The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+6
Kilynn
Telminator
Rambo
fustachio.tel
Tel
Alex
10 posters

Not public forum sections

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Not public forum sections Empty Not public forum sections

Post by Alex 2012-07-11, 8:04 pm

Because of a questionable essay from one forum member today I have decided to hide some "mean" comments from the public.

As I've always promised I won’t censor any comments from forum members as long they follow the forum rules:

Forum Rules

In the past I have just deleted inappropriate words (especially swear words) of some entries (without deleting the rest of the related comments). So far this has occurred only very seldom.

In the future I will move "nasty" content into the following section which will be visible only for forum members from now on:

Bottom Drawer

Here you can find the above mentioned thread now.
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Not public forum sections Empty Re: Not public forum sections

Post by Tel 2012-07-11, 10:11 pm

I guess the bottom drawer will become my favorite! Hi hi!
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-07-12, 5:27 am

It doesn't seem nasty it just seems his opinion and perspective of telnic is a company that allegedly does nothing and that's in part down to the image crafted by them, the silence or they way they present themselves as professional first aka don't ruin my linkedin resume etc gives no inside perspective we can make a better judgment of them as being busy and hard working, executives don't do that much anyway other than mange other employees but that's my perspective and one based only on Movies and TV shows that I don't watch anymore and of course popular culture, so how can I know any different? by being one? I will never be able to or experience that remotely to any useful degree so I can't make an accurate judgment.
    So how can Rambo know any different if telnic are closed social source? does he have a perspective I don't on the job? or is he just as starved for knowing telnic as anything but tight lipped aka "Careless talk costs lives" aka "Careless talk costs brand damage" as I and we are?
    I don't agree with it being Bottom Drawer which to me brands his perspective and the way he wants to express it as parody or a comic or textual writing or a form of roleplay interpretation as not as worthy as other opinions, I would see it more as an alternative section for all the above perspectives that are still outside the box but not as a bottom draw as that devalues his perspective and that is in part one from time to time I also believe is true.
    They say thinking outside the box is a smart thing to do, from my perspective of manging brands it's in part keeping people inside the box with the right message and not having too many loose papers hanging outside that others might think different of it, so how can his outside the box thinking that is not in line with the brand image telnic wants to promote be seen as inside a draw? essentially inside a box?, inside, filed away, organized is inside a draw, outside is free to think and create which is what this forum is about, the freedom to express and make sure your perspective is heard regardless of truth or parody.
    It's up to telnic to listen to these opinions and perspectives of them and to work towards making sure their customers feel and can see the true perspective to maintain their brand happiness, and hiding the fact people still have and hold these perspectives only perpetuates them as people double down if they feel no one is listening.
    I would wish you unlock the section and rename it to something more in the spirit of free thought and alternate opinions and perspectives as I don't see it as anything more than someone still angry and withholding telnics brand image to a perpetuation of what telnic forged, given time and via telnames I'm sure we'll see a more open and inside look thats not brand damaging but is like all start ups a more natural smiley we're working scenario we can better judge them by.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-07-12, 5:58 am

Also I believe telnic always wanted the in the box brand because I believe they were afraid of anything going wrong with it, aka you can control a company but your supposed to guide a brand to stay in the box if that's what you want by using social media to resolve disputes asap and promote the same drab message.
    While the rest of the brands wanted the people powered virals because they understood social media and how being too strict causes people to be put off and turn away or riot against your decisions, aka having the respect of their customers because they ask them what they want and need and deal with issues asap perpetuates a happiness and contentment to be creative by word of mouth with a loosely similar overall message that this product is great and this is why as a single person with my own way of thinking, I think this is so and I'll express it to you like this to a friend, a work colleague, a family member, a boss or my blog with X art or X textual expression to x or y section of society.
    I personalty hope telnames is willing to let people express how they feel about it because that's what makes it engaging and changes what you feel is nasty perspectives for the better, and in turn will make people of all diffident backgrounds find the creative perspective that they can understand of why .tel is a great product and why telnic have changed for the better.
    But hiding things will only hurt everyone more in the long run, ideas need to be openly challenged and creatively represented to make this forum and .tel overall a success..
    But that's just my perspective, whats yours?
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-07-12, 6:56 am

fustachio.tel wrote:I would wish you unlock the section and rename it ...
    Thank you for the feedback!

When I read the comment from Rambo it seemed to me the post was written with the intention for deliberate provocation. That is why I have decided to hide it from the public eye.

I'll follow the majority opinion of the forum members: Do you want me to let the public access these kind of sarcastic criticism?
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Rambo 2012-07-12, 8:20 am

TelTalk wrote:Do you want me to let the public access these kind of sarcastic criticism?
    Yes, of course! I only wrote what I have observed! It’s just the reality!
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-07-12, 8:35 am

@Rambo

Shut up when we are talking about you!
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-07-12, 8:41 am

Telminator wrote:@Rambo

Shut up when we are talking about you!
    That’s not kind! Even the discussed topic from Rambo is drastic; it’s also funny!
    Kilynn
    Kilynn

.tel domain : kilynn.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 1
    Company : Fignations
    Foundation date : 1998
    Service : 3D modeling, textures, graphics
    Profession : 3D Artist
    Experience : 1998-2013 independant work in 3D, Second Life, game mods/sprites.
    Hobbies : horses, crochet, beading, polymer clay, jewelry making, painting, making textures
    Zodiac : Sagittarius Chinese zodiac : Horse

Post by Kilynn 2012-07-12, 11:18 am

TelTalk wrote: Do you want me to let the public access these kind of sarcastic criticism?

