The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Images.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Images.     Empty Images.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:57 am

Bunjie02-08-2011 07:54 PM

Images.

Looking at the new image feature, I have a question the pdf says in the side I can put up to 5 of these adverts.

The info box for text allows 5 so would the image boxes be a continuous linked box of 250x250 ads or in separate 250x250 blocks each with rounded edges.

The sponsor ads we know join up, I prefer the joined up so I can put in a 1250x250 pic as separate pieces.

Or would we be able to get the ability like you have the icons using a single image, use a 1250x250 pick with multiple ads on it and like the icons set what section of that one pic shows in a block?

I'm not sure what would load faster, but Telnic did choose the one pick with multiple icons, and used css to show what part of it shows in what web link/phone e.t.c

The icons pic for reference is 1755x45.

http://d0.webproxy.nic.tel/desktop/i...ault/icons.png

http://dev.telnic.org/docs/advertisements.pdf

Or am I wrong does "5 (2 .tia)" only mean 2 picks but up to 5 records?

Or 5 each with up to 2 .tia each? which would make 10 picks .... lol

nadya02-09-2011 11:28 AM

Hi Bunjie, 
    The new image ads, .tia as you rightly call them, are separate blocks. On the right, you can get up to 2 separated 250x250 adverts. These adverts count toward the 5 adverts maximum. So, if you already have 2 image ads, you can only have up to 3 text ads. Does this make sense?

maximka02-09-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 12637)
    Looking at the new image feature...l

[size]
    The new feature already appeared? I can't find it in my Dynadot's telhosting panel. There it is?[/size]

nadya02-09-2011 01:05 PM

The new image-based adverts are currently enabled only through SOAP APIs just like text adverts, so you won't see this functionality in your control panel at the moment. Later this year when the new interface is released, the adverts will be included in the .tel control panel. Meanwhile, you can use the APIs if you're a developer, or resort to a 3rd party service. 

Please also note that image-based adverts need to be enabled by your registrar, so some providers might take a bit longer to switch it on. 

For an example of what a banner ad looks like, please visit Justin.tel or Nadya.tel. The smartphone and PC browser adverts are different and click through to different locations.

boracay.tel02-09-2011 02:48 PM

Is name.com a registrar allowing image ads please?
    Can somebody confirm? Can telnic provide a list of registrars?

nadya02-09-2011 02:58 PM

The announcement and necessity to act have been clearly communicated to all registrars, and many have confirmed they will enable the image ads first thing today, depending on their working hours. Perhaps, it's best to wait a day or so and try publishing an advert to see if it works. If the operation fails, contact your registrar to remind them.

tindaya02-10-2011 12:03 AM

I didn´t understand so much the images ads. Now I have been in nadya.tel but it´s the same like allways. Tomorrow or aftertomorrow will be something different in your domain and I´ll see how is the image ads?

libros
    camino del cid
    TDAH

nadya02-10-2011 11:21 AM

Tindaya,
    When you open my .tel on a computer browser or a smartphone, you should see a banner below my job title and above any contact information, announcing the mobile world congress in Barcelona. Do you see it? That's an image advert, a banner.

tindaya02-10-2011 12:20 PM

It´s posible that it´s something wrong in my computer because now I see a little time your Adv, but after 2 secodns I don´t see the image (yes de link)
    But, now I understand the meaning, I have seen the ads of Mark , and I see his Advs perfet for example in www.cupids.tel 

libros
    TDAH 
    camino del cid

tindaya02-10-2011 12:27 PM

Before I didn´t see Barcelona........ ¡¡¡¡¡ WELCOME TO SPAIN !!!!!! 

good luck and enjoy Gaudi, the imagination of his work can inspire. tel domains

libros
    TDAH 
    camino del cid

ynp02-10-2011 05:59 PM

Nadya,

Is the horizontal image ad only placed at the top or is it possible to place it below other pieces of contact info?
    And may you have more than one horizontal image ad?

Steve

ynp.tel

boracay.tel02-13-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 12666)
    The announcement and necessity to act have been clearly communicated to all registrars, and many have confirmed they will enable the image ads first thing today, depending on their working hours. Perhaps, it's best to wait a day or so and try publishing an advert to see if it works. If the operation fails, contact your registrar to remind them.

[size]
    clearly some registrars could care less...

I need to move boracay.tel to take advantage of the very important image ads. (openSRS are obviously not implementing image ads). I have waited and nada zip nothing. text ads are fine, image ads are nowhere to be found.

Dear Telnic, before I take this step to move a VERY heavily developed directory domain, can you enlighten me/members of any plans that you may be aware of for ENGLISH registrars who WILL be offering graphical template designs similar to telchina's??? I have other .tel domains that I will be moving away from openSRS that need renewing in a few weeks time. would appreciate any info prior to this bulk costly renewing. (who will be offering the graphical templates?)

thank you[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-14-2011 02:30 AM

Bulk Populate tool now supports tel ad insertion. New directive is "IA". 
    Mark

boracay.tel02-14-2011 02:41 AM

Mark, are your tools enabling "mobile" ad proxy placement as yet?
    Cheers

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-14-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 12760)
    Mark, are your tools enabling "mobile" ad proxy placement as yet?
    Cheers

[size]
    No, we have no control over that - I think that will be enabled soon by Telnic?[/size]

Aled02-14-2011 11:18 AM

Mark,

It's possible to place image ads on the mobile proxy now, they just have a different display preference (see page 4 and the example further on here -http://dev.telnic.org/docs/advertisements.pdf).

