The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Openid issues

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Openid issues Empty Openid issues

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:39 am

Bunjie08-11-2010 03:21 PM

Openid issues

I seem to be having issues with login in, compared to twitter the open id for .tel is a problem because it does not cache a session.

There is no "keep me logged in" button, unlike with twitter it knows your logged in and uses that session to complete the authentication.

But with .tel I find I need to attempt to log in 3+ times and this time I didn't even get though to the application that wanted it.

I feel the issue is one with the fact services that are previously connected to my account aren't able to reuse that connection in a web session, and then retry to validate that connection, but is blocked by the old one which is not removed by the new one. 

And because .tel control panel does not allow a session to stay logged in then we end up with a kind of issue where by it wont delete the old connection and make a new, or it wont accept the old connection.

So I find it a major issue, one that can be solved if you allow control panel loggins to stay in a session cookie?

Bunjie08-11-2010 03:26 PM

Simply put when I create an openid connection on my account with an outside service.

Because .tel control panel does not keep my account active, as in like most web services can with a cookie that keeps me logged in.

Then I am forced to log in into the control panel.

This then is an issue because it does not accept the previous connection I have on the account for the service I previously granted access.

It then try's to make a new one but is unable to because the old connection is blocking it.

It wont delete the old connection and so I end up with a stale mate situation.

That forces me to go to the page to remove the connection, then to log in and do a clean process.

This is not how openid should work, this makes things extremely complicated.

Plus the page that makes me login then loads the control panel, which is unnecessary as I only wanted to authenticate a session.

Justin Hayward08-11-2010 03:27 PM

Thanks Bunjie, I'll pass this on to the development team to investigate the issue.

Bunjie08-11-2010 07:28 PM

Thanks though It might be that the problem is with the service I tried as well.

It was http://twitterfeed.com/ but I had a similar issue with Mats tel.pl advert site and as I knew it was new, I didn't feel it was a problem I should report.

But his site does the same so I'm thinking the issue is that both sites don't set session cookies, and it might not be Telnics fault, but even so if a new session is started/requested then it should automatically clean out the old from the connected list? and not force me to do it before accepting a new. 

It did at least tell me on Mats and forced me to clean it out before accepting a new connection but, either it should accept a previous connection and just use that without informing me, or clean it and accept a new.

I thought that for openid it would just auto accept that previous connection if one existed, so all one required to do was login with .tel data.

So in conclusion I would say theirs a bug that connected services don't accept an all ready connected/linked/listed session/connection.

And force me to have to remove it and start over, which really is not the ideal solution.

Anyone else had issues with Openid? and can elaborate on what I'm trying to explain?

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 10:39 pm