The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

vCard link is absent :(

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

vCard link is absent :( Empty vCard link is absent :(

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 10:04 am

ILY10-13-2013 05:59 PM

vCard link is absent

vCard link is present on desktop and basic phone (text) template.

Why it is absent on smartphone one (purple template for android, iphone etc.) ?

dutchstreetdog10-13-2013 08:56 PM

Yes i agree, and for the mobile we need share buttons from Twitter / Facebook / email 
    Little ones, just like on telnames !
    Then we can start sharing the pages from a mobile
    It is now on desktop version, but nobody share from pc!
    Mobile we need, thats were the sharing take place

Aled10-14-2013 11:16 AM

Unfortunately there are many inconsistencies in the way that smartphones handle what is a standardized structure of the vCard. While some can handle it well, other handsets cannot and as a result we have decided not to currently include the option to avoid those users having a poor user experience.

ILY10-14-2013 02:55 PM

Am I right to understand you -- there were any troubles with android and ios devices?

Aled10-14-2013 04:41 PM

Yes, there were issues with iOS and also each Android device varied depending on the proprietary handset as that is what determined how the actual contacts on the handset were saved, rather than the Android operating system.

ILY10-14-2013 05:08 PM

Aled, thank you. I have some more questions, because I'm planing to use vCard in some of my .tel projects.

Is it possible to say with certainty that certain tags normally retained on all modern devices (I mean iOS and Android in the majority)?
    What are these tags?

And I'm surprised that you have not used the microformat tag "fn_org", which would allow normal save vCard of a company without a representative (ie no person's name, so you will not looking for contacts with a blank first/last name in your handset)...

dutchstreetdog10-14-2013 11:52 PM

Some thoughts

And mabey telnic can find a little little corner on 1 of there servers so we can store pictures
    Men men its hard using photobucket and that kind of stuff, till now the have never late me down
    but imaginre that my banner links will dissapere one day because of thirdt party hosting men Catastrofe
    So pls find a little space boys, i am shure every "pro tel" user will bey verry happy, and if it coast few penny Okay 

And it would bey great to give the control panel a option to color the diffrent folders
    Those are soooo boring on the Desktop/Mobile sites that its dead dead meat, give colors
    That will bring every "pro tel" domain alive like never before, And i am shure its simple to code
    Just use the same colorpanel as for the templates, but then to spice upp the dead meat 70 looking folders

Further i am verry happy with the whole stuff
    Thank you telnic Brothers And Sisters

ILY10-17-2013 02:26 PM

Aled, thank you. I have some more questions, because I'm planing to use vCard in some of my .tel projects.

Is it possible to say with certainty that certain tags normally retained on all modern devices (I mean iOS and Android in the majority)?
    What are these tags?

And I'm surprised that you have not used the microformat tag "fn_org", which would allow normal save vCard of a company without a representative (ie no person's name, so you will not looking for contacts with a blank first/last name in your handset)...

Aled10-17-2013 03:32 PM

I believe some handsets didn't recognise the format at all, but you would need to run some tests to find out if there are any fields at all that are universally handled.

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:39 pm