The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel Identity

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Identity Empty Tel Identity

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:19 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-02-2012 06:55 PM

Tel Identity

The Telidentity.com service will be launching soon and is still open for .tel identity testing.

In the meantime, the email forwarding server will be used for identities@canadian.me August 1, so if you are a Canadian or know one (besides me) please register through the www.Canadian.me contest banner and pick your identity, eg first name etc.
    Mark

Cees07-02-2012 10:38 PM

Mark, on the face of it your new service would appear to provide a superior income stream relative to the more traditional methods.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-02-2012 10:58 PM

Telidentity Idea

@Cees I base a lot on those that have come before, eg emailme.com and identity.chicago.com among others. These are mostly .com properties and charge anywhere from $50 to $5,000 per year (for top geos).

This is new to .Tel I believe, and it takes a community to help sell it. That is why I've taken the approach of being able to cross-sell identities among the owners that join Telidentity. Anyone can sell an email address in the pool of domains and get paid for the sale - whether or not they own the domain. The power of numbers. 

There are so many generics available with .Tel, this is a huge advantage over anyone trying to do it with dot com domains - too expensive to start up because of the cost of acquiring .com generic domains. The only ones that are succeeding only have a few domains to offer. So with .tel and a small community of owners of generics, this is ready for prime time in less than a month. Soon most of my domains will be available for identity sharing.

I have a number of things to do before I can release to all, but those that join now can try early. The email server is ready to go and all Telidentity needs is some owners to join in. The FAQis now pretty much up-to-date, even though the site is not yet ready. 
    Mark

Cees07-03-2012 12:03 AM

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the extra details.
    I may have missed this point but…. with the cross-selling does the owner share in any of the proceeds, I'm going to review all my name for possible entry, however is it a absolute requisite that the names be populated, a lot of mine aren't.
    This may actually spur a lot of registrations.
    Cees

boracay.tel07-03-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24781)
    This is new to .Tel I believe, and it takes a community to help sell it.

[size]
    I have (a lot of) domains that am holding off transferring to telnames. Will .tel email identity service work for telnames hosted .tels mark?
    The control panel of telnames does have the mx facility, but you said once before that telmasters was not approved for telnames?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 24783)
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the extra details.
    I may have missed this point but…. with the cross-selling does the owner share in any of the proceeds, I'm going to review all my name for possible entry, however is it a absolute requisite that the names be populated, a lot of mine aren't.
    This may actually spur a lot of registrations.
    Cees

[size]
    Cross-selling will share the proceeds between the owner and the seller. The owner sets the commission to pay back to the seller. The seller must have an account with Telmasters (Telidentity). Telidentity will keep track of who owes what to whom and it will be up to the owner to send a paypal payment to the seller. Both will have a log of sales. Hopefully not a buck or two at a time.

Domains should be populated at least with information on how to request an identity. The link should be to Telidentity.com which will then detect referer as a .tel domain and bring up a form to request an identity (this is on my todo list).

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 24784)
    I have (a lot of) domains that am holding off transferring to telnames. Will .tel email identity service work for telnames hosted .tels mark?
    The control panel of telnames does have the mx facility, but you said once before that telmasters was not approved for telnames?

[size]
    Not correct. Identity works with Telnames. Telnames has MX email record control in Settings at top right of dashboard. I use it at www.identities.tel but the only differences are a) no subdomain identities of course, and b) since there is no SOAP API for Telnames, the MX record must be set manually first (see my FAQ).

Mark[/size]

boracay.tel07-03-2012 02:23 AM

Those of us with telnames .tels

Here's what to do...

"Set the email server host name to "forwarder.telmasters.com." with a priority of 20. You must include the ending period "."

Thank you mark.
    Great community support (10mins for a response)

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 24787)
    Those of us with telnames .tels
    "Set the email server host name to "forwarder.telmasters.com." with a priority of 20. You must include the ending period "."

[size]
    And then at Telidentity.com, login, goto to Identities -> Add New Identity. Once an identity is created, then the forwarder will work for the identity@yourdomainname.telforwarding to a customer or "ugly" email address.

Mark[/size]

tony mayo07-03-2012 12:11 PM

Looking forward to getting involved.

teltheworld07-03-2012 01:22 PM

What happens when the Customer responds in reply?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24788)
    And then at Telidentity.com, login, goto to Identities -> Add New Identity. Once an identity is created, then the forwarder will work for theidentity@yourdomainname.tel forwarding to a customer or "ugly" email address.

