The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Sales and buying attitude towards .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Sales and buying attitude towards .tel Empty Sales and buying attitude towards .tel

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 12:24 pm

mactel04-11-2010 12:50 PM

Sales and buying attitude towards .tel

Sales and buying attitude towards .tel.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0CwEMUJ8Ow...kaufswagen.png
    About the buyer attitude towards .tel domains:

- Price expectations are way under value and often totaly unrealistic.
    - Price offers made by potential buyers, or counter offers, are quasi ridiculous and absurd.
    - Price offers made by potential buyers, are mostly unacceptable. 

About the seller attitude towards .tel domains:
    - Not that many premium names offered for sale.
    - Good .tel names are often offered way under value, mostly, just to make some fast dollars / cash.

Conclusion and further thoughts:
    It is often hard, to achieve a mutual buying or selling agreement, because of the state of promotion and awarenes about .tel.
    And so, potential buyers, and especially sellers, think that as long as .tel is widly unknown, it has no high market value.
    Same thing applies to sellers: They think, that as long as .tel is widly unknown, they can not ask for a reasonable, fair, etc., price, for this useful and valuable technology-domain. 
    Oportunists get active, trying to sell or buy for rediculous low prices, not doing any justice to the dot tel domain, and spoiling the market.
    And oportunists, as well well as any other buyer or seller, are beeing counter productive in promoting .tel, as people think, that any thing that is sold very cheap, has no big value or no important function.

The given or asked price for a .tel domain is no indicator for its true value or importance.

But it is definitily very wrong, to sell good .tel names cheaply.

The minimum price for a good .tel name should be around $400, just to give you an idea.

Junk names may be sold for lower prices, starting at the registration or renewal cost.

Other names, may be somewhere inbetween $12 and $400.

Premium .tel names should be from $400 upwards, with no price limit.
    (Industries, services, services through mobile devices, good products, etc., as well as complementary names to match existing web sites.) 

Edit:
    In the mid term and long term, the dot tel domain will be easyer to sell, and more profitable than any other attempts to sell a domain offline, or not at a auction.

Let us assume, that only 50% to 60% of all good and important names are already taken.
    Which leaves still some time for you, to register a .tel, and despite its undervalued status within the domaing world.
    It is now, to get your .tel name, if you want to improve your presence within the internet.
    If you will, you would quasi be "swimming" against the stream (counter-cyclical). But once the masses, or respectively, the "flock of sheep" start going for .tel, you would have hard times, to position your self by finding the right .tel names for your business, as most of them might already be taken.

Now no one is screaming for a .tel, but you should take advantage of that situation, and profit. Either you can still get your .tel name for registration fee, or the existing .tel name you might want to consider to buy, is still affordable.

Go for it! Go for .tel!
    Often, when a market is "dried out", or goods are scarce, then price start to rocket and rise steeply and sharply. That is the "normal" process, for decision makers to spend a big sum of money on goods, as they are able to conclude, that the high price is justifyed due to the market situation and the scarceticity.

But on the other side: A existing .tel name won't change within time: It is the same name now, as it will be, when it will have a much higher price on the price tag. If the name is good or premium now, and if you like it, you should not hesitate too long: It won't get any cheaper. 
    You can only buy goods cheaply, when not many people show interest in them, and when they are available in higher quantities.
    A higher price does not make a technology more useful. If it is useful, it is useful. If it will become more useful, it will become more useful.
    It is as simple as that. The other question is, if you are willing to buy now, and want to be patient, to watch the value of your .tel names increase. Instead of buying at the highest price level. 
    It is often said, that "no risques bring no big profits", or similar. 
    How will you feel, if people will be starting to ask you "what's your .Tel?", and you have to reply, that you don't have any (business related) .tel (because you "missed the boat")?

Cees04-11-2010 02:04 PM

Whilst a lot of the obvious "good and important" names have been taken, there are still a lot, maybe not infinite number of names available, however the value placed on them has a certain amount of black magic attached, that is to say, I've seen some really obscure and strange names in the past in the other TLD's, which have brought huge rewards for their owners, it is of course best to get in early, but by coming up with creative names it's also never to late.

mactel04-11-2010 02:37 PM

At the time I had been creating loads of .tel names, I probaby had not been creative, in the sense that you mean: I had created each name upon some painstaking research, because I want that they will be successful within the industries and markets, and so on.

Indeed, some weird and strange names, find buyers, that are willing to pay big sums of money. But that is a bit like at the lottery, and the names may never get sold, and stay "shelf warmers".

I am sure, to have many, many killer names, that can compete within different business fields / categories. 

To make a buying decision, one must always rely on the gutt feeling, as well.

Strange domain names are often still availabe, because not yet taken.
    But existing keyword names, used in industries are highly sought after.

The advantage of availability with the .tel extension, was because .tel was a new TLD (top level domain), and gave opportunity to register sought after names, once more, just with a other TDL extension.

And .tel is a good one indeed, so I never had to think twice, once I figured out, that a desired name was available as a .tel domain name.
    .http://telhosting.1api.net/g2/shared...ogo-telnic.gif

Cees04-11-2010 09:24 PM

mactel, 
    I would concur close to 100% with the above post, however I still think of new good names everyday, as you allude to, however not the very best but still worthwhile, I keep a long list of these for future reference and register as I see fit.
    I'd like to register the lot but one needs very deep pockets for this, so until I can start to make a worthwhile return from investment my buying pattern is somewhat subdued, I'm sure the above is not unique to me.

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 7:12 am