The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Momentum in China?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Momentum in China? Empty Momentum in China?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:34 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-28-2011 11:53 AM

Momentum in China?

Over 12,000 IDN .tel registrations yesterday from China.
    Mark

maximka01-28-2011 12:42 PM

Great trend! It seems for me that from all IDN the Chinese IDN have the best perspectives because of the size of the country and a number of possible users. It is possible for small and medium businesses to do very good business inside of China and when IDN can be very good for a huge local market. Yesterday I also was thinking to take one more Chinese name. Then it would be 12,363 + 1 = total 12,364 .

Cedric01-31-2011 09:20 AM

One Character Chinese IDN

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12369)

Yesterday I also was thinking to take one more Chinese name. Then it would be 12,363 + 1 = total 12,364 .

[size]
    I've got one Chinese IDN, 问.tel, which means Ask or Ask-For. :) 

You might already know that,
    [/size]
    when you reg one Chinese IDN, you can get two at one time !!!
    Because there are Simplified-Chinese and Traditional-Chinese,

i.e. if you reg 画.tel, the 畫.tel is also reserved for you.
    If you reg China in Chinese, you can get both 中华.tel and 中華.tel in one purchase.

maximka01-31-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12452)
    I've got one Chinese IDN, 问.tel, which means Ask or Ask-For.

[size]
    Just wanted to ask you in another topic, do you have some IDN-names, and now I see the answer here. What is your opinion, IDN domains with one character are much more better than with few characters? I am still thinking about taking another one Chinese IDN for a little experiment of promoting it in search engines ratings, but am not sure yet do I need it.

Quote:
    [/size]

You might already know that,
    when you reg one Chinese IND, you can get two at one time !!!
    Because there are Simplified-Chinese and Traditional-Chinese,

i.e. if you reg 画_tel, the 畫_tel is also reserved for you.
    If you reg China in Chinese, you can get both 中华.tel and 中華.tel in one purchase.

[size]
    Yes, I have learned after registering 画 that I got also its traditional writing 畫. Only TelPages_com still do not treat these two words as the same word.[/size]

spline01-31-2011 10:59 PM

Where do you see these registrations?

I check dottel.net and all I see is something like 120-75 registrations a day.

maximka01-31-2011 11:56 PM

Registered IDN shown at this service - telmasters .com. There is no direct link to stats, you need to register there and only then you will see "Daily registrations".

dottel.net02-01-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12483)
    Registered IDN shown at this service - telmasters .com. There is no direct link to stats, you need to register there and only then you will see "Daily registrations".

[size]
    I still question the number of regs being shown as Telnic provide the same zone files. And the files are not showing these number of news regs.

Telnic - can you comment? Why would there be such a discrepancy?[/size]

Aled02-02-2011 09:44 AM

dottel.net - there's only one zone file, so you will be using the same information. Registrations will appear in there once the .tel is in the DNS, so not necessarily the same time as the registration, but when it is populated.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-08-2011 03:40 PM

Nice to see even more regs from China. Over 42,000 in fact yesterday. Is this because private individuals cannot own actual domains and this is one way around the restriction? Or are these business registrations?
    Mark

aliencafe02-08-2011 06:33 PM

Mark, this is interesting. are the reg numbers exact like 42,000 exactly?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-08-2011 07:23 PM

43349 registrations on 2011-02-07

maximka02-08-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12633)
    43349 registrations on 2011-02-07

[size]
    It seems that Telmasters .com do not show statistics for 2011-02-06 . :confused:[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-08-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12638)
    It seems that Telmasters .com do not show statistics for 2011-02-06 .

[size]
    Oops sorry missed a day.
    Mark[/size]

can02-09-2011 12:07 AM

Unbelievable!
    I guess sth wrong or rules change.

maximka02-09-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12644)
    Oops sorry missed a day.
    Mark

[size]
    It is any problem.:)

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by can (Post 12645)
    I guess sth wrong or rules change.

[size]
    There are some rules in China for registering domains for private persons? Not everyone can register a domain for himself?[/size]

can02-09-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12647)
    It is any problem.:)

There are some rules in China for registering domains for private persons? Not everyone can register a domain for himself?

[size]
    You must own company for registering .cn,nature person can not register.
    Just for .cn. .tel no problem[/size]

maximka02-09-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can (Post 12651)
    You must own company for registering .cn, nature person can not register.
    Just for .cn. .tel no problem

[size]
    Yes, I heard that not long ago this rule for .cn was introduced. Many international domainers dropped their .cn because had any registered company.