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark

While this may be obvious to others:

Customer uses Their new (Telidentity Address) which forwards to their "ugly" email address but what happens when the Customer sends a reply.

Does the recipient get a reply from the nice new shiny Telidentity address or does the recipient get a reply from the "ugly" email address?[/size]

Simon G07-03-2012 03:32 PM

Mark another question.
    Would you be able to clarify how the split of proceeds work please. 
    Ie if I list my domain on telidentity.
    some one else sells a telidentity and your service provides it.
    What would I get?
    What would the seller get?
    What would you the service provider get?

I think it is a good idea, but would suggest .tel owners reserve specific addresses for there own use, ie sales,info,contact to avoid misunderstandings and potential for fraud.
    Many Thanks

Simon

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 03:50 PM

Replies are not a problem. I use both Outlook and GMail. On Outlook you can control the default reply address to be the @identity address. On Gmail, you can set your default email address using the dropdown gears menu on right side -> Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send Mail As. You verify the email address then set it as the default.
    Mark

boracay.tel07-03-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 24797)
    I think it is a good idea, but would suggest .tel owners reserve specific addresses for there own use, ie sales,info,contact to avoid misunderstandings and potential for fraud.
    Many Thanks

Simon

[size]
    Some great questions so far. 
    I'm interested in the credit system, and how that will work for those with portfolios that will likely be submitting many domains. I am sure you are really busy on this idea mark and tweaking as we go is to be expected. 
    Cheers[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 24797)
    Mark another question.
    Would you be able to clarify how the split of proceeds work please. 
    Ie if I list my domain on telidentity.
    some one else sells a telidentity and your service provides it.
    What would I get?
    What would the seller get?
    What would you the service provider get?

Many Thanks

Simon

[size]
    Still working things out but trying to keep things simple. 

The system is based on prepaid credits. I haven't set pricing yet but basically you buy a certain number of credits (they don't expire) via Paypal to Telmasters. You then can sell identities on your domain. Credits are used for transactions and can be bought in bulk for discount. As a service provider, we will receive $X per credit. As an owner, you get to charge whatever you like above our price to make your profit. We get paid up front and provide the tools and email server.

Domain owners set their pricing via a matrix that allows for a variety of fees based on generic, geo, name, length, scarcity, etc. The rarer the identity, the more you can charge. Owners also reserve names not to be sold, eg support, info, mayor, etc. Domain owners also set their commission split for referrals. 50-50, 80-20 60-40 etc.

When an end user buys an identity directly on the site (might be pocketidentity.com) the transaction goes 100% to the owner via their paypal and Telmasters/Telidentity is not involved. 100% because there is no referrer. The owner account is debited anywhere between 1-5 credits depending on type of identity (based on the matrix). Again, this is because you can charge more for certain identities and that relates to the number of credits used.

When a referral comes through a .Tel site via a link, the referring domain (owner) is included in the transaction. That domain must be part of the Telidentity pool of active and inactive domains in order to receive commission. The transaction proceeds as indicated above, except the seller's account is credited the commission amount. 

Both owners and sellers (referrers) can view their accounts to see who owes how much to whom. As planned currently (might change), it will be up to the owner to use paypal or other means to send money to the seller and clear their pending commissions. As the system becomes popular, I would like ot introduce an automatic payment system.

An email will be sent to the owner if the number of credits remaining in your account dips below 10 and you can recharge your account for future access.

Before the anniversary of the annual identity lease expiration, the lessee will be sent an email on behalf of the owner to offer renewal for another year. Renewals will be just like any other transaction, payment goes to the owner, credits are deducted. There will be provision for multi-year leases for discounts.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 24800)
    Some great questions so far. 
    I'm interested in the credit system, and how that will work for those with portfolios that will likely be submitting many domains. I am sure you are really busy on this idea mark and tweaking as we go is to be expected. 
    Cheers

[size]
    I will provide some bulk functions. Currently you can sign up at Telidentity.com and all your domains will appear in the "pool". It will be a busy few weeks getting the functions in place, eg allowing bulk MX records to be created at domain and subdomain levels, etc. Looking to feedback as it progress.

