The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The Power of a Tag Line

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The Power of a Tag Line Empty The Power of a Tag Line

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:21 am

mikeseaton04-13-2012 02:56 PM

The Power of a Tag Line

Anybody who has been involved in marketing will know how powerful it can be if you can get a phrase into the minds of customers that is instantly associated with your company's product or service.

These are called tag lines, are usually 3 - 7 words in length, and appear by your company's logo on all your marketing literature, adverts, web sites, etc.

Here are a couple of effective examples:

BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

TESCO - Every little helps

Obviously the tag line has to be true, but I can confirm both the above are - I have a BMW Coupe which is great fun to drive and whenever I'm near Tesco I shop there and save money on branded goods.

So based on the sales pitch made at http://www.bstartup.com/exhibitors/i...s-limited.html I would like to suggest the following tag line for Telnames:

TELNAMES - Everything you need, nothing you don't

Mike Seaton

teltheworld04-13-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 22100)
    Anybody who has been involved in marketing will know how powerful it can be if you can get a phrase into the minds of customers that is instantly associated with your company's product or service.

These are called tag lines, are usually 3 - 7 words in length, and appear by your company's logo on all your marketing literature, adverts, web sites, etc.

Here are a couple of effective examples:

BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

TESCO - Every little helps

Obviously the tag line has to be true, but I can confirm both the above are - I have a BMW Coupe which is great fun to drive and whenever I'm near Tesco I shop there and save money on branded goods.

So based on the sales pitch made at http://www.bstartup.com/exhibitors/i...s-limited.html I would like to suggest the following tag line for Telnames:

TELNAMES - Everything you need, nothing you don't

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Nice try Mike but personally I don't like it IMO the words Trip over each other

Not I might add that I can think of anything better off the top of my head (at the moment)

but maybe someone else can?

Maybe Tel should run a Competition (yes another one!) to think up the best strap line with an ipad as a prize?[/size]

telrific04-13-2012 03:50 PM

I offered to Kash in early March of 2009 ( when everyone was actually buying .tel's to be in the TelPages global directory ) a Tag Line for TelPages that would get people running in:

TelPages.com - One World, One Directory

It was well received at the time, but the Directory was non-existent, then unimpressive, and although better, is still not going to get anyone to rush in !

Today, just like day one, a good TelPages.com focus with nice templates, videos, and credible content in the results display structure, along with a tag line like that, and we can still make YP and Facebook look lame as the competition !

mikeseaton04-13-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 22105)
    Maybe Tel should run a Competition (yes another one!) to think up the best strap line with an ipad as a prize?

[size]
    Or how about 50/25/10 free domain transfers to Telnames for the Gold/Silver/Bronze winners in the competition ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

teltheworld04-13-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 22107)
    I offered to Kash in early March of 2009 ( when everyone was actually buying .tel's to be in the TelPages global directory ) a Tag Line for TelPages that would get people running in:

TelPages.com - One World, One Directory

It was well received at the time, but the Directory was non-existent, then unimpressive, and although better, is still not going to get anyone to rush in !

Today, just like day one, a good TelPages.com focus with nice templates, videos, and credible content in the results display structure, along with a tag line like that, and we can still make YP and Facebook look lame as the competition !

[size]
    Hi Telrific

I'm really not too keen on that one either as IMO a good strap line should just bounce of the tongue and with 'World' and 'One' banging into each other it doesn't really have that kind of a hook. IMO[/size]

Blunderer04-13-2012 05:18 PM

How about:

Coming soon - still

teltheworld04-13-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 22108)
    Or how about 50/25/10 free domain transfers to Telnames for the Gold/Silver/Bronze winners in the competition ?

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Better Still a discount for every .Tel that you own that you want to transfer

I'm not sure 50 would make a dent in many collectors collections.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-13-2012 06:17 PM

@telrific: yes, an updated Telpages would be a very welcome site, able to compete eventually with YP. 
    The initial effort by Henri to create it was substantial and commendable. Now Telnic needs to turn TP into a competitive powerhouse and online content brokerage. It needs a major facelift starting with ...
    1. searching of ALL content
    2. removal of unpopulated domains
    3. additional search options
    4. mini snapshots of pages
    5. contact information and map displays
    6. improved API (including instant update facility - not 10 day detection)
    7. realtime monitoring
    8. language filters
    9. ... other things I can't think of right now

Mark

TELcp04-13-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22119)
    Mark

[size]
    ....Remove all single page tel domains???[/size]

dialaroom04-13-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 22124)
    ....Remove all single page tel domains???

[size]
    Woudn't that sort of remove telnames.tel, or was that the point?[/size]

telrific04-13-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 22130)
    Woudn't that sort of remove telnames.tel, or was that the point?

[size]
    Bingo, that's the whole point to start, one page for all first !

:o[/size]

telrific04-13-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

@telrific: yes, an updated Telpages would be a very welcome site, able to compete eventually with YP. 
    The initial effort by Henri to create it was substantial and commendable. Now Telnic needs to turn TP into a competitive powerhouse and online content brokerage. It needs a major facelift starting with ...
    7. realtime monitoring
    8. language filters

Mark

[size]
    Just those 8 is a great start !

:)[/size]

Geo04-13-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

7. realtime monitoring
    8. language filters

Mark

[size]
    Good ideas... I'd like to add:

9. user rating (would give incentive and reward to those who put more effort in to their development)[/size]

Blunderer04-13-2012 09:34 PM

After all the fantasy of late it's good to see the discussion get back to an area where positive improvement can be achieved - Telpages. I knew you would all come round to it in the end. 

I'm not sure what a mini snapshot of a .tel page would look like when viewed on a mobile (tiny?) but I agree with the rest, and take the opportunity to suggest:

10. Common colour scheme for TelPages and the mobile proxy (you'd probably stone me if I suggested sites as well).

telrific04-14-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 22109)
    Hi Telrific

I'm really not too keen on that one either as IMO a good strap line should just bounce of the tongue and with 'World' and 'One' banging into each other it doesn't really have that kind of a hook. IMO

[size]
    It's about making the claim of your goal in advance to gain participation.

If it's your goal, say it, believe in it, and spread the word.

One World, One Directory.

:)[/size]

telrific04-14-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 22152)
    After all the fantasy of late it's good to see the discussion get back to an area where positive improvement can be achieved - Telpages. I knew you would all come round to it in the end.

[size]
    Now that's great insight !

;)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 4:34 am