The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Multi User

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Multi User    Empty Multi User

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:12 am

koksalgenc03-06-2010 05:13 PM

Multi User

it is possible to multi users add their contact information and modify their own subdomain?

mactel03-06-2010 05:24 PM

Possibly within "TelFriends", the privacy section of your .tel domain:
    Every "Friend" gets his own access details. But I am not sure, about multi-user-modifying, within TelFriends...

But if you would provide people with the same userword and password of one of your .tel domains, they could modify their own subdomain within that domain. (I think, per .tel domain name, one can get two different access details (owner and second user).)

I hope, this helps.

koksalgenc03-06-2010 06:07 PM

for example, each restaurant owner could create their sub-sub domain and modify it just like a marke

for example, each restaurant owner could create their sub-sub domain and modify it just like a marketplace sites...

mactel03-06-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koksalgenc (Post 6280)
    for example, each restaurant owner could create their sub-sub domain and modify it just like a marketplace sites...

[size]
    I understand, you want to have a directory for restaurants (,etc,).
    Actually, it would be better, that you or a other webmaster populates the directory subdomains, all by your self.
    In that case, I would just give the owners of the restaurants your email address, and collect their contact information and text, so that you can make a few directory entries at the same time. 

You could then email them back, and confirm their directory entry, as soon as you have done it.

If you do the directory your self, you can make it look uniform, and can make the subdomain names short (by moving the folders / subdomains). It will probably look much better, than if you let each leasing partner do their own entry.

Basically, you idea is a good one. But it is not very likely, to be possible at present. Maybe sometime in the future. Otherwise, you might want to send a request and suggestion to the registry, and ask them, if there might possibly be a solution. Other users, are also welcome to post their thoughts and ideas or solutions.

On the other hand, each restaurant owner could have their own .tel domain, where they can update their contact information their self. And you could just consolidate all those .tel domains into one big directory. 

I think there is a good directory in Lebanon, you could look at, and take a example. Let me see....
    Here you are:
    http://lebanonrestaurants.tel/
    Source:
    http://talfen.net/
    .[/size]

pareshshah03-06-2010 07:14 PM

Multi User

Hello koksalgenc, 

Actually I raised this issue many time, but, I still don’t get any result.Logically our arguments for username and password for second user is quite genuine. As, for, example, I own a domain name travelagent.tel and, if I wish to develop this site by my own I need at least more than ten years. How? One needs at least 30 to 45 minutes for one complete listing. So a single person works 12 hours daily, he can only manage just 16 to 19 listing a day. 

This is a very humble request to telnic and to fellow developer also that, such third party apps are really necessary, not only for just our growth but , it’s, as well as, take Dot Tel at new height. Good Luck.

Thanks 
    Paresh shah.
    www.helpline.tel www.leads.telwww.marriage.tel

JLouisBiz03-06-2010 10:59 PM

By using API, it is possible to make a software, which by some condition, such as: payment or member login, gives your clients possibility to enter their details into YOUR database, and your program can then enter their details into your domain on the right place.

Not a hard thing to do, such software will soon appear from various companies. That is my prediction.

I have that almost finished, but it is only for internal company usage. Yet.

dottel03-07-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6299)
    such software will soon appear from various companies. That is my prediction.

[size]
    this has been expected and predicted by many others here earlier but the question comes is the price.. 

Unless it is free/opensource or tagged at ££ not many would be interested..[/size]

pareshshah03-07-2010 03:28 AM

Hello ,

Thank you J louis. We does not have any technical expertise. We are looking foreword for such application.

I already contacted to Telcp ( Telnic Member ) for above stated requirements.

Can you provide us you your software which you are making it for your internal use ? ( I don't know should i ask you like ?)

Request you to email me at info@helpline.tel.

Thanks 
    Paresh shah

JLouisBiz03-07-2010 01:52 PM

I have sent e-mail to you with the offer.

If we make it with our tempo and maybe, only maybe, release it for free, than it is free.

And if we are making it by the order, it has some fee.

pareshshah03-07-2010 02:30 PM

Hello John , 

Thanks for your e-mail . I wants the simple application for second user who can updates all and every features of Dot Tel by his own. 

I mean , some of my potential client can manage and update all types of contact information with their user name and password just like we can update and manage our all personal details at yahoo or facebook. 

Please mail me a demo and price for the service.

Thanks 

Paresh shah

TELcp03-07-2010 05:22 PM

@koksalgenc
    @pareshshah

A software script to manage multiusers, based on the present TELcp script (with lot of modifications) will be available sometime during the month of April. This system is already developed and still going through inhouse testing. With this system, .TEL owners will not need to give away their CTH usernames and passwords, thus adhering to Telnic's AUP. 
    Trial versions (with limited number of users fo any single .TEL domain) will be FREE for a limited period. Prices for paid versions will depend on number of users. Prices not yet finalized, but will be very moderate. Stay tuned to www.TELcp.com orwww.TELuser.com for more information.

Regards.

steved197503-11-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6299)
    By using API, it is possible to make a software, which by some condition, such as: payment or member login, gives your clients possibility to enter their details into YOUR database, and your program can then enter their details into your domain on the right place.

Not a hard thing to do, such software will soon appear from various companies. That is my prediction.

I have that almost finished, but it is only for internal company usage. Yet.

[size]
    Right... except that it would still be illegal / in a legal-grey-area... Telnic, puleeeeze take the time to redo your AUP while you're at it![/size]

JLouisBiz03-11-2010 06:33 AM

That way of people registering on TEL is not illegal and not in breach of registrar agreement, because in that case people do give their express permission, they click and agree, even make a payment.

I think 10 dollars per entry per year is some good price. Because you will get people sometimes come to your directory, and if you offer them good price for the entry, why not. They might get impression to get some new visitors that way. And it is also nice link building strategy anyway.

But it is good to offer them not just an entry but also advertising on the same page, because it is not same when you have just a link and link with title -- which advertising offers.

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 12:48 am