Mark[/size]

boracay.tel07-03-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24798)
    Replies are not a problem. I use both Outlook and GMail. On Outlook you can control the default reply address to be the @identity address. On Gmail, you can set your default email address using the dropdown gears menu on right side -> Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send Mail As. You verify the email address then set it as the default.
    Mark

[size]
    A huge question answered. Essential functionality (without it... was a dead end)
    This will need to be explained oh so simply though to newbies. I feel it needs a smooth automated helper through'er, er (1.2.3 etc)[/size]

teltheworld07-03-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 24794)
    Hi Mark

While this may be obvious to others:

Customer uses Their new (Telidentity Address) which forwards to their "ugly" email address but what happens when the Customer sends a reply.

Does the recipient get a reply from the nice new shiny Telidentity address or does the recipient get a reply from the "ugly" email address?

[size]
    Thanks for clearing that up Mark

The only problem I can see is if someone sold say just 'one' email address for let's say $25 if afterwards somebody made a big offer, the owner would not be able to sell it, or they could find themselves in breach of contract.

On another level: What is to stop some unscrupulous person from buying a Telidentity email address for lets say $25 (Which effectively then prevents Tld from being sold) then gets a friend to make big offer for that same Telidentity Tld.

The Telidentity email address owner (The one who paid $25) Then demands a moderate sum to be released from the contract.

The Tld owner decides to pay (because of the big offer on the table) after which the guy who made the big offer then changes their mind and pulls out, while his friend walks away with the money he got from being bought of of his contract.

Even worse if someone gives a few (or even one) of those Telidentity email addresses away, which likewise locks the Tld up for a least a year.

Even Even Even Worse does the Person who purchased the Telidentity address for say $25 have the option to keep renewing indefinitely?

Not wishing to sound cynical but I think it pays to also look at any possible downside.[/size]

teltheworld07-03-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24802)
    Still working things out but trying to keep things simple. 

The system is based on prepaid credits. I haven't set pricing yet but basically you buy a certain number of credits (they don't expire) via Paypal to Telmasters. You then can sell identities on your domain. Credits are used for transactions and can be bought in bulk for discount. As a service provider, we will receive $X per credit. As an owner, you get to charge whatever you like above our price to make your profit. We get paid up front and provide the tools and email server.

Domain owners set their pricing via a matrix that allows for a variety of fees based on generic, geo, name, length, scarcity, etc. The rarer the identity, the more you can charge. Owners also reserve names not to be sold, eg support, info, mayor, etc. Domain owners also set their commission split for referrals. 50-50, 80-20 60-40 etc.

When an end user buys an identity directly on the site (might be pocketidentity.com) the transaction goes 100% to the owner via their paypal and Telmasters/Telidentity is not involved. 100% because there is no referrer. The owner account is debited anywhere between 1-5 credits depending on type of identity (based on the matrix). Again, this is because you can charge more for certain identities and that relates to the number of credits used.

When a referral comes through a .Tel site via a link, the referring domain (owner) is included in the transaction. That domain must be part of the Telidentity pool of active and inactive domains in order to receive commission. The transaction proceeds as indicated above, except the seller's account is credited the commission amount. 

Both owners and sellers (referrers) can view their accounts to see who owes how much to whom. As planned currently (might change), it will be up to the owner to use paypal or other means to send money to the seller and clear their pending commissions. As the system becomes popular, I would like ot introduce an automatic payment system.

An email will be sent to the owner if the number of credits remaining in your account dips below 10 and you can recharge your account for future access.

Before the anniversary of the annual identity lease expiration, the lessee will be sent an email on behalf of the owner to offer renewal for another year. Renewals will be just like any other transaction, payment goes to the owner, credits are deducted. There will be provision for multi-year leases for discounts.

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark

How much are these Credits going to cost? Will it always be a requirement to hold a minimum number?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 07:23 PM

I don't have a price yet. All forum members will get a number of credits free to try the service. Then as you start selling identities, we can gauge optimum pricing. This month I will test selling business identities starting at $10 per year. So a credit could be in the range of $1-$2 with discount on bulk. Holding a minimum is a good idea because you never know when someone will want to buy an identity on one of your sites. BTW, the credits are for all sites you own, not per site.
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Tel Identity Empty Re: Tel Identity

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:20 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 24810)
    ... Not wishing to sound cynical but I think it pays to also look at any possible downside.

[size]
    You set your own Terms of Service and you could state as with leasing all websites, there would be no guarantee on continuity of a service. Your TOS could offer a partial refund. You could suggest to a new owner to maintain the service since it would be a revenue generator. Ultimately there is no guarantee and TOS have to state that.

Mark[/size]

teltheworld07-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24813)
    You set your own Terms of Service and you could state as with leasing all websites, there would be no guarantee on continuity of a service. Your TOS could offer a partial refund. You could suggest to a new owner to maintain the service since it would be a revenue generator. Ultimately there is no guarantee and TOS have to state that.

Mark

[size]
    Of course you have a right to your opinion but I wouldn't want to test that out in court, if someone signs up for an email address and the service suddenly comes to a halt, I don't think that any terms and conditions would be able to save you from 'non performance of contract'[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 24814)
    Of course you have a right to your opinion but I wouldn't want to test that out in court, if someone signs up for an email address and the service suddenly comes to a halt, I don't think that any terms and conditions would be able to save you from 'non performance of contract'

[size]
    Each owner has to come to terms with what they want to offer to their subscribers in such events. My own TOS would state they would be entitled to a partial refund. Besides, they are not losing their original email address, just the forwarder.
    Mark[/size]

teltheworld07-03-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24812)
    I don't have a price yet. All forum members will get a number of credits free to try the service. Then as you start selling identities, we can gauge optimum pricing. This month I will test selling business identities starting at $10 per year. So a credit could be in the range of $1-$2 with discount on bulk. Holding a minimum is a good idea because you never know when someone will want to buy an identity on one of your sites. BTW, the credits are for all sites you own, not per site.
    Mark

[size]
    Ok Mark Thanks

Any plans to publish the number that get sold? (obviously without revealing identities)[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-03-2012 07:49 PM

Not at the moment. I could have an option for the domain owner to post public statistics of # identities leased, both direct and by cross-sale.
    Mark

aliencafe07-03-2012 08:00 PM

To add in my 2 cents here:

I wouldn't worry about all the legalities too much, promote and sell identities and support Mark as much as possible. If and when the demand is high enough these minor issues can be worked out as the concept progresses.

Simon G07-03-2012 09:33 PM

Thanks for the comprehensive reply re revenues Mark.
    Have to say its a great idea.

teltheworld07-04-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24817)
    Not at the moment. I could have an option for the domain owner to post public statistics of # identities leased, both direct and by cross-sale.
    Mark

[size]
    Lets just hope it works out Mark I think you have done a great job![/size]

tony mayo07-04-2012 10:30 AM

I came across this article last night which makes interesting reading and explains the idea behind Chicago.com's @Identity. 

It looks like this guy also plans to pool geo domains with other big time domainers. I was also delighted to read that he also sees huge potential in selling sub-domains. 

I don't think we can under estimate the task of selling email addresses when they are freely available, but if Chicago.com and its associates begin to attract businesses and individual executives this could really take off and with our collective geos and keywords we are ideally placed to tap into this market.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-04-2012 01:13 PM

@tony That's a very good description for the identity concept. It could well be the new way of selling services at generic domains. As I said before, the power of .tel identities lies in the pool of generic and geo domains we own and can share via cross-selling. No other body can produce the same amount of generic power that we already hold. The potential is there.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-04-2012 01:18 PM

Back to the Canadian.me contest and the potential of identities. It's been a slow start but more than 100 people have registered for their free identities. 

I'm changing the way the landing page will work so that it is a totally different offering from the like of about.me which also has email identities and landing pages. Instead of having static content, the content will be derived LIVE from an associated .tel domain. The benefit will be an extra link but more so could promote .Tel in a different manner. I will encourage members to purchase a .Tel domain to store all their social media and/or business contacts. I will do the same with some other .me properties like USAmerican.me, Coolest.me, Trinidadian.me etc. 

Mark

supercyberheroes07-04-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24832)
    @tony That's a very good description for the identity concept. It could well be the new way of selling services at generic domains. As I said before, the power of .tel identities lies in the pool of generic and geo domains we own and can share via cross-selling. No other body can produce the same amount of generic power that we already hold. The potential is there.
    Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark how exactly we can do cross-selling, I have some good geo name - Colombian cities and generic like restaurante (restaurant), do we need sister site to sell them?

Regards
    http://ideal.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

tony mayo07-04-2012 02:33 PM

Another question Mark. Is telidentity.com, limited to tel domains or can we include other tlds too?

teltheworld07-04-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark

I want to try an experiment to send and receive email using a Tld or Tel Tld from my Web mail account with Yahoo.

