The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What's it worth?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What's it worth? Empty What's it worth?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 1:14 pm

teltheworld03-01-2011 02:42 PM

What's it worth?

Seeing as the Forum can be a little bit quite on some occasions, I would like to make a suggestion for a new 'Thread Starter' called 'What's it worth'

Pretty much self explanatory but the idea being that someone can put up one of their .Tels where other Forum members can give their opinion regarding it's value.

This could vary from 'worthless' to 'I wish I had bought that' and it might be for Sale.

A sort of Forum valuation roadshow, with a general agreement that no one takes offense, as it is only their opinion after all.

dialaroom03-01-2011 03:01 PM

teltheworld - Could certainly liven things up a bit -would you care to start us off.

Simon G03-01-2011 04:23 PM

Tell you what if no one minds I'll start,
    Whats your valuation for....
    Los-Angeles_tel

Cracking Keyword, Huge Geo.tel but has a hyphen. Which limits it when passing address word to mouth, 
    I picked it up about this time last year from a reseller, so in my eyes it already has value but what are your opinions?

And yes it is for sale to the right offer.

maximka03-01-2011 05:29 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

teltheworld03-01-2011 06:34 PM

Dialaroom@Simon@Maximka

Nice to hear from you all, at least it might stop me moaning about that .Tel Logo (for a little while!) lol 

As I've been out for most of the day Simon beat me to it! but in any event I will put up some .Tels as soon as I get time.

Valuations are of course based on supply and demand and although there are some 'killer' .Tels on Sedo, it's not looking too rosy at the moment.

So what is looking worthless to-day might fetch good money tomorrow, at which point I am playing the theme of 'Tomorrow Never Comes'!

Los-Angeles is a nice one and I am sure that many people will be wishing they bought that, as if it is for a Directory, the hypen may not effect it all that much.

Tricky to price in the Market and so could be a 'sleeper' that's worth hanging onto.

But as I don't want to buy it myself, I will keep my mouth shut in favor of someone who does.

telrific03-01-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 13108)
    Tell you what if no one minds I'll start,
    Whats your valuation for....
    Los-Angeles.tel ...

[size]
    Hyphen will help it's value in TelPages and on the telpage when reading the domain name.

Additionally, it has no lesser value as a keyword, and you don't have to guess value either !

For example:

$ 2.88 is the going rate that someone is willing to pay for a click when Los Angeles is searched according to market research.

That means whether it's Google, Bing, Yahoo, TelPages, etc. that a Business or Individual
    believes that someone clicking on their Ad/Listing could be a customer, and they are willing to pay $ 2.88 to find out.

That's what's so great about .TEL over ANY other tld, and why .TEL in TelPages Exclusively is so great, no other TLD competition !

So, you need to ask yourself only one question really:

If people are willing to pay $ 2.88 per click, how many clicks do I want to sell it for ?

If you think that Los Angeles will be searched in TelPages alot, then maybe you are willing to let it go for alot of clicks.

If you think that Los Angeles will be searched in TelPages rarely, then maybe you are willing to let it go for a few clicks.

If I do a global search for Los Angeles in TelPages, then ... there you are ! (#3 it looks like !)

You now have an advantage over 17,286 others, and worth $ 2.88 each and every time someone clicks on you !

So, how many clicks is it worth to you ?

2, 200, 2000 ? Per Day, Per Week, Per Year ?

If you're selling it, you're giving it up forever.

Unlike a normal domain name, .TEL has great Keyword power, the kind Google makes Billions of Dollars from every quarter !

So, what are you willing to let it go for ? Or do you even want to let it go so soon ?

The value of Los-Angeles.tel ? Depends on TelPages success !

The term is searched 55,600,000 every month on the internet.

Even a very low fraction of that in TelPages is alot of clicks !

Hmmm ...

My opinion ? It's a keeper.

;)[/size]

teltheworld03-02-2011 02:33 AM

Now That Sounds Like A Really Good Idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13121)

Sorry for the seemingly off-topic chatter

[size]
    Hi Telrific and Others

Being a member of many other Forums, there seems to be a 'glaring omission' on this one!

Almost with out exception (in the forums I belong to anyway) There is a thread Called: 'Off Topic'
    and we 'Don't appear to have one' (not sol lol!)

This is not being covered by the 'General discussions thread', as from what I am able to see, 'That thread is to do with .Tels'

I would therefore like to propose a 'Proper Off Topic Sticky' where .Tel Forum Members can talk about anything other than .Tels.

Which might help to relieve any pent up frustrations. 

Like for instance which Tablet or Mobile or Software to buy (you get the idea!)

You could even unashamedly plug some Kit you have for sale, without feeling guilty.

Anyone in favor of something like that? at least it would give this Forum a bit more momentum and maybe encourage 'The Lookers' to become Members.[/size]

telrific03-02-2011 02:50 AM

Valuations just opens up a big can of worms with .tel !

With 1,100+ tlds out there, .tel is the hardest to valuate is all.

What's it worth ? I don't know that a million opinions means much today.

telrific03-02-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 13128)
    Hi Telrific and Others

Being a member of many other Forums, there seems to be a 'glaring omission' on this one!

Almost with out exception (in the forums I belong to anyway) There is a thread Called: 'Off Topic'
    and we 'Don't appear to have one' (not sol lol!)

This is not being covered by the 'General discussions thread', as from what I am able to see, 'That thread is to do with .Tels'

I would therefore like to propose a 'Proper Off Topic Sticky' where .Tel Forum Members can talk about anything other than .Tels. 

Which might help to relieve any pent up frustrations. 

Like for instance which Tablet or Mobile or Software to buy (you get the idea!)

You could even unashamedly plug some Kit you have for sale, without feeling guilty.

Anyone in favor of something like that? at least it would give this Forum a bit more momentum and maybe encourage 'The Lookers' to become Members.

[size]
    I like it !

:)[/size]

AJV USA03-02-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13127)
    YellowNames.com Premium Inventory List Has Been Updated.

If you're looking to check valuations, there are a couple there to look at.

:eek:

[size]
    Yeah, just a couple; I think they're listed too cheap for the long-term value.

I've seen garbage at DNJournal.com that went for 2-10 times as much, or more !

:o[/size]

Cees03-02-2011 07:11 AM

Teltheworld
    RE the "off topic" Yes I'm for that I'm sure it would create more interest.

teltheworld03-02-2011 11:19 AM

Aled what do you think? 

Any chance of creating a proper 'Off Topic' thread, which may encourage non-techies and others to join the Forum.

Aled03-02-2011 12:55 PM

teltheworld,

We're going to keep the forum with all topics and conversations related to .tel. We are, however, going to create a new section called "Marketing" following such a request from another community member. This specific request was for an area where marketing suggestions and techniques for .tel directories could be discussed, but it could also be used for discussion of marketing any .tel.

I appreciate that this thread has deviated from the initial purpose and as such will move those postings discussing Telpages to a new thread in Feedback.

telrific03-02-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 13133)
    Yeah, just a couple; I think they're listed too cheap for the long-term value.

I've seen garbage at DNJournal.com that went for 2-10 times as much, or more !

[size]
    And what inherent value do those big sales have in a directory ... none.

As for too cheap, that's why the Yellow Names will be converting to Lease only.

I don't care if anyone buys anything or not, but, no one can say that there wasn't 
    the opportunity to own the domain and the space in TelPages outright !

What's it worth ? Time will tell !

;)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:15 am