You can see a live example of image ads om the smartphone proxy at Justin.tel. As stated by Nadya on another thread (http://www.telnic.org/forum/showpost...4&postcount=18), due to the restrictions on the size of the screen, you can only put image ads at the top and bottom of the smartphone proxy.

As shown on Justin.tel and Nadya.tel, the smartphone and PC browser adverts can be different and click through to different locations to better suite each browser type.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-14-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12765)
    Mark,

As shown on Justin.tel and Nadya.tel, the smartphone and PC browser adverts can be different and click through to different locations to better suite each browser type.

[size]
    They won't show on my BlackBerry. 
    BTW, both Quick Update and Bulk Populate now support mobile ads.
    Mark[/size]

boracay.tel02-15-2011 06:23 AM

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to Mark (kprobe) for updating his ad tool so quickly. both mobile and desktop image ads now working great. (mobile on iphone and ipod confirmed working well)

Aled02-15-2011 10:22 AM

Is anyone else unable to see the image ad for Mobile World Congress at the top of Justin.tel when viewing on a smartphone?

Mark, are you able to see mobile ads on non-.tel sites on your Blackberry? I assume that you can see Justin's photo on there? Is it possible that either your phone or your carrier have a setting to block Ads? What model BlackBerry is it?

boracay.tel02-15-2011 12:43 PM

as some of us are hoping to extend the functionality of .tel via the new image ads areas, can telnic please add the OPTION to open image ads links in the SAME window? (current implementation is opening in a completely seperate window)

could we poll this?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Images.     Empty Re: Images.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:58 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-15-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12782)
    Is anyone else unable to see the image ad for Mobile World Congress at the top of Justin.tel when viewing on a smartphone?

Mark, are you able to see mobile ads on non-.tel sites on your Blackberry? I assume that you can see Justin's photo on there? Is it possible that either your phone or your carrier have a setting to block Ads? What model BlackBerry is it?

[size]
    Torch. No apps installed.
    If you can direct me to a mobile site, I'll see if BB sees them.[/size]

DirectoryDan02-16-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 12663)
    Is name.com a registrar allowing image ads please?
    Can somebody confirm? Can telnic provide a list of registrars?

[size]
    I've written to Name.com and asked them to respond ASAP to all issues in this thread that they control. They've been very responsive in the past when I've asked questions, hopefully they will be this time too.

Dan[/size]

Aled02-16-2011 09:50 AM

Mark,

If you view urbanspoon.com on your BBerry do you see a banner ad at the top?

Aled02-16-2011 09:52 AM

DirectoryDan,

I can confirm that Name.com have activated Image Ads for their customers.

Cees02-16-2011 10:51 AM

RE, Justin.tel,
    On my iPhone I see the text header and underneath that a small square box with a question mark in it.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-16-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12803)
    Mark,

If you view urbanspoon.com on your BBerry do you see a banner ad at the top?

[size]
    Yes I see an image right at top but isnt that is a background image ?[/size]

Aled02-16-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12814)
    Yes I see an image right at top but isnt that is a background image ?

[size]
    I also see an ad banner below, but the ad I see is related to an iphone app and as I'm viewing on an iphone I don't know if the banner is specific to that.[/size]

Aled02-17-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 12805)
    RE, Justin.tel,
    On my iPhone I see the text header and underneath that a small square box with a question mark in it.

[size]
    Cees, the image ads are apparing on the smartphone proxy so it seems that either your provider or your handset is blocking the ads. I'd suggest that you contact your mobile phone operator to ask if the specific plan that you have blocks ads.[/size]

Bunjie02-17-2011 05:29 PM

@Aled when the new control panel comes, will you be adding auto generated banners for the top and bottom?

Based on what type of url/data is going in? so people don't need to mess about thinking up a design, they can just add a link to a 73x73 logo that we all ready use then that could be auto impressed into a banner with some text? I notice a number of devs generating a dynamic images with imposed text.

Is that the direction? as you know people don't have that much experiance or time to want to do something which is why most .tels are empty or failed to be used, which is why your making that in control panel Streamlined user journey for novice .tel owners.

It would be nice to just be able to pick a style of banner layout like we have themes, then have text imported into an image from either twitter (tweets) or rss from a website feed or static.

Like with the new site images the 250x250 you could let them upload an image, perhaps a real life photo of them, then impose over the top at the bottom of it, an online and offline cross banner for people who want to point to support chat for their main website or just the call free to give it more banner space than just link.

http://www.furpunk.com/img/ad/online2.png
    http://www.furpunk.com/img/ad/offline2.png

Aled02-17-2011 05:40 PM

Bunjie, thank you for the suggestion, which I have noted, but I can confirm that will not be a part of the new control panel on launch

Cees02-17-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12840)
    Cees, the image ads are apparing on the smartphone proxy so it seems that either your provider or your handset is blocking the ads. I'd suggest that you contact your mobile phone operator to ask if the specific plan that you have blocks ads.

[size]
    Thanks Aled, I'll check that out.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 9:40 pm