The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnic Crisis ? How Will They Handle The Success !

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic Crisis ? How Will They Handle The Success ! Empty Telnic Crisis ? How Will They Handle The Success !

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:22 pm

telrific09-21-2010 08:06 PM

Telnic Crisis ? How Will They Handle The Success !

Yes, that's right, the SUCCESS is the only crisis Telnic is facing ultimately.

When someone introduces a new product, it generally serves one of two areas:

1. Fad/Gimmick
    2. Valuable Tool

THEN it is judged by the "Bureaucracy" and the "People" and:

1. Dismissed
    2. Accepted

.TEL has been dismissed by many as "negligible" and a "fad" at best.

The reason those like myself have stuck by Telnic is because they are wrong.

Those are exactly the same terms that were used with ".com" and "email".

So, in order for it to be successful, it would have to be:

1. Valuable Tool
    2. Accepted by the "Bureaucracy" and the "People"

The September 2010 Newsletter is exactly what was needed.

1. It Shows the Roadmap Commitment Continuing to Support the "Tool" and "People" Acceptance.
    2. It Shows the "Bureaucracy" Expansion and Acceptance With EADP Members and Countries like China. 
    (Continued Bureaucratic Adoption is Critical along with the Tool Development)

Hand-In-Hand the September 2010 Newsletter shows the Commitment to Both:

1. Valuable Tool (Roadmap)
    2. People/Bureacratic Acceptance (Justin/Ian)

Great Job Telnic !

The Phrase That Drives The Most Interest To Me:

"There was great interest in .tel as a value added offering as they (Directory Publishers) transition their customers and revenues from print to online marketing propositions."

The "Tip of the Iceberg" is in this market !

For .TEL and TelPages to be the "Valuable Tool" and "People/Bureaucracy Acceptance" is the single biggest opportunity that Telnic can focus on.

YellowBook and YellowPages in the United States have already publicly addressed this untapped market on FOX Business as the CEO's recounted the figures that the White and Yellow page markets online represent in the Future. They are LOOKING for solutions as they EXIT the Printed Book / Offline Market ...

Go get 'em Telnic !

Cees09-21-2010 08:16 PM

telrific,
    Nicely articulated, and thats the reason I'm here, I have always been of the opinion that I need to stick with it, and that's why I keep buying.
    Cheers

.tel09-22-2010 09:38 AM

Hi,

a great feature could be to have the possibility to define a default phone number per domain/sub-domain, maybe later per profile per domain/sub-domain
    That means instead to enter a dial string , dial the domain name. 
    means instead to dial : +442074676450 dial : Henry.tel 

Maybe you can convince some device manufacturer to implement a native .tel button, 
    so that users just need to enter “Henry” and press the .tel button. 

The usage of a common phone dial string could be completely replace through a .tel domain name/sub-domain.

Some soft phones like phoner.de, voipgate, etc. supporting such feature already (but only if one phone dial string is defined per domain/sub-domain).

I guess this is a huge potential for .tel domains. 

.tel

mikeseaton09-28-2010 11:49 PM

Dot Tel Killer App?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .tel (Post 10997)
    Maybe you can convince some device manufacturer to implement a native .tel button, so that users just need to enter “Henry” and press the .tel button.

[size]
    This could well be the killer app for .tel - the ability to enter a .tel name NOT by going to the address bar of the phone's web browser BUT by simply entering the name as you would enter a number and then follow it by hitting a ".tel" key.

The .tel name entered would then select the first phone number that appears on the .tel page. Provided subdomain names could be entered this would allow plenty of numbers to be dialled for a single .tel.

With landline phones set to become much more intelligent in the next few years this could really set .tel alight - just tell people to use a phone exactly as they do now but enter a name rather than a number followed by hitting a ".tel" key.

I seem to remember reading some time ago that Telnic had actually tested out this idea using their office phones?

Mike Seaton[/size]

dotteler09-29-2010 01:42 AM

I first visualized a .telephone that looked more like the iphone on the back of the handset.. you tapped and scrolled down your 'bookmarks' to the number you wanted.
    To search for names / numbers is the lynch pin. If .tel could represent the easiest, quickest way to call who you were looking for. My old example: call the tire department of the nearest Walmart. Contestant #1 use Google, Contestant #2 use telpages (once done). The example should show how easily you could locate the actual number you were looking for in the fewest clicks, with quick loading result pages each step with .tel.
    The problem I've noticed with searching .tel is that it didn't index the content on the .tel site I was searching so didn't actually find what I asked for, which was actually content on a sub.name.tel that was on the site.
    Until we robot and index .tel and compile our own search, or better yet align with a search company (sorry to be so repetitive in this) that returns .tel as the contact point for the search. Whether this is a .tel click here link in the business listings on google, or a search result in the sidebar, the .tel info. would be valuable if it was click to connect anywhere on the page.
    I still love the firefox plugin for .tel. A .tel browser would be pretty cool. App, widget, whatever worked with actual indexed information, please.

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 4:27 pm