What is you opinion, for users from China IDN TELs are convenient for use?[/size]

maximka02-10-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

... if you reg 画.tel, the 畫.tel is also reserved for you.

[size]
    I took IDN [size=48][/size]. I think that is should be "CAT" in Chinese, but am not sure to the end as I use Google translate. Also am not sure does it have traditional writings. I took it for luck - as the character looks very nice for me: it resembles a picture of a cat (or of a squirell). One year later, if nobody will want to buy it, I perhaps simply will drop it. :)[/size]

Cedric02-10-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12696)

I took IDN . I think that is should be "CAT" in Chinese, but am not sure to the end as I use Google translate. Also am not sure does it have traditional writings.

[size]
    Yes, that's Cat in Chinese, and .tel is also reserved for you, as it is the traditional writing of .

http://www.nic.tel/whois.html?domain=xn--z7x
    http://www.nic.tel/whois.html?domain=xn--tj3a[/size]

Cees02-10-2011 07:34 AM

Question?
    As Cedric has mentioned, register one Chinese IDN and you get two, when these are counted are they counted as one registration or two, are the figures rubbery as far as total registrations are concerned.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Momentum in China? Empty Re: Momentum in China?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:34 pm

maximka02-10-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12698)
    Yes, that's Cat in Chinese, and .tel is also reserved for you, as it is the traditional writing of .

http://www.nic.tel/whois.html?domain=xn--z7x
    http://www.nic.tel/whois.html?domain=xn--tj3a

[size]
    Cedric, thank you!

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 12699)
    Question?
    As Cedric has mentioned, register one Chinese IDN and you get two, when these are counted are they counted as one registration or two, are the figures rubbery as far as total registrations are concerned.

[size]
    The same question - do we need to divide the count of registered Chinese IDN domains by half to get a real number of registration?[/size]

dottel.net02-10-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 12699)
    Question?

[size]
    The current number of IDN registrations is 95,883 (source: http://dottel.net)
    Would indeed good to know whether Telnic publish double counts for Chinese IDN regs or whether the entries in the zone file (source of this number) is actual regs. telnic?[/size]

Justin Hayward02-10-2011 07:41 PM

Telnic doesn’t give out specific registration numbers as we report those on a quarterly basis to ICANN (http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/monthly-reports/).* We do periodically announce registration numbers, which are official figures.* Any third party services provided by individuals or companies checking the zone file are not endorsed by Telnic and may not reflect the true registration rate.

Our most recent press releases confirm that the number of actual registrations has exceeded 300,000 in January 2011.

Cees02-11-2011 07:56 AM

Back to my original question, are they counted once or twice, surely Telnic must know.

Cedric02-11-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 12726)

Back to my original question, are they counted once or twice, surely Telnic must know.

[size]
    Hi Cees,

It's neither counted once nor twice......

There are something to be noticed:
    [/size]

• 1) Who Count? Official or 3rd party?
    • 2) Not all Chinese Characters have Traditional writing.
    • 3) Name in Traditional Chinese just shown as "Variant" in the Whois database.

[size]

Compare the following two Whois, and you may find the 2nd has an extra Line-7:
    http://www.nic.tel/whois.html?domain=xn--xysv67d
    http://www.nic.tel/whois.html?domain=xn--tkv460a

In one sentence, 
    I think Telnic count it Once, but Telmaster
    (3rd parties) count it Twice ( less than twice, because of [2] ).

[/size]

tindaya02-11-2011 12:26 PM

I bought about 15 domains in Chinese, but I have very clear what I bought. What is used more traditional Chinese or reduced? These domains are traditionally put down or reduced, and How do I know the contrary?

旅游.tel
    游戏.tel
    奔驰.tel
    小说.tel
    论坛.tel
    人体.tel
    電話.tel
    旅行.tel
    ホテル.tel
    健康.tel
    コンピュータ.tel
    温泉.tel
    料理.tel
    計算.tel
    不動産.tel
    日産.tel
    三井住友.tel

Cedric02-11-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 12729)

I bought about 15 domains in Chinese, but I have very clear what I bought. What is used more traditional Chinese or reduced? These domains are traditionally put down or reduced, and How do I know the contrary?

