some sort, so we can get some money back when it refers and helps sales. I wish for too much

dialaroom06-07-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 9279)
    Hi Dialaroom, Thank you for that I just wish I could remove it altogether! it just looks so unsightly stuck their where it is!

[size]
    I know what you mean and it does seem a bit redundant and pointless if the link is turned off.[/size]

teltheworld06-07-2010 09:03 PM

Hi Dialaroom & Bunjie I am just starting to wonder why its suddenly down to me! 
    to turn it off, since I didn't put it on there in the first place!

teltheworld06-07-2010 09:10 PM

Hi Bunjie Regardless of whether its On or Off, I'm not very happy it's there.

dottel06-08-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 9286)
    Hi Dialaroom & Bunjie I am just starting to wonder why its suddenly down to me! 
    to turn it off, since I didn't put it on there in the first place!

[size]
    Yep it should be OFF by default otherwise it's a silly additional task to go thru all the sites one owns[/size]

nadya06-08-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 9299)
    Yep it should be OFF by default otherwise it's a silly additional task to go thru all the sites one owns

[size]
    Hi, and thanks for your feedback. If you have a large portfolio of domain names, you can run a script to disable the link and configure your search and other options in one go. TelMasters also offers a bulk update interface just for these options and design configurations.[/size]

dottel06-08-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 9301)
    Hi, and thanks for your feedback. If you have a large portfolio of domain names, you can run a script to disable the link and configure your search and other options in one go. TelMasters also offers a bulk update interface just for these options and design configurations.

[size]
    Hi thanks for the quick reply and I accept the possibility of running a script or using a third party service but why not we just have the link OFF by default rather than going through all the hassle?

If I am not wrong, many companies ask whether to enable a particular option rather than making it ON by default. hope this is taken in to consideration and set the link OFF by default.

thanks in advance[/size]

teltheworld06-08-2010 11:45 AM

If I remember correctly? I bought the majority of my .Tels with the 'Original Template' that did not have this Link or Logo on and in the event that this may be so, do not feel that it is down to me to disable it.

I also do not remember anyone asking permission if they could put what appears to me to be some kind of FREE Advert on my .Tels if it were not on the 'Original Template' at the time of purchase.

I know nothing about running scripts or third party applications and don't have time to do it anyway.

Even if it were disabled, I think I would be correct in saying the Logo would still be there and IMHO only spoils the look of my page by drawing the eye from the content.

If such a Link were not on my .Tels at the time of purchase, I don't see why it should be on there now?

And it certainly isn't up to me to disable it, so how about Telnic running a Script at their end to remove this Link together with the Logo.

nadya06-08-2010 01:22 PM

Teltheworld,

We appreciate your feedback and will consider your suggestion. As I've already said, if you are unhappy with this functionality, you can disable it and there are tools and means out there for you to do so. 

Meanwhile, I'd like to share a different point of view. The .tel logo is there for educational purposes, to clearly identify a .tel page and not a website, and it has been there from the very start. The logo is now also linked to a central information hub dedicated to .tel technology, that explains and promotes .tel. Getting more .tel owners to Tell the World and raise awareness is beneficial for the whole .tel community as the technology becomes more widely used and accepted. If the link was off by default, Job Plumber and thousands of people around the world won't turn it on because they won't need to go to Settings, and will miss an opportunity to share the .tel idea with their friends and colleagues. The more people know about the .tel, the better it is for the .tel community.

dottel06-08-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 9308)
    Teltheworld,

you can disable it and there are tools and means out there for you to do so. 

[size]
    can it be done via CTH panel?[/size]

nadya06-08-2010 03:25 PM

Dottel, 
    Yes, you can disable it via the Control Panel. Go to Settings > Customize .tel page where you can configure your search, the Manage link and the www.telnic.org link.

teltheworld06-08-2010 07:05 PM

Hi nadya Please correct me if I am wrong but from what I can remember the 'Original Template' had the purple logo, like the one that you are using next to your name.

I cannot recall a single person having a problem with that, as it identified the product as a .Tel Page and as such could not be considered to be an advert and actually looked very nice where it was positioned.

The new incantation 'Which is switched ON by default' does exactly what you say and spreads the word to all who Click on it.

While this may be good for promoting your product, for those who would like to sell some of their .Tels it could have the disadvantage of introducing yourselves as a direct competitor for that Sale.

By maybe being able to offer a very similar name to the one they were thinking of buying at maybe a more competitive price.

As far as I am aware I purchased a 'White Label' product that did not contain any links, so in fairness to all I would like to make a suggestion.

How about putting an 'After Market' search Box on 'Your Site' next to the one where potential purchasers make a search for names they are looking to buy.

I know there is already a search box on the .Tels (don't know if that is on by default?) but an 'Aftermarket' one on Site could be quite well received?

Blunderer06-08-2010 08:51 PM

Who's aftermarket? Please explain further.

I am working on directories and consider that if we do not share the promotion of .tel in general, telpages and, most importantly, mobile capability, we are devaluing our asset. 

If my customer has their own .tel then they control the content of their listing in my directory, which enhances customer experience. I save time also because I do not need to worry about maintaining their contact details, only the keywords supporting their listing and, of course, those supporting the directory itself.

I don't see a threat in the Telnic link. If people cant see the merit of my directory then I have got it wrong.

teltheworld06-08-2010 09:38 PM

Hi Blunderer

In this context my use of the word 'Aftermarket' refers to those who have purchased .Tels, with the intention of reselling them at some stage, rather than directory builders who have their own Clientele.

There is nothing I can think of that would prevent anyone from putting a Link to Telnic on one of their .Tels, the difference being that it would be up to the individual .Tel owner to decide, rather than to have to opt out of something that maybe they never wanted.

I don't like adverts of any kind anywhere near my .Tels as I find them distracting.

Shahid06-08-2010 10:55 PM

Hello, 

this seems more confusing then actually being solved as an issue.

Teltheworld, incase your distracted by adverts ( Registrar should have a way to disable all the links at once then doing it manually )

Talking about removing .tel completely from .tel is killing the purpose of .tel if you wish to sell your .tel at some point a person should know what he/she is buying not sure if many have sold .tel domains for mid $ XXX ( real sale then fake bids on Sedo out of which many never went through ) i have so i know what people are looking for its good to carry your self with Telnic then go solo and lose in the long run, i am sure at some point Telnic will remove or improve the .tel logo or redirection that way it does not distract.

Be a leader by populating your .tel if some are not even for sale and redirect them to your domains which are for sale

Blunderer06-08-2010 11:29 PM

Hi teltheworld,

I thought that was what you meant but I can't understand who the redirect would be to. Do you mean an owner should have the facility to set-up a redirect behind the .tel logo to their own reselling site or, to a Telnic run auction/market?

dottel06-09-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 9327)
    I don't see a threat in the Telnic link.

[size]
    it's a personal choice some don't care some do.
    Personally I don't want to have any links/logos on my site/domain without my acceptance.

When someone comes to a .tel site it's very obvious that they know where they are ".tel extension" so no need to make them aware again with a Telnic logo.

I see the logo as a telnic promotion for free where as I expect to charge any adverts on my site[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %