The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.TEL Domain Name Appraisals

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.TEL Domain Name Appraisals Empty .TEL Domain Name Appraisals

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 12:33 pm

telrific05-08-2010 03:19 PM

.TEL Domain Name Appraisals

Many domains have been listed For Sale in the Sales Forum.

Although NO domain appraisal or service is ever completely justified, there is a legitimate process by which the root word(s) of the domain are appraised.

The best FREE Domain Appraisal found that is a relatively fair basis out of hundreds available:

SwiftAppraisal.com

This is at least a fair basis of the ROOT name. ( .tel extension is also a factor )

Before you expect 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 figure sales for your names, please check it out !

maximka05-08-2010 04:04 PM

By this service Sex.com was apprised at $ 62,000 ~ 94,000 .

http://valuate.com/ and http://www.estibot.com/ likes sex.com better.

telrific05-08-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 8801)
    By this service Sex.com was apprised at $ 62,000 ~ 94,000 .

http://valuate.com/ and http://www.estibot.com/ likes sex.com better.

[size]

PERFECT Example of why SwiftAppraisal.com is MUCH better:

valuate.com
    ~ sex.tel - $130.00
    ~ sex.com - $14,350,000.00

estibot.com
    ~ sex.tel - $130.00
    ~ sex.com - $14,350,000.00

swiftappraisal.com
    ~ sex.tel - $6,200.00 - 9,400.00
    ~ sex.com - $62,000 - 94,000.00

As you can see the ONLY difference with SwiftAppraisal is in the .com marketability/recognition vs .tel marketability/recognition.

There is NO fair basis for the analysis of sex.tel on the root name alone for the websites that you've suggested, and they like sex.com better because of the value of the website sex.com beyond the name.

The only thing they prove is their inability to show the potential value of the domain name as a root name investment,
    and their own system is self-condemning proof.

added: Check out your Portrait.tel, I think you'll see the difference.

;)[/size]

maximka05-08-2010 07:22 PM

Yes, for Portrait_tel it shows value of $ 500 ~ 750 - instead of 35$ at Estibot.

If I had not that domain in my possession and I would wanted it for my little business (not for re-sale), I would pay those 500 and would think that I made a good business. So for TEL-domains it can be used - of course, as not the exert whose word is decisive, but as one of the variants, which can be taken into consideration.

P.S.
    Portrait.com = $ 5,000 ~ 7,500 according to SwiftAppraisal.com. It seems that this service apprise domain at .TEL as 1/10 of the value of the same domain in .COM . It would be very good if the same proportion would be in reality.

telrific05-08-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 8803)
    Yes, for Portrait_tel it shows value of $ 500 ~ 750 - instead of 35$ at Estibot.

If I had not that domain in my possession and I would wanted it for my little business (not for re-sale), I would pay those 500 and would think that I made a good business. So for TEL-domains it can be used - of course, as not the exert whose word is decisive, but as one of the variants, which can be taken into consideration.

[size]
    That's the point of my suggestion with everyone dropping, renewing, selling, keeping, wondering ... your response is again exactly the point, $500 is a value, $35 is a joke.

If you give Portrait.tel the maximum advantages in the SwiftAppraisal quote, it's $5,000.00~$7,500.00, also not ridiculous as was seen early last year with Storage.tel, Ohio.tel, etc.

Negotiation range between $500.00 - $7,500 can at least be intelligently argued, $35 not so much.

Quote:
    [/size]

P.S.
    Portrait.com = $ 5,000 ~ 7,500 according to SwiftAppraisal.com. It seems that this service apprise domain at .TEL as 1/10 of the value of the same domain in .COM . It would be very good if the same proportion would be in reality.

[size]
    That will be the case if Telnic capitalizes on the opportunity it has. All in good time.

Simple realities such as these will come to be known eventually and raise .TEL value: why.telpagesplus.com[/size]

Blogger05-09-2010 08:57 AM

All appraisal services are nonsense. Don't waste your time. It is impossible to value illiquid assets.

telrific05-09-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blogger (Post 8808)
    All appraisal services are nonsense. Don't waste your time. It is impossible to value illiquid assets.

[size]
    "All appraisal services are nonsense." - This is true of anything, houses, etc. - 

but the "don't waste your time" and "illiquid assets", only applies where there is no market.