Yes.
    I did not find that one offensive either, it made me yawn. It was not even close to reality but based on whatever movies he has seen. It had no bite, no verve, I demand a rewrite! XD
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-07-12, 11:24 am

I can't make anyone do anything and it's your site @teltalk through and through, but it's only my opinion that we shouldn't hide all sides and opinions.
    Also great discussions can be had based on a variety of topics especially if one side portrays something in a negative light, as it fires up others to creatively intervene and share their own opinion so I don't think the public should loose the context of how .tel used to be vs how it's growing and things like these as long as there none excessive within the boundaries and not the type that would get deleted in a normal thread, should be available to everyone and not just those who signed up to this site.
    One for all and all for one.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-07-12, 11:29 am

Access granted.

The whole forum is (and will stay) visible for everyone again!
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-11-29, 4:05 am

TelTalk wrote:The whole forum is (and will stay) visible for everyone again!
    After I've received some information about legal activity against TelTalk, unfortunately I have to reconsider my decision from earlier:

• The forum category "Bottom Drawer (Off-topics, disputes and nonsense)" will be only visible for forum members from now on.
    • Potentially relevant legal topics will be moved into this forum category.

I'm sorry for this change in public access, but I would like to ensure the survival of this forum.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-11-29, 4:18 am

TelTalk wrote:After I've received some information about legal activity against TelTalk
    Is Telnic fighting back: http://www.teltalk.org/t559-icann-complaint-against-telnames ?
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-11-29, 4:21 am

Sorry, I don’t want to give any further details, because I've promised not to reveal my source of information.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-29, 4:37 am

Unless you've been served with papers you probably shouldn't worry, though as I and others here don't know who said what to you I'm sure none of us here would really mind if you do what you feel is in your best interest to maintain the forum, aka if something can't be done it can't be done.
    -
    Though in light of the alleged anon and other scare tactics by allegedly disgruntled dot tel investors/owners/customers/trolls, who would not pass up the chance to remove this forum as even a tiny amount of benefit to existing customers is hard to bare for some, as well as taking down telnames/telnic and or destroy members potential business interests due to their point of view swinging positive in some respects.
    -
    I'm sure you'll not be taken in by such underhanded tactics eg, emails from such people disguised as legitimate cease and desist etc, threats to DDOS this forum and who knows what else in the future as long term telnic customers move on to more enlightened points of view and away from those fostering a disgruntled and warped perception, who will then find themselves with less and less people who are willing to side with them causing them to invest time in ever more ways to lash out at us all.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-11-29, 5:26 am

TelTalk, if to open a small Ltd. and to pass owneship of this forum to that Ltd? Then, perhaps, it could be easier to live, because that Ltd will be responsible for all what could happen, and not you personally.
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telminator 2012-11-29, 5:40 am

maxi wrote:TelTalk, if to open a small Ltd. and to pass owneship of this forum to that Ltd? Then, perhaps, it could be easier to live, because that Ltd will be responsible for all what could happen, and not you personally.
    An even better idea is to create two companies with two different forums: one as a one pager with background pictures and another with subcategories and prehistoric homepage design.
    People would be allowed to write negative comments only on the second.
    Frankly spoken this is typical for Telnic: instead of working constructively on customer feedback, they rather fight against it!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-11-29, 7:11 am

I think that declaring and then fully following the motto that "this forum is not censored" brings a weak point to this forum. Enemies could strike at that weak point. So, may be it would be better to change motto to something like "minimally moderated forum" or so.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-29, 7:36 am

TelTalk wrote:After I've received some information about legal activity against TelTalk, unfortunately I have to reconsider my decision from earlier:

I'm sorry for this change in public access, but I would like to ensure the survival of this forum.
    A couple of observations Alex, hopefully to put your mind at rest.

1. I remember a legal case recently regarding Twitter (sorry don't have a link) whereby it was established that Twitter was a "Platform" NOT a "Publisher" and could not be sued for the tweets posted. Twitter does of course still have to reveal the identities (as far as it can) of its Publishers if served with a court demand for this information.

2. Most UK companies (assuming the complaint you received was from a company based here) will not bother pursuing a defendant physically based in the USA. What are they going to do in practice if you ignore them - apply for extradition ?

Don't be intimidated Alex - your forum is helping .tel get public recognition at last !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Teler
    Teler

Post by Teler 2012-11-29, 7:56 am

mikeseaton wrote:What are they going to do in practice if you ignore them - apply for extradition ?
    Perhaps they are willing to exchange him with Julian Assange who is still in the UK

Since today almost all my comments are hidden from the public

Should I retire?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-12-01, 10:30 am

I know that in some forums owners create specific programms, which have a dictionary of inappropriate words and which automaticly replace inappropriate words in posts with ***. Such filter also could help this forum to become "stronger".
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-12-01, 10:34 am

maxi wrote:I know that in some forums owners create specific programms, which have a dictionary of inappropriate words and which automaticly replace inappropriate words in posts with ***. Such filter also could help this forum to become "stronger".
    Alex I believe already has one in place to replace s-u-c-k-s (hyphens necessary to avoid replacement) with absorbs !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 5:16 am