The Tld in question is with DM would I have to purchase one of 'their' Mail Boxes in order to do so? and is there any advantage either way?

I have already set the Tld up to send email to my Web mail account (ie my ugly address) but I want to be able to send it back (with my new shiny address)

Do you know if I have to put in the address of DM's Web Server? if so would you happen to know what that is.

Many Thanks[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-04-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 24839)
    Hi Mark

I want to try an experiment to send and receive email using a Tld or Tel Tld from my Web mail account with Yahoo.

The Tld in question is with DM would I have to purchase one of 'their' Mail Boxes in order to do so? and is there any advantage either way?

I have already set the Tld up to send email to my Web mail account (ie my ugly address) but I want to be able to send it back (with my new shiny address)

Do you know if I have to put in the address of DM's Web Server? if so would you happen to know what that is.

Many Thanks

[size]
    I used DM a long time ago, and had to specify the MX record to their EMAIL server. But I no longer have that account there so don't know what it is. However, there was nothing to purchase. With Telidentity, it's automated, builds the database record and adds MX to forwarder.telmasters.com. 

Mark[/size]

teltheworld07-04-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24840)
    I used DM a long time ago, and had to specify the MX record to their EMAIL server. But I no longer have that account there so don't know what it is. However, there was nothing to purchase. With Telidentity, it's automated, builds the database record and adds MX to forwarder.telmasters.com. 

Mark

[size]
    Thanks Mark cant wait till you get it rolling![/size]

teltheworld07-04-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark

Are there any geo domains you are not allowed to register?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-13-2012 04:31 PM

@chicago plays into TEL@Identities

Here's an email today about identities @ power.com, 

Chicago drops directory for email, Power.com launches with @Identity service
    by Andrew Allemann 

Chicago.com no longer a directory; owner also powering new email service at Power.com.
    This morning I read an article by Robin Wauters lampooning Power.com, which offers an @Power.com email address and subdomains for a very steep price. 

The site immediately reminded me of Chicago.com and its personalized @chicago.com email addresses. Indeed, Power.com is "powered" by @Identity, a company formed by Chicago.com owner Josh Metnick and Thought Convergence's Ammar Kubba.

As I looked into this story I went to Chicago.com and was surprised to be forwarded to identity.chicago.com -- a page pitching @Chicago.com email addresses.
    The Chicago directory is gone. Or at least hidden. Metnick is going all in with email addresses. 

He's had some success selling these addresses, and I guess it makes more money than the Chicago.com directory. (I've reached out to Metnick for comment.)
    But I think selling @Chicago.com addresses is very different from @Power.com. I certainly wouldn't expect an @power email address to sell for more than @chicago.
    When Robin checked Robin@power.com, he was quoted $7,576 for a five year term. Robin@chicago.com is (a still steep) $749 per year.

As you can tell from the comments to Robin's story, it's not easy to convince people they should pay for a vanity email address. There are plenty of vanity email address for free or at a very low cost. 

I reached out to the whois contact on Power.com, Leigh Power. His company Power Assist, Inc. has owned the domain since 1992. 

He said the pricing is by design.
    "This is obviously designed to be for a rather exclusive group of people," he said. "I don't think the person that goes for a free email at Gmail will go out for it. We hope there's a small group of folks who will be interested."

The venture is being run by Scott Smith (yes the same Scott at Telmasters), a Canadian entrepreneur (and DNForum member). Smith tried to broker the Power.com domain last year to no avail. I'm chatting with him later today and will update this story.
    With regards to vanity email services in general, I imagine customers will be concerned with who actually owns their email address. If you're a business customer using an @Chicago.com address, what happens if Chicago.com suddenly shuts down? 

Selfishly, I'd love to see this form of domain monetization take off. But you can call me a skeptic (at least at these prices). I'm glad other people are trying it instead of me.

Andrew Allemann | July 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

Note that the @power.com target audience is high net worth individuals (ie millionaires and up) and power and energy companies. I am not involved with power.com, but the idea sure did get TELidentities underway.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-13-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 24845)
    Hi Mark

Are there any geo domains you are not allowed to register?

[size]
    Sorry missed your question. I'd say no unless you find a place trademarked and even then that's a stretch. Usually they trademark town + country. 

