The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Geo Ads

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Geo Ads      Empty Geo Ads

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:00 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-23-2012 02:24 PM

Geo Ads

Wishing Telnic could integrate some geo awareness into Tels ...
    http://www.mediapost.com/publication...?edition=47187

Sunil and I do this with banners, but having a tight integration would be cool.
    Thoughts?
    Mark

mikeseaton05-23-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23973)
    Wishing Telnic could integrate some geo awareness into Tels...

[size]
    I got the impression that was one of the key ideas Telnic wanted to happen, before virtually all development work stopped on the Telnic templates, revised control panel, etc, etc, that were part of the now discontinued roadmap.

I just don't think there is any significant further development planned for Telnic templates - not even to catch up for the "lost year".

It's all about the Telnames style now - just about all Telnic staff have switched their .tels to the Telnames format - and it would not surprise me at all if the Telnic registry was sold within the next 12-18 months (there are buyers out there currently buying up minor TLDs).

So the best we can hope for IMO is for the Telnames template to have a subdomain option - it would certainly keep a lot of forum members on-board !

But do we matter any more to Telnic/Telnames ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

dialaroom05-23-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23987)

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Just have to wait for June newsletter, let's hope it proves our worst fears wrong.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-23-2012 08:08 PM

I'd like to hear from Telnic that we, as stalwart owners and developers, really matter, that Telnic listens to our concerns and acts upon them in a jointly rewarding manner.
    Mark

mikeseaton05-23-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23987)

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 23988)
    Just have to wait for June newsletter, let's hope it proves our worst fears wrong.

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23992)
    I'd like to hear from Telnic that we, as stalwart owners and developers, really matter, that Telnic listens to our concerns and acts upon them in a jointly rewarding manner.

[size]
    If no response is received, or the response is negative,

Will The Last Person To Leave The .Tel Project Please Turn Out The Lights !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-23-2012 08:21 PM

Depending on where you are sitting, the lights might seem dim already.
    Mark

telrific05-24-2012 02:57 AM

I have integrated Geo Targeting with the AdFlix program, if that is realized, with radius feature.

Basically, it's a "Commission Junction meets Google Adwords/Adsense Program"

1. Advertiser .TEL Owners may join to be shown on other .TEL owner pages.
    2. Publisher .TEL Owners may choose which they would like to Show on their pages.

3. Image Banner Ads For Desktop Positions and Mobile Positions.
    4. Video Banner Ads May Be Shown in the 250x250 Desktop Position.

Commission Junction and Google charge and Pay Per Click, Lead, Sale, Call, etc.

AdFlix will simply charge Advertisers for Impressions and pay Publishers for Impressions.
    AdFlix shows statistics so tracking of Impressions may be viewed.
    .TEL's using Analytics by Google will have 3rd party verification of data, plus clicks, etc.

Advertisers and Publishers can basically target their "area" and show vertical support.

For example:

London based operators of .TEL's can all show each other on each other's .TEL's for community driven .TEL use and success !

www.adflix.com is where the full website is to reside.

www.adflix.com/bannerrotation shows how banners rotate randomly for banner ads, various examples for effect in the 250x250 spot.
    www.adflix.com/videorotation shows how video banners rotate randomly for video ads, same spot examples.

Advertisers can submit any variety, Publishers can choose to show anyone and/or any combination.

Pay structure for disclosure:

Advertisers pay only $1 cpm or $1 for every one thousand impressions displayed on other .TEL's
    Publishers get paid 1/2 of that, or $0.50 per thousand impressions they display on their .TEL's
    Platform Server Company gets paid $0.40 per thousand impressions.
    AdFlix gets paid only $0.10 per thousand impressions to service and coordinate program.

VERY low cost, high return opportunity for .TEL Community driven Program.

:cool:

dottel.net05-24-2012 10:16 AM

we're doing something very similar with a good inventory and traffic stats to boot.
    however, roadblock so far is still actually finding those paying advertisers willing to part with $1 cpm.

are you saying the platform server company already has the ad buyers lined up?

telrific05-24-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 24006)
    we're doing something very similar with a good inventory and traffic stats to boot.
    however, roadblock so far is still actually finding those paying advertisers willing to part with $1 cpm.

are you saying the platform server company already has the ad buyers lined up?

[size]
    No, not at all, this is a .TEL community driven effort, there shouldn't be any room to open it up to the platform.

