The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TELcp - .TEL Control Panel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TELcp - .TEL Control Panel Empty TELcp - .TEL Control Panel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:47 pm

TELcp11-26-2009 10:09 AM

TELcp - .TEL Control Panel

Hi to All,

TELcp (TEL control panel) - a new user friendly online control panel to manage your .TELs is coming soon.

Stay tuned.

TELcp

dottel11-26-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 2814)
    Hi to All,

TELcp (TEL control panel) - a new user friendly online control panel to manage your .TELs is coming soon.

Stay tuned.

TELcp

[size]
    Great 
    but Is this free to use?
    Is this is the site? http://telcp.com/[/size]

TELcp11-26-2009 10:56 AM

Free usage for a limited period. More info will be made available on the release day.
    The new site is TELcp.com

Regards

Shahid11-26-2009 09:25 PM

Hello,

welcome to the forum, we do hear and see lots of third party software are coming out but i would like to let you know out of 100% not sure if you can have a market of 1-5% using it due to security reason, as no1 would want to give out their information now if you look at marks tool he has a background with .tel too and many people know him personally too so i am not sure if this is good thing but lets hope for the best.

i would be more happy if telnic could put everything in the CTH panel then we happening to use other things else where.

no hard feelings i like to be honest 

Shahid

TELcp11-27-2009 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2822)
    Hello,
    welcome to the forum, we do hear and see lots of third party software are coming out but i would like to let you know out of 100% not sure if you can have a market of 1-5% using it due to security reason, as no1 would want to give out their information now if you look at marks tool he has a background with .tel too and many people know him personally too so i am not sure if this is good thing but lets hope for the best.

[size]
    We have been following the .TEL development for almost one year now, and aware of what you mean. The TELcp will be available online first, during the beta release. And the same version will be available in different distributions (i.e. from TELcp website for anybody to use it online, host it on your own server, paid hosting through the owners of TELcp, using it from your own desktop, using it from your own laptop etc) later.

Quote:
    [/size]

i would be more happy if telnic could put everything in the CTH panel then we happening to use other things else where.

[size]
    According to Telnic website, their "sole purpose is to act as the Registry Operator and Sponsoring Organization for .tel". Therefore, we belive that they will improve their CTH panel, and at the same time they will promote the tld and support third party developers. We do not think they plan to publish competitive software/script. Telnic has mentioned this very clearly in different blogs/forums. If they do, then third party developers will stop developing any more variations for the benefit of the .TEL owner. However, there can be different views on this. We will not argue on that.

Quote:
    [/size]

no hard feelings i like to be honest

[size]
    We appreciate your honest comment.

Regards[/size]

dottel11-27-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 2818)
    Free usage for a limited period. More info will be made available on the release day.
    The new site is TELcp.com

Regards

[size]
    Any non-existing features that your tool has?
    Just curious to know the possibilities with your tool that we miss via normal .tel control panel.

It's always good to see more tools this helps the product/services better..[/size]

dottel11-27-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2822)
    Hello,
    Shahid

[size]
    Yes as discussed earlier sometime back, if telnic provides all features with in the control panel that would be great. Personally I encourage private third party companies to develope more tools around this but if they want to sell the product for $400 or $$$ then I will not be interested and I believe many will not be interested[/size]

Shahid11-27-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 2834)
    Yes as discussed earlier sometime back, if telnic provides all features with in the control panel that would be great. Personally I encourage private third party companies to develope more tools around this but if they want to sell the product for $400 or $$$ then I will not be interested and I believe many will not be interested

[size]
    What happens is, .tel is not that famous but we are all trying out best to promote it in our own ways and forms, now with all these 3rd party software online/offline ( it helps and at some point discourages also )

so incase someone pays for it and starts using it and does not find it beneficial his view does not change on the software but on the over all .tel effect which is dangerous.

its easy to chase away people then bring them close to discuss is what i think, but at the end of the day we are all open to make money so if its fair and one sees the potential then i think they should go for it but i don't think anyone will pay huge about of money for 3rd party software online or offline 

if the adaptation rate of .tel at price of roughly 20 $ does not seem attractive to many no one will pay 20-999 ( for a software one time or yearly ) is just my thought[/size]

TELcp12-08-2009 06:03 PM

TELcp - control panel available now

Hi Guys,

TELcp ver 0.9 - The control panel to manage contents for .TEL domains is available now. Click Here for the SSL site.

Regards

mactel12-08-2009 07:39 PM

@telcp:
    When announcing new .tel tools: Why not show some screenshots of prototyps, or some drawings, etc., so that we can imagine...?

TELcp12-09-2009 03:33 AM

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your feedbacks.
    You can also make feature requests by using our "Request Features" in Contact us form. 

