The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

idea: How to reach people who do already know about DNS.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

idea: How to reach people who do already know about DNS. Empty idea: How to reach people who do already know about DNS.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:12 am

.tel08-24-2013 03:25 PM

idea: How to reach people who do already know about DNS.

Perhaps more importantly, you need to reach the people who do already know about DNS. 
    I taught several thousands of Cisco students in the last ten years, all these students understood how DNS works.
    The idea is to do a .tel marketing campaign together with one of the big advance IT training companies in this area like
    Fast Lane. (2013 Cisco Global Learning Partner of the Year). http://flane.tel/ or http://fastlane.tel
    campaign motto could be : “Get a free .tel domain voucher, by booking a Cisco, Netapp, VMWare, etc. class”.
    Mostly all of these students were engineers and love to play with new technologies like .tel/DNS.
    Based on my gathered experience these technical oriented students are not really interested in beautiful websites.
    So it doesn’t matter if Telnic provide templates like Telnames do. The campaign should be focused on : “dial your name”!
    Manage the DNS entries over a user friendly web interface! Enter your mobile/office number download an app, as long as no native dialer is available. And dial your .tel domain name. The campaign should be pointed out that data privacy is available in DNS, too. (over the ugly Telfriends concept…grrrr)
    I don’t know if Telnic is interested in such campaign, the investment should not be high. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I guess only the ICANN registration fee need to be paid. 
    Telnic need to sponsor the registration fee for one year per voucher. To redeemed such voucher a registrar like name.com or Telnames itself need to be gained as well.
    BTW: I know the CEO/owner of Fast Lane and could ask him, if he would support this idea. However this makes only sense if Telnic supports this idea, too.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-28-2013 12:27 AM

Go for it.
    Mark

dutchstreetdog08-28-2013 08:17 AM

The campagne should bey focused "Make your cash" !
    Those boys are always short on cash so the will love it

3500 pages for $ 6 a year !
    Onley the adsense is more then enough to pay for the domain
    And thats no rocket science :-)

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 5:56 am