[size]
    Dear Tindaya,

I'm not so understand your question, but I can try to give you some help.
    [/size]

• If you want to know the histroy of Simplified Chinese Characters, that will be a long story dating back to year 1900...... you can use google to learn the story.
    • If you want to know whether the domain you registrated is in Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese, you can use Google Translator for a help.

Although "they" are the same language, but Google do offer the tool to "translate" Chinese into Traditional or Simplified.

http://translate.google.com/
    [size]
    All Mainland-China use Simplified Chinese nowadays, Hong Kong and Taiwan remains some of the traditional writing. And Traditional writings is more and common used in Calligraphy and Art designs.

Below is the Traditional(or Simp.) Writing of you Domain names, for your information.

旅游.tel 旅遊 
    游戏.tel 遊戲
    奔驰.tel 奔馳
    小说.tel 小說
    论坛.tel 論壇
    人体.tel 人體
    電話.tel 电话 (Simplified Chinese)
    旅行.tel 旅行 (same)
    ホテル.tel This is a Janpanese
    健康.tel 健康 (same)
    コンピュータ.tel This is a Janpanese
    温泉.tel 溫泉
    料理.tel 料理 (same)
    計算.tel 计算 (Simplified Chinese)
    不動産.tel 不动产 (Simplified Chinese)
    日産.tel 日产 (Simplified Chinese)
    三井住友.tel 三井住友 (same, Japanese?)

Hope it helps. :)[/size]

can02-11-2011 02:27 PM

Chinese has two type:simple and traditional.One point one,some are the same.
    旅游.tel simple,旅遊(Tra),exactly"travel",super good name
    游戏.tel simple,遊戲(tra),exactly"game",super good name
    奔驰.tel simple,奔馳(tra),Benz,Brand name
    小说.tel simple,小説(tra),exactly "novel",super good name
    论坛.tel simple,論壇(tra),exactly"forum",super good name
    人体.tel simple,人體(tra),"human body",good name
    電話.tel Traditional,电话(simple),"telephone",good name
    旅行.tel simple,same as traditional,also"tour or travel",super good name
    ホテル.tel Japanese
    健康.tel simple,same as traditional,exactly"health",super good name
    コンピュータ.tel Japanese
    温泉.tel simple,溫泉(tra)
    料理.tel simple,same as traditional, (Japanese translate to Chinese"food or meal"),good name
    計算.tel traditional, 计算(simple),"caculate",common name
    不動産.tel traditional ,不动产(simple) "real estate", good name,房產 better
    日産.tel 日产(simple), Japan Auto company
    三井住友.tel simple, Japan company name

maximka02-11-2011 06:06 PM

What name it is better to register as a main name - the simple or traditional one? I heard, that some Chinese words in traditional writing sometimes are used also in Japanese language. So when such word we will register in traditional writing, then people of Japan will also can like that name. Or may be the choice between simplified and traditional writing for every particular word should be chosen by the number of searches of keyword tool?

It is important thing which one to choose as a main name because it seems that, for example, FireFox browser do not understands that these two characters [size=48]
     and [size=48][/size]mean the same name. And so it is possible to go to IDN-TEL-site only from the first name - which was registered as a "main name".[/size]

tindaya02-12-2011 12:30 AM

Thank you very much for the information on IDN domains in Chinese, which seems more complex than previously thought. And I understand because when I wanted to put something, sometimes did not work properly and I mixed Chinese domain names with the Japanese.

libros
    tdah

can02-12-2011 01:08 AM

I like traditional Chinese. It has several thousand history and more like a portrait. But now it is used only by Taiwan and Hongkong. Japan use some traditional Chinese. Some korean and Vietnamese understand a little bit.

Singapore and China mainland only use simplified Chinese,it cover more than 1.3 billion people.

maximka02-12-2011 06:01 PM

can, thank you. It is very interesting.

I was looking registrations at Telmasters and found one curious thing: among 82 registrations on 2010-11-19 also were registered these two swastikas, clockwise and counterclockwise directed: _tel and _tel. 

As both domains belong to the same owner, I think that perhaps one of them was a simplified writing and another one traditional - or, may be, they are just synonyms.

Quote:

卐 [wàn]

1. 1. Swastika, from Sanskrit svástika, meaning well-being. It is used as a kind of ancient charm, phylactery or religious symbol. The sign 卐 has been used in Brahmanism, Jainism and Buddhism, etc. In Buddhist sutras and temples, it's also written as "卍" .

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:19 am