Regards

mactel12-09-2009 05:58 AM

In my opinion, every programmer, that introduces a new .tel tool, should also present a tutorial with screen shots, or a video tutorial, in the manner of 
    - Telnic.com (telguide)
    - Siteground.com (.tel tutorial)
    - Tel-Blog.de (regular updates on the dashboard)
    - Movetec.ch/Tel-Machine.com (guide/tutorial)

That should be the first thing to have a look at, before having to enter the login details.

As a new forum member with something like five posts, you should create confidence, trust, etc....
    Also, show a real website, and some other services you offer, etc., so that people get to know you better.

Your present .tool., or also your futur projects might be good and appreciated, but you should also create a sort of "comfort zone" at the same time.

TELcp12-09-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 3158)
    In my opinion, every programmer, that introduces a new .tel tool, should also present a tutorial with screen shots, or a video tutorial, in the manner of 
    - Telnic.com (telguide)
    - Siteground.com (.tel tutorial)
    - Tel-Blog.de (regular updates on the dashboard)
    - Movetec.ch/Tel-Machine.com (guide/tutorial)

That should be the first thing to have a look at, before having to enter the login details..

[size]
    We (TELcp) appreciate your comments. TELcp at present is on beta version and just like any other beta version it should be used with caution by people with some experience in testing beta products. And you can always contact us if you have any query. But we doubt that you have any query regarding using a control panel similar to TELcp. Because, we have followed and read all your blog sites and your posts as "mactel". So we are aware that you, as an individual, can use this tool without any fear.
    However, a detailed guideline together with a dedicated forum will be introduced with the stable ver. 1.0 for the benefit of all the newbies.
    A stable version will be available soon, as many forum users are testing TELcp already and sending us their feedback.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 3158)
    As a new forum member with something like five posts, you should create confidence, trust, etc....
    Also, show a real website, and some other services you offer, etc., so that people get to know you better.

Your present .tool., or also your futur projects might be good and appreciated, but you should also create a sort of "comfort zone" at the same time..

[size]
    Agreed. And once again we appreciate your honest comment. Your comments are always welcome. We know that success depends on honest comments. TELcp is a new member. But we (including the person who is replying now) are in this forum under different names in individual capacity. TELcp represents the company. In fact, we have been in this forum and other forums from the right begining. We have even exchanged ideas with you. But we like to seperate ourselves (as individuals) from TELcp. 
    The user TELcp will post only technical stuff relating to TELcp product(s). TELcp will not engage in other posts with a sole purpose of increasing the number of posts. Therefore, TELcp will be having only a limited number of posts even in the future. But we, as individuals, in other "usernames" will still keep on doing the normal thing as human beings and also communicate with you in our individual capacities in this forum and other forums where you have communicated with us in the past. 

All the best.[/size]

mactel12-09-2009 08:27 AM

Hello telcp,
    Thank you, for your prompt, detailed and thorough reply.
    I understand, and appreciate your endeavours to assist us.
    I might give your .tool a shot/a try.
    However, all existing .tel tools will have to adapt to the new official Telnic control panel, comming out, next January. 
    Anyway, I do like to insist on having guides and tutorials, or to get a visual presentation of newly created dash board tools.
    I understand, that you would like to have a very interactive sort of „team work“ with your users, what is a good thing.
    Thanks a lot, for all your understanding. To be so understanding, is a good way to proceed and to succeed with your projects.
    Also, thanks, for clarifying the facts about your activities within the dot tel community.
    Just one more thing, I would like to point out: You are mentioning yourself, as well as your partners.
    And in this consens and context, I suggest that you offer more transparency, in the form, that you mention all the names of the people who collaborate with your projects. Especially your new „controll panel tool“. No mysteries, please, but as much transparency, as possible. Don't forget: We do not only want to be able to work efficient with .tel, but we also wan't to feel comfortable, and comfortable, with anyone we are dealing with, in the .dot tel, or Internet business.
    We are also the people who will be, or not be prepared to spend a amount of money on .tel tools, and therefore have a lot to say, when communicating with third party providers of .tel tools.
    Thank you.

TELcp12-10-2009 06:45 PM

Hi Guys,

You can follow us on twitter for latest updates on TELcp.

Regards

TELnew12-11-2009 10:28 AM

Hi Telsters,

I am TELnew. And I have been in this forum and mainly with telsters.com/forum as TELnew for some time. I am the programer of TELcp. Also the managing director of the company ITNOSA (PVT) LIMITED which owns the website telcp.com.
    My interest in .TEL started in the begining of 2007, knowing that one day this tld would overtake .COM. I still believe in this, although I can not predict when will this happen. Then I registered the domain name dottelregistry.com on 2007-03-04 (you can check the whois) in order to make a directory for dot TELs. Which I eventually did, and is used by many .TEL owners today. Additionally, I developeddottelmarketplace.com for the benefit of those who want to promote sales of registered .TELs. These sites are my personal websites and they don't belong to the company ITNOSA (PVT) LIMITED.