Telnic can attest that there is a market for .TEL ...

:cool:[/size]

OnSpec05-09-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blogger (Post 8808)

[size]

I agree Blogger.

The value of any domain is exactly the price a buyer is prepared to write a check for and a seller is willing to accept.

No amount of automation will ever be able to predict that with any degree of accuracy.

Cheers,[/size]

maximka05-09-2010 01:21 PM

Yes, I also agree that robot cannot truly apprise something. So, if it says that your domain worth $$$, it still means nothing. At the same time, when you are choosing which one domain to register for reselling it later, and then the same robot says that this your domain worth zero, then, I think, it can be a reason to think twice about registering that name.

telrific05-09-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnSpec (Post 8814)

The value of any domain is exactly the price a buyer is prepared to write a check for and a seller is willing to accept.

[size]
    That's a fact, and the entire point of an appraisal process is only to give some place to start.

It's not supposed to be accurate, it's supposed to be a basis that's better than the lame "Make Offer".

I would never make an offer other than $1 when I see this !

If you are serious about selling, put a price on it, but base it on something anyway !

At least there's a starting point based upon something more that feeling there !

:D[/size]

AJV USA05-09-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 8817)
    That's a fact, and the entire point of an appraisal process is only to give some place to start.

It's not supposed to be accurate, it's supposed to be a basis that's better than the lame "Make Offer".

I would never make an offer other than $1 when I see this !

If you are serious about selling, put a price on it, but base it on something anyway !

At least there's a starting point based upon something more that feeling there !

[size]
    Bingo.

:)[/size]

telrific05-09-2010 02:01 PM

The whole point of this thread is simple:

Zero/Near Zero is ridiculous, almost any domain has greater potential.
    Make Offer is ridiculous, why bother when it will be low and rejected.
    Too High, based upon personal opinion and feelings, also rejected.

Some starting point that at least has a shred of merit, even if only as a starting point using any market standards for the domain name itself.

If you think this thread was anything else you need to lighten up !

dialaroom05-09-2010 08:41 PM

swiftappraisal.com
    ~ sex.tel - $6,200.00 - 9,400.00
    ~ dialaroom.tel - $5,600.00 - 7,000.00

That proves it dialaroom is nearly as good as sex! lol

Shahid05-09-2010 09:25 PM

i really like Dailaroom.tel good work on it apart from that i do not believe in appraisal.

i have Appraised domains from sedo.com and other sites and to be frank no decent bids have come.

so dont ever waste ur money on appraisal and also there are many scams related to this.

1) you get an email for domain....com/net/tel
    2) offer is not less then 5000-10000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************5000-10000******end_of_the_skype_highlighting US$
    3) they demand appraisal from not godaddy or others but a scam site they made where they charge by hr around 100-300 Euro per hr once the domain is appraised by these cheaters and you forward the appraisal to them they will say thanks we are not interested

so if you get an email offering you 5000-10000 and demand appraisals just tell them u will sell it for 1000 and he will never find any better value then this by getting almost an 80% of their offered price hahah

dialaroom05-09-2010 09:47 PM

Some good points there Shahid thanks for the tips on the scams out there. I'm sure no one on this forum takes them seriously. I use them as a free source of backlinks when I'm bored. A lot of these sites keep your url, the search engines pick them up as a backlink.

Shahid05-10-2010 08:02 AM

your welcome, well i agree there with you on backlinks it helps alot it coming up on search engine since i am doing seo for my company's .tel its been performing quite well and hopefully if i have more time will link around 12 more .tel to the same 

all is all, one thing i can say is if a .tel benifits you its worth alot or else useless :) 

i sold a few in past some of them good and bad but i guess one should move on, one of the .tel i sold 
    was USD.tel quite cheap some even thought i was stupid but the worst thing is i have so many i need to concentrate on what i am doing and that money can help in renewals of others is how i see it

TelRise05-20-2010 09:10 PM

It's all pretty quiet on the tel front for the moment. But don't let it get you down - we are still in a recession and most business is fairly stagnant.
    But here are some appraisals that cheered me up;
    The Mobile Guide to Mayfair
    Phone Numbers Worldwide
    And This for a site that really needs some work 
    and time

I know, I know. These appraisals mean zilch, but looking at them on the screen boosts the mood for a few seconds.

