The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Map the viewers location too

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Map the viewers location too Empty Map the viewers location too

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:06 am

boracay.tel11-30-2012 08:57 AM

Map the viewers location too

I would love to see this implemented.
    At least discussed, and receive a conclusion one way or the other.

I am always drawing attention to the mapping tool, Henri was very kind to write code to allow us to see visually a number of resorts on a single map. He then updated it as we used it in our directories to better represent each location as a user hovered over it. All wonderful stuff.

My new request is this:
    On a single directory listings own in-line map (ie the map shown per individual resort's subdomain) could we ALSO have shown mapped the location of the viewer??? (Perhaps in orange or green marker etc) and the distance in km/miles to the relevant resort??

It would be an incredibly USEFUL addition to a directory.
    Mapping is powerful. Just need some extra data WITHIN THE .TEL PAGE (without going outside to external google windows) to be brilliant.

Thoughts?
    Cheers

dottel.net11-30-2012 12:45 PM

yes a good idea - only problem i forsee with this is accurately deducing the persons co-ordinates.

from what i researched several months ago, there was no univeral web based way to do this unless we go to html 5 but again that doesn't work across all browsers consistently.

boracay.tel11-30-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 26195)
    yes a good idea - only problem i forsee with this is accurately deducing the persons co-ordinates.

[size]
    As I've always said, just target WebKit and move along. Billions of users on WebKit.

I'm in a situation for boracay (still, even after several years of asking telnic to consider allowing us to use alternative maps engines) to be forced to create an alltogether alternative mapping solution. Boracay is a city rapidly expanding too, yet the google map is just an outright joke.

So, for boracay anyway.... I am going to use alternative map something like this and once you click on the map (right side imageAd ) it will go thru to here and that gets me something more to work with then the telnic default. I think I should be able to do some html5 (with kprobes help) to THEN plot both the resort AND the viewer.

But what about for all .tels? 
    Plotting the viewer too on the default map.
    Kprobe?[/size]

supercyberheroes11-30-2012 03:27 PM

@ boracay.tel when you go the the bottom of your site, there is some tap like home, contact us etc and if you click on it, it does not works, it goes to: Oops! Google Chrome could not find contact.boracay.tel.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel

boracay.tel11-30-2012 03:43 PM

Yep, boracay.tel is a work in progress.
    (a lot you will find broken currently)

boracay.tel12-05-2012 01:10 PM

Just took a look at the latest iOS beta. Interesting in regards to maps and Siri...

The first two betas of iOS 6.1 also featured an enhanced Map Kit framework that will allow developers to search for map-based addresses in points of interest. In one example provided to developers, users could search the term "coffee," and the system would return the location of local coffee bars along with information about each one.

This ones for the telpages search engine app? map local .tel hotels? Local .tel restaurants? ....from a .tels directory?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-05-2012 08:48 PM

Telnic could easily tie that into search box or better yet Siri if such interface is possible. Now this would requires .tel/Telnames to use local geo awareness. Would be a killer feature.
    Mark

boracay.tel01-12-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 26227)
    Telnic could easily tie that into search box.....
    Would be a killer feature.
    Mark

[size]
    Aled, do you have any comment regarding this killer feature?[/size]

Gibran01-13-2013 08:36 PM

Game Changer

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 26470)
    Aled, do you have any comment regarding this killer feature?

[size]
    This would be an absolute game changer[/size]

dutchstreetdog01-26-2013 10:27 AM

Yes Great idear !
    And a little button to get immiditaly contact with other teldomain, bey phone or chat
    Then i mean telnic own chat/call function ! No thirt party

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 12:50 am