Mark[/size]

Simon G07-13-2012 06:25 PM

look forward to hearing scotts thoughts.
    Must say I far prefer the idea of providing many at a lower price than a couple of handfuls at a higher price.
    on that note have you got a limit to email addresses you can serve on each .tel? I know i'm getting ahead of myself but quite interested to know if there is a limit and whether you have thought of the option of bundling an mailbox service with the tel identity?

- on a different note teltheworlds question reminded me of a curious case with paris and trademarks. 
    http://domainnamewire.com/2009/12/14...ing-to-a-head/

It looks like trademarking citys geos is not very effective.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-13-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 25002)
    on that note have you got a limit to email addresses you can serve on each .tel? I know i'm getting ahead of myself but quite interested to know if there is a limit and whether you have thought of the option of bundling an mailbox service with the tel identity?

[size]
    The database can handle virtually unlimited email addresses. The only constraint would be the amount of memory required by the server. But when we get there, we'll be able to handle the volume.

As far as mailbox service, don't want to get into that at all.

Mark[/size]

dutchstreetdog07-13-2012 09:38 PM

Is all this about DotTel ?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-13-2012 10:51 PM

@dutch yes www.TELidentity.com
    Mark

dutchstreetdog07-13-2012 11:24 PM

Ok intresting
    The onley thing is i was checking my 300 dottels
    and think there is not one fit for the project
    Men men somtimes i think i have bought 300 crazy names
    alcapone@encrypted.tel
    visit@auschwitz.tel
    I never new there was money in emails

dutchstreetdog07-13-2012 11:43 PM

Can you also use folders?
    Like encrypted.email.tel
    O no stupid question
    Thats the whole secret owning the one And onley name
    I like to sell encrypted email adresses can you keep the Messages secret ?!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-13-2012 11:47 PM

@dutch, for sure. That's one of the advantages of subdomain level identities. Works well with generic domains. dutch@x.email.tel barb@holland.email.tel
    Basic functionality is working at www.TELidentity.com and you have 12 free credits already.
    Mark

teltheworld07-13-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24999)
    Sorry missed your question. I'd say no unless you find a place trademarked and even then that's a stretch. Usually they trademark town + country. 

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark

If You own a Geo which is doing nothing because you are intending to use it in combination with your email idea.

What would be the best thing to do in order to try and safe guard yourself against any accusations of registering in 'bad faith' ie not using it.

In other words is their any way that a Forum owner could just claim they are using their Geo as their email address, even though the Geo may not have any Content?[/size]

dutchstreetdog07-14-2012 12:07 AM

Oh
    Lets say i own encrypted
    Then i want to Make a folder called "email"
    That would bey email.encrypted.tel
    How would a custom emailadres look for this teldomain WITH folder ?!
    encrypted@email.tel
    email@encrypted.tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-14-2012 12:07 AM

I still don't believe there is a problem with a generic geo domain name. However, I'd recommend throwing some content on it, put some links to municipal offices, be helpful to the community. @mayo is doing a fabulous job on his Irish county domains with content and links. For identities, start putting some common language on them related to identities, eg like at 705.tel, financial.tel, mohawk.tel etc
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-14-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 25010)
    Oh
    Lets say i own encrypted
    Then i want to Make a folder called "email"
    That would bey email.encrypted.tel
    How would a custom emailadres look for this teldomain WITH folder ?!
    encrypted@email.tel
    email@encrypted.tel

[size]
    they would look like ...

dutch@email.encrypted.tel
    barb@email.encrypted.tel
    JK@email.encrypted.tel
    etc

Is that what you mean ?

Mark[/size]

dutchstreetdog07-14-2012 12:27 AM

Ok yes thats what i mean 
    So the possebilleties are endless
    And you can even put a 3th 4th etc etc folder, all with there own custom email adresses
    WAUW
    Strange you didnt think of this before
    When didt your light go on, after the story of the dutchman on the little island with the .TK domains
    If people are willing to pay for emailadresses you can become rich with the right names
    I was checking email related domains but see you segured every posseble possebilety

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-14-2012 12:50 AM

Well please try out www.TELidentity.com with your Telmasters login. You already have 12 free credits to try it out. It's still a work in progress, but you can actually get these emails to work right now and real easy to do.
    Mark

dutchstreetdog07-14-2012 01:41 AM

Its 3 a clock in the night, but first thing tommorow
    Thank you mark !

supercyberheroes07-14-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 25016)
    Its 3 a clock in the night, but first thing tommorow
    Thank you mark !

