The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Development of Telpages.com

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Development of Telpages.com Empty Development of Telpages.com

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:39 am

Jens05-08-2011 06:32 PM

Development of Telpages.com

Obsolescent

mikeseaton05-08-2011 07:04 PM

Promotion of TelPages.com

There needs to be more promotion of TelPages.com - visitors to http://Telnic.org are not made aware of its existence - Nadya was very receptive to comments made by myself and Mark re this matter at http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1981 so hopefully there will be more visibilty to TelPages.com soon.

Mike Seaton

telrific05-08-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 14590)
    I don't agree completely ...
    Therefore I see the enhancement of the product as the first priority!

[size]
    I agree, TelPages.com is not the product it needs to be to get accepted today.

The directory concept is, but like the .tel page itself, it's simply not there yet.

I have been the loudest advocate that the "one place for all .tel's" is as critical
    as the "one place for all your addresses", but neither has the quality necessary yet,
    even after two years+.

The roadmap shows the right direction, but we've seen the "right direction" since late 2008
    when Telnic advertised .tel to begin with. The first two points of .TEL and .TEL Global Directory 
    got many to bite, but after that and the disclosure of the actual product, well, "enough said" there.

This still doesn't mean it's not just as good as the promotion in concept, it's just not there yet !

If you pick up a Phonebook, .TEL is a better listing, but TelPages is not a better directory.

.TEL is only a better listing today, as hiv-testing.tel and van.tel shows this.

But, PeoplePlace.tel is a better directory than TelPages.com is just on the "WhitePages" side, so we need more there.

PeoplePlace of course is not a replacement for anything, just an actual directory of greater value than TelPages at this point.

TelPages needs more, .TEL needs more, the right direction is conveyed and followed through 
    enough to keep you strung along, but does it end with success, or too little too late ?

:confused:[/size]

Blunderer05-11-2011 01:45 PM

I think TelPages would have a chance of becoming popular if owners included the search function in their .tel sites, or at least a reference to it.

telrific05-11-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 14610)
    Microsoft spent 100 million USD (!) for marketing and had high developing costs of Bing.
    After years of effort Bing reached a market share of 12 % for search engines.

[size]
    And then there's Facebook, spent nearly nothing, but had a clue how to put it together well.

;)[/size]

telrific05-11-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 14661)
    That's true: the 1,24 billion USD investment costs of Facebook are nearly nothing! Peanuts!

So what we have to worry about the competition of Telnic against Facebook?

[size]
    That was taking a successful page and directory and making it a bigger, better one.

Bing was about coming out with a bigger, better one than Google to start.

.TEL and TelPages is different, so it has the ability to be small success, then bigger, like Facebook.

Mark Zuckerberg and his friends spent nearly nothing to be a small success, then went big. .TEL and TelPages had/has the ability to do the same.

They don't have to be like Bing is all, they can be like Facebook first.

****clarification****

If a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 lowest, 10 highest:

Google is level 9, then Bing talks like level 10 and spends big money to try and be 10
    Facebook is level 1, then talks level 2, people convince them and give them money to try and be a 10

.TEL and TelPages is unknown level, talks like level 10 over Yellow/WhitePages, comes out at level zero, now at level 1-2

Should've went with Facebook approach ![/size]

spline05-12-2011 12:24 PM

Since there are waay to few .teldomains developed there is no need to focus on .telpages more other than fixing the major issues, better indexing. Maybe add an image next to each search result.

People will not search when there is nothing to find compared to the billions of other sites.

telrific05-12-2011 01:54 PM

Actually, just like Facebook, it doesn't matter how many Pages exist for a directory to be browsed and successful.

If I am just looking at other Pages to determine my interest in having my own, it doesn't take many at all.

I can have just a few thousand TelPages showing interesting People and Businesses, 
    and then it grows as more People want one, just like with PeoplePlace.tel and Van.tel

You still have a Directory and thousands of Pages involved, it doesn't have to be a Google or YellowPages,
    and it doesn't have to functional for a specific purpose.

In other words, PeoplePlace.tel is just like Facebook's directory was, and is.

If "I love my .tel" I can have a great Directory without being Google or YellowPages, but what I would
    NEVER do is just leave it out there by itself, scattered among Billions of Websites for comparison.

Imagine if Facebook had tried to launch itself as a page that is competition to Websites as a web presence,
    and NO directory for browsing in a sea of websites on Google .... DISASTER !

It should be a "I love my facebook page" and viewable among other examples in the "Facebook directory".
    this is why PeoplePlace.tel is so much better than TelPages until a "1 or 2" becomes more !

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 2:23 pm