Speaking of TELcp, I have used TELcp to populate some of my personal .TEL sites and found very handy to manage Adverts and custom text. Knowing that such a tool is required to manage .TEL subdomains of a .TEL directory we created telcp.com website to promote it. The aim is to help the creators of .TEL directories to rent out subdomains on individual basis. So, if you have any suggestions or any feature requests, please do not hesitate to let the telcp team know about it by using the online contact us form. 

We understand there is a considerable competition amongst the developers of .TEL tools and also believe that everyone's taste is not the same. We will try our best to listen to the majority of the feedbacks and make changes accordingly. And I take this opprtunity to thank all of the telsters who have already sent us feedbacks in this regard.

LOOKING FORWARD to develope TELcp with more features for the benefit of .TEL directory owners.

All the best

Bill12-11-2009 11:06 AM

------------------------

TELnew12-11-2009 11:18 AM

Hi Bill,

dottelmarketplace.com only displays .TEL sites for sale/rent/etc. It is not involved in the selling or buying part of any .TEL. It had many visitors some time back. But at present number is decreasing, just like many other .TEL related sites. You can see it by checking the stats at Alexa. Somehow, we must promote the .TEL and make it popular. Otherwise, all our investments are at stake.

Hope this info helps.

Regards

TELcp12-14-2009 02:47 PM

Hi Guys,

We have added 6 more .TEL registrars to TELcp's "list of acceptable registrars". Thank you once again for your feedback. If you have any diificulty in accessing your registrar's web services, please let us know by using TELcp's online contact us form.

Regards

tel4rent12-14-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 3345)
    Hi Guys,

We have added 6 more .TEL registrars to TELcp's "list of acceptable registrars". Thank you once again for your feedback. If you have any diificulty in accessing your registrar's web services, please let us know by using TELcp's online contact us form.

Regards

[size]
    I tried it and it looks very interesting. I think the future to update our tel domain should be made in this way...simple log in and you update. Basically, i like the concept. Will try it later in more depth and give u my feedback.

Thanks for sharing.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

TELcp - .TEL Control Panel Empty Re: TELcp - .TEL Control Panel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:47 pm

TELcp12-17-2009 11:49 AM

re: user feedback

Hi to All,

Looks like no more glitches as no such reports received during the last 72 hrs. However, we are still awaiting for any more reports/feedback. And please don't forget to use the "contact us" form at www.telcp.com/beta to make your feature requests.

Regards

TELcp12-18-2009 04:14 AM

Bug Report : bug in URI input field of adverts

Hi,

A bug is reported in the URI input field of "Create Ads" and in Ads editing.

Nature of bug / immediate temporary solution:

1) NATURE: If you do not insert "http://" before the domain name, the link will point you to "webproxy.nic.tel"/yourdomainname.com.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: In order to avoid this please insert "http://" infront of the URI link name. i.e. write ashttp://www.mydomainname.com OR http://mydomainname.com.

2) NATURE: If you insert "https://" before the domain name, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT the advert again as the Ad Edit request will return an ERROR page indicating "FORBIDDEN" page access.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: Please DO NOT insert "https://". Insert only "http://" infront of the domain name of URI.

+++++

Will revert with a permanent solution.

Thank you.

TELcp12-18-2009 09:55 AM

Bugs Cleared in URI input field of adverts

Hi,

Reported bugs in URI input field of Adverts have been cleared.

TELcp is now upgraded to ver.0.9.2.

All the Best.

tel4rent12-18-2009 10:05 AM

thanks for the quick fix.

tel4rent12-18-2009 10:49 AM

Hi TELcp,

I tried to create a header on my domain and i also got an error. " failed to open stream'. May be i am doing something wrong.

By the way, few questions:

- how do you know where is your header created?
    - can we define a path to a specific folder for text creation, ads, header etc...?
    - can we modify any item on our domain or only the first level (root)?

thanks, tel4rent

TELcp12-18-2009 02:36 PM

@tel4rent,

@tried to create a header on my domain and i also got an error. " failed to open stream'. May be i am doing something wrong.

We are unable to simulate this fault. Please indicate whether it happened once/twice or it's happening all the time. Is it common to more than one domain/subdomain?

@how do you know where is your header created?

The header is created below the title and domain/subdomain name. Once created, it should be visible on your .TEL page (after few minutes) or you can check it by using "Edot Headers" in the TELcp menu (sliding menu on the left hand side).