[size]
    I am thinking quite about telidentity, I strong believe geo could do better than others, following by generic, I check some latin yellow directories and ads in newspaper I was amazing to see that around 50 to 60 % (all small business) use gmail, or hotmail as contact like: Chineserestaurant@hotmail.com, and I said: that business will be my target.
    how good will be chinese@restaurant.tel

My question to Mark is: the price I prefer 2000 customers to charge $20 and not 100 customers to charge $200.

If more people use my telidentity the better: can you image 2000 emails traveling around the world with my .tel business identity is a free ads that multiple by 2000, and people will get aware that .tel exists, so I get benefit, Mark get benefit and all other .tel businesses colleague get benefit too. 

regards
    http://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-14-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 25018)

My question to Mark is: the price I prefer 2000 customers to charge $20 and not 100 customers to charge $200.

If more people use my telidentity the better: can you image 2000 emails traveling around the world with my .tel business identity is a free ads that multiple by 2000, and people will get aware that .tel exists, so I get benefit, Mark get benefit and all other .tel businesses colleague get benefit too. 

regards
    http://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://ideal.tel

[size]
    That's the whole idea about sharing. We all benefit through awareness. The price isn't fixed, as you get a whole pricing matrix to play with. Same with commission split between owner and seller (Telmasters doesn't get a cut.) 

Mark[/size]

TelRise07-19-2012 04:10 PM

Here's a couple of related sites I came across offering lucky number tel emails at different tiered prices; http://52088.tel/ and http://www.fortuneemail.com/ I have no idea how well it's doing, but at least the idea is spreading.

Simon G07-19-2012 04:49 PM

Was in contact with someone today who has namely.pro similar kind of idea so there's certainly people
    With the same idea. Hopefully it spreads.

dutchstreetdog07-20-2012 12:35 AM

@mark
    Well i was looking at the new email site, but it makes mi afraid
    I see somuch info And dont now were to start
    Cant you make à (Lets say) 5 step system to submit
    Mabey its because of mi but when i read two lines i am drained empty
    I would like to start with my Sexgids And Scheveningen

dutchstreetdog07-20-2012 12:40 AM

Its more then a dictionaire to read
    Skip all those info And just make 3 to 5 boxes for people to start upp
    Later we see about commision And all those other complicated info
    Just 3 to 5 boxes to start upp
    I Whent to FAQ
    Men men men do you excpect people to read all this stuff?!
    Your idear is Great but in my opinion you make it muchhhhh to complicated

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-20-2012 12:54 AM

@dutch, which part? the FAQ? if so, that's not to read in it's entirety just yet.
    If you want to get started, you read 
    How do I add my domains for @Identity email leasing? \

However, I see your point. I need a quick start wizard. But actually once you login, all your domains will already show up, you just need to start with one and set it up.

But will provide guidance soon,
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

dutchstreetdog07-20-2012 01:08 AM

Pricing matrix?!
    I think of The film the matrix science fiction stuff!
    Well i realy shout not make people crazy with all that

Make one simple menu with fixed prices And no adjustments for people
    just "submit domain you want to lease" And ready, no more info no more nothing!

And one menu for advanced "Bill Gates" like people with all options to set prices And god nows what
    You need harvard university to give out a domain And set prices 

I bet 99% of people go for the first option And see what happens later 
    ( Howmuch the urn And Howmuch commision )
    Thank you TelMaster :-)

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-20-2012 02:00 AM

You set a default, then you set specific prices. Why sell lawyer@holland.tel at same price as dutchstreetdog@holland.tel ? You have to charge more for premium identities. But then again you can set your pricing same for all. Gives you complete flexibility. I am all about being flexible. Now it is in your control how you set prices.
    Mark

boracay.tel07-20-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 25013)
    I was checking email related domains but see you segured every posseble possebilety

[size]
    "email@dutchstreetdog.tel"

email@ the premium email address to lease? Or a system level keeper?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-26-2012 04:59 PM

TELidentity FAQ in Spanish

I'd like to offer my personal thanks to Hector @supercyberheroes for translating the TELidentity FAQ into Spanish. This truly is a community project with benefits for all .Tel owners, including TelNames.
    Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 9:45 pm