The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

How best to integrate/ interface with Google's emerging products and services

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

How best to integrate/ interface with Google's emerging products and services Empty How best to integrate/ interface with Google's emerging products and services

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:00 am

Gibran05-14-2012 07:27 PM

How best to integrate/ interface with Google's emerging products and services

Have you seen this?
    http://goo.gl/Ns2CN

Google has teamed up with DudaMOBILE: 

Q. How does this impact (negatively or positively) on TEL?

I think we should be looking at best ways to integrate Google's Duda and Mobilize etc with TEL

dialaroom05-14-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 23579)
    Have you seen this?
    http://goo.gl/Ns2CN

Google has teamed up with DudaMOBILE: 

Q. How does this impact (negatively or positively) on TEL?

I think we should be looking at best ways to integrate Google's Duda and Mobilize etc with TEL

[size]
    There are quite a few "make mobile friendly version of your web site" websites. This is a good one, not seen it before, not sure it's worth $100 a year.

However, why would we want to integrate it with .tel. Don't think it will have any negative effects on .tel. Just shows once more, what great value the real .tel (not the silly one page thing) is.

By the way tried one of my .tels out with it, looks nearly as good as the real thing does on a mobile.:)[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-14-2012 09:12 PM

Yes I tried one of mine. Automatically picks up all the links and contact records. Almost as if they recognized .tel. But with the long url, gomo is a nogo. http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/yrk
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-14-2012 09:17 PM

Now I see why they have the long URL. You have to add JS code to your main .com (etc) domain to redirect it to the mobile version. Cool way of doing it, they detect your device and send you the mobile site. Nothing for us Telstronauts here.
    Mark

Gibran05-14-2012 09:31 PM

Agree on the integration note. Wrong choice of words. 
    Just wondering... If Google finds Duda attractive enough to acquire it, it should find TEL even more attractive... especially with the power of the subdomains

mikeseaton05-14-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 23585)
    If Google finds Duda attractive enough to acquire it, it should find TEL even more attractive... especially with the power of the subdomains

[size]
    I wonder what price would be an "offer they can't refuse" for Google (or other major internet player) to acquire Telnic the registry, leaving Telnames the "sub-registrar" for Kash and friends still to play with ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Blunderer05-14-2012 10:11 PM

Useful for supporting .tel sales pitches. Run your site through the speed/utility test - take a screenshot of the result (your tel and speed meter) - download and save the report ----- brandish in the face of any doubting Thomas' and point out that by Google's standards .tels are top of the chart for download speed = cheaper mobile charges

Geo05-16-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibran (Post 23585)
    Agree on the integration note. Wrong choice of words. 
    Just wondering... If Google finds Duda attractive enough to acquire it, it should find TEL even more attractive... especially with the power of the subdomains

[size]
    Be careful what you wish for... Google also has a habit of buying upstarts and shelving them. Frankly, I'd like to see a more even playing field instead of just a few giants, with Google looking more and more like a monopoly every passing day. Look how Telnic already depends on G for its Adsense offering as well as G's good graces in terms of search engine love. It's kind of scary the power G has now. I was happy when Admob came along, and then that too was bought up by G. G had been one of the founding supporters of .mobi, but they never let that one go anywhere really. Also don't be fooled by offers of generosity from giants - it's like foreign aid by World Bank to developing nations.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 11:59 pm