If you look at what was done by Gibran >> here <<

Now, the Mechanic is left alone with his .TEL page like "CakeInABox" was, and got something better next year, a whole website for free.

No reason to own a .TEL if you have a Website, no community, nothing for vertical support locally, nothing to keep you involved.

So, to follow up with a platform where the Mechanic can create an Ad for his .TEL and let
    him know that there is a list of other .TEL owner's in Town willing to provide reciprocal Advertising and Publishing is very helpful to renewals.

If you're a Restaurant in his town, you may want to Advertise on his page, and vice-versa.

The ability to choose who, what, why, where, when and how is the platform value.

The whole problem with "CakeInABox" for example is "Okay, I have a .TEL, now what ? Drop it is what."

Where's the TelPages community and the Cross Advertising option locally ? There is none.

Now there is, and the video style is perfect, a direct reflection of what he may have on his .tel, or a second one for specials.

:)[/size]

dottel.net05-24-2012 11:10 AM

so back to my original question... do you have active examples of advertisers that have paid for this?
    I'm trying to gauge the appetitie here.

telrific05-24-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 24008)
    so back to my original question... do you have active examples of advertisers that have paid for this?
    I'm trying to gauge the appetitie here.

[size]
    I said, no not all, it is just being setup and would need approval by Telnic for incorporation, like the video.

The answer thereafter is - who has a .TEL in your area that might want to Advertise ?

Businesses advertise locally every day, it is the preferred place to Advertise.

Appetite is always there when there is a return, the mechanic and the restaurant in every town - with the incentive to use the .TEL locally.

I have only asked about the liklihood of use locally, so the answer here is yes, but that proves nothing elsewhere.

Of course, with the Telnames template there is no incentive, so it is a "pretty CakeInABox" that gets dropped later for a website,
    because it has no incentive to stay tied to the community of advertisers as it has no place on it's page, and TelPages is dead.

dottel.net05-24-2012 11:25 AM

ok - what i was talking about was opening it up to businesses not currently on a tel

from their perspective it doesn't matter whether its a .tel, .com or cctld as long as its good targetted traffic that could potentially convert.

that's what we're attempting to do and have all the building blocks bar a ready made sales pipeline. funny how that's often the biggest hurdle

Alex05-24-2012 11:35 AM

Telrific, .tel needs more promotion like this.

With your permission I would like to present AdFlix on my forum as well.

Thx in advance.

telrific05-24-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 24010)
    ok - what i was talking about was opening it up to businesses not currently on a tel

from their perspective it doesn't matter whether its a .tel, .com or cctld as long as its good targetted traffic that could potentially convert.

that's what we're attempting to do and have all the building blocks bar a ready made sales pipeline. funny how that's often the biggest hurdle

[size]
    Understood, I guess there's Commission Junction and Google Adsense for that, so the incentive for AdFlix is the .TEL community of local advertisers who can count on the network launching a .TEL page versus "anything" to help maintain the integrity of the Template landing we push as a safe structure across desktop and mobile devices. I'm thinking they should be more supportive and discriminate or get lost. Ideally no advertising on a .TEL or in the TelPages network would have ever left the community except through the actual .TEL page of the Advertiser or Publisher page itself, and by visitor choice. Something to count on with the structure.

Having Advertising that launches outside of TelPages structure was just another self-defeatist move.

:o[/size]

telrific05-24-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 24011)
    Telrific, .tel needs more promotion like this.

With your permission I would like to present AdFlix on my forum as well.

Thx in advance.

[size]
    Thanks, I obviously agree !

Feel free to post and talk about it, it is just a "working concept", but a powerful one.

Alex05-24-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 24013)
    Thanks, I obviously agree !

Feel free to post and talk about it, it is just a "working concept", but a powerful one.

[size]
    Thank you!

I like your idea very much and so I posted your introduction here.[/size]

telrific05-24-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 24014)
    Thank you!

I like your idea very much and so I posted your introduction here.

[size]
    Very nice.

Since many are fond of visuals, here's a pic of the concept:

http://www.adflix.com/adflix_collage.jpg

Alex05-24-2012 01:47 PM

Great; already added at TelTalk.org!

telrific05-25-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 24018)
    Great; already added at TelTalk.org!

[size]
    Thanks, hopefully we can realize this this year.

Alex05-25-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 24035)
    Thanks, hopefully we can realize this this year.

[size]
    I see you have several interesting .tel projects more.

When I have time, I will report on the new forum about them, too (sometime during the upcoming weekend).[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 9:50 pm