Oh yes, and just realized appraisals like this can also provide "valuable" back links.

Shahid05-20-2010 10:19 PM

hahaha nice one talk about appraisal

http://www.yandalo.com/www.aids.tel

thanks ur right keeps one in a happy mood many of us here need that to keep floating

telrific05-20-2010 11:26 PM

You're right, it does help a little ...

Credit-Cards.tel

Car-Rental.tel

dialaroom05-21-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 9013)
    You're right, it does help a little ...

Credit-Cards.tel

Car-Rental.tel

[size]
    These must be accurate, they're calculated right down to the last 1 cent.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.TEL Domain Name Appraisals Empty Re: .TEL Domain Name Appraisals

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 12:33 pm

dialaroom05-21-2010 08:01 AM

Telnic.tel

Blunderer05-21-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 9017)
    These must be accurate, they're calculated right down to the last 1 cent.

[size]
    No, thats the earnings.

Anyway, I have just appraised my portfolio and discovered it's worth £76M.[/size]

Shahid05-21-2010 02:30 PM

wow nice one Blunderer your an overnight millionaire i hope you know now that you surely had goldmines in hand hahah

Blunderer05-21-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 9026)
    wow nice one Blunderer your an overnight millionaire i hope you know now that you surely had goldmines in hand hahah

[size]
    Actually, I've got hair in my hand. I've been tearing it out for months!

(and I didn't start with much)

Now, back to work.[/size]

Gav05-21-2010 05:42 PM

Hi Guys

Yes it is great seeing what your .tel is worth using this apprasial tool website.

My best .tel ( another.tel ) is worth a staggering - $4,552,050.05

Here it is http://www.yandalo.com/www.another.tel

I know these are not correct. but as you say it certainly makes you smile

Regards

Gav

Shahid05-21-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 9028)
    Actually, I've got hair in my hand. I've been tearing it out for months!

(and I didn't start with much)

Now, back to work.

[size]
    Good i am glad atleast people are working on their .tel trust me the more you work / play with your .tel you will find it more fruitful.

i will share one of my .tel in a few days and also show good results about it just working hard on it now it is not doing anything to monetize it but being used plainly for SEO for my company

Shahid[/size]

Shahid05-21-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 9032)
    Hi Guys

Yes it is great seeing what your .tel is worth using this apprasial tool website.

My best .tel ( another.tel ) is worth a staggering - $4,552,050.05

Here it is http://www.yandalo.com/www.another.tel

I know these are not correct. but as you say it certainly makes you smile

Regards

Gav

[size]
    Can we have some investment together 

don't lose hope don't spend on marketing use your keyboard and ur mind and do as much as seo as you can if you need help i am willing to help as your not in my industry :)[/size]

Gav05-22-2010 12:16 PM

Hi Shahid

Many thanks for your post.

Do you think another.tel has potenitial ?

What plans do you have for your preminum .tel domains ?

Regards

Gav

Shahid05-22-2010 01:47 PM

to be frank i was thinking of dropping 150 .tel domains but i managed to renew all it was not an easy decision to make but i did take the bold step and hopefully it will turn off some day, right now i am concentrating on my own business ( apart from domains or monetizing of them ) it is .tel domains but plainly used for seo for me i have around 20 .tel to redirect to 1 .tel domain and already on top with search engine.

as for many other in the months to come i will work on them its just people say .tel is limited i find it so vast that i can't even cover them i have plenty domains i already have offers on and might even dispatch them to keep the flow going on but what i am doing is not ripping off people for their money even if i sell a .tel domain i offer free to set it up for them so they know what they can do with it.

one example i can show u is www.UtahRealEstate.tel and trying to get into real estate industry of US as i own over 180 .tel related to real estate in US only www.usrealestate.tel can be seen for info

so lets hope people know the real value of it rather then think of it just a money making machine no1 is going to pay u for listing if your .tel is not populated you might have www.sex.tel or other good domains don't expect anyone to pay unless you have what it takes to be there.

my price for joining Autoparts.tel is US$ 100/- per year they pay it or stay out of it

then i also have many other domains its just i don't have time or else i would have done alot on them

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 7:41 am