The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Are google ads worth it?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Are google ads worth it? Empty Are google ads worth it?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:39 pm

dialaroom06-07-2010 07:17 PM

Are google ads worth it?

Not being a great fan of google ads or any ads on web sites and especially .tels. Are they worth cluttering up your .tels. I'm willing to be swayed. Is anyone actually making anything from them? Is not the fact that your site or .tel is ad free worth more?

Bunjie06-07-2010 07:32 PM

I do actually make some money off it, not allot but it's gradually going up, as I add more content and get more views it might be worth it.

For people with many 100s of .tel domains it's likely great, is it not going so well for you at the moment? I would have prefer an easy way to add on a per sub domain state, then I can remove it on some perhaps if they donate give those people an image space.

For links it seems fine to me, see mine here http://images.furry.se/sample-ad.png

Shahid06-07-2010 09:03 PM

i get around 1 - 4 Euro a week from www.AIDS.tel and Autoparts.tel 

Shahid

dialaroom06-07-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 9285)
    i get around 1 - 4 Euro a week from www.AIDS.tel and Autoparts.tel 

Shahid

[size]
    Glad it's paying for itself Shahid, one of the best .tels. Just taken a look, very good ads appearing, the best case of the ads complimenting the site, I've seen. Usually I'm totally against ads on sites, happy to be proven wrong.[/size]

Shahid06-07-2010 10:37 PM

Thanks, well the ads look good but only if the .tel is populated well enough to go with it mine are not that much but still good enough

dottel06-08-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 9280)
    Not being a great fan of google ads or any ads on web sites and especially .tels. Are they worth cluttering up your .tels. I'm willing to be swayed. Is anyone actually making anything from them? Is not the fact that your site or .tel is ad free worth more?

[size]
    If you have a directory based site and have good traffic then why not test it?
    for me I make $$/day on other extensions thats because they are mainly entertainment sites.

I have not tried it on .tel as it's early to test (because of the data on the site is not that much and I do not want to scare off the visitors).

You can try a mix of Adsense and private Ads and see whats profitable for you niche and site.[/size]

bestmann06-23-2010 11:30 AM

As always, it really depends on many things.
    It can only be a few tens of dollars a month, it can be hundreds. For me, two sites have ads on them, and the revenue is enough to covers hosting costs (I am on shared) and a bit more, which is nice. It is not enough to cover gas, food, rent, ..etc.
    One blogger in Australia claims that he made 10,000$ a month from Google AdSense, from some 17 web sites. I find that hard to believe, since the number of hits and clicks that are needed is HUGE, unless he runs a community site that others write on, and is frequented by non-techie users (techies filter out ads mentally).

dutchstreetdog06-27-2010 10:28 AM

I have ads becuase it make my domain looking profesional And pretty so i dont care iff i make somthing or not it make my dottel ALIVE

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:15 am