@can we define a path to a specific folder for text creation, ads, header etc...?
    @can we modify any item on our domain or only the first level (root)?

No, you can not. Because TELcp is designed to login on page by page (subdomain/root domain) basis. i.e. If you login to myrootpage.tel, you can create/edit/delete titles, headers, adverts (you can also move adverts) and Custom Text on myrootpage.tel only. You can not navigate to myotherpages.myrootpage.tel from myrootpage.tel. For that, you must login again to myotherpage.myrootpage.tel. TELcp is designed mainly for those who are interested in creating subdomains for renting out. That is why restriction on page by page loging in.
    This feature will be more effective when the OpenAuth/OpenId is available for the .TEL.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your support.

tel4rent12-18-2009 09:00 PM

Hi telcp,

thanks for your support.

Tried it again and it works fine.:)

Be well.

TELcp12-19-2009 08:38 PM

ftp(s) validation for Adverts

Hi to All,

Added validation for ftp(s) in URI links for inserting Adverts on your .TEL pages. Even if you make any mistakes in your Adverts, you can recall them and edit accordingly. 

Regards

TELcp01-08-2010 01:48 PM

TELcp stable version 1.0

Hi All,

The Stable version of TELcp - .TEL control panel will be available from next week. It will be a free ssl protected online service.

We take this opportunity to thank all participants during the beta testing period.

Regards

JLouisBiz01-08-2010 06:54 PM

OK, it gives just very limited possibility to change some informations.

But it is not UTF-8 clean. 

It can handle advertising. But there is no use of hand managing advertising for large company.

For advertising I think there must be Ad Manager software which gives possibility to client to place advertising, to decide by which criteria to be displayed. And in background, ads would be placed on numerous domains, numerous subdomains and places, depending of various criteria such as keywords, location, subdomain title and name, domain purpose, languages and so on.

TELcp01-11-2010 07:38 AM

Hi JLouisBiz,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate it.

@OK, it gives just very limited possibility to change some informations.
    Free online version will have limited features only.

@But it is not UTF-8 clean.
    Multi Language/character feature will be introduced after we identify the actual users of TELcp. 

@It can handle advertising. But there is no use of hand managing advertising for large company.
    You are right. TELcp is not designed for the bulk management of contents or adverts. It is designed for the owner of each subdomain to manage his/her own contents/adverts. We have no intention to develope TELcp as an Ad Management Script.

Regards

TELcp01-12-2010 04:13 PM

TELcp ver.1.0 (stable) released

Hi Telsters,

The stable ONLINE version of the TELcp - .TEL Control Panel, TELcp ver.1.0 is now released.
    It is free and protected by SSL encryption to provide you privacy over the internent.

You are required to use your registrar's CTH login credentials to login, on domain/subdomain basis (i.e. you need to logout and login again to go to another .TEL page/subdomain). Once logged in, follow the sliding menu on the left hand side to manage the content of your .TEL page. 
    Please note that your CTH credentials are NOT saved on our server. All your session id cookies will be destroyed when you close your browser.

A detailed user guide of TELcp ver.1.0 will be made available soon.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by using the online contact form.

Regards

tel4rent01-13-2010 03:27 PM

Hi telcp,

I have been using your app since the beginning. It is simple, easy, quick and reliable.

Great work and keep up!

Be well

TELcp01-15-2010 06:48 PM

TELcp ver.1.0+ user guide

Greetings,

TELcp ver.1.0+ user guide in English is now available at http://www.telcp.com/online/user-guide-en.pdf

Regards

JLouisBiz01-16-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 4391)
    @But it is not UTF-8 clean.
    Multi Language/character feature will be introduced after we identify the actual users of TELcp.

[size]
    UTF-8 shall be standard. Is it hard to simply use UTF-8?

Well, I don't mind. Anyway, I have to make all tools for myself by myself.[/size]

TELcp01-16-2010 07:33 PM

UTF-8 support will be added soon.

Regards

TELcp01-18-2010 05:34 PM

TELcp ver.1.0.1

Hi to All,

Added UTF-8 support for content management and TELcp is upgraded to ver.1.0.1

Regards

Triton NW01-18-2010 06:56 PM

Hello TELcp
    A appoligize for asking a stiupid question but I have not been reading this bunch od posts. Is TELcp an alternative to the existing CP offered by Telnic? If so, can you give a few reasons to use yours rather than the existing?

Thanks in advance

TELcp01-19-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 4650)
    Hello TELcp
    A appoligize for asking a stiupid question but I have not been reading this bunch od posts. Is TELcp an alternative to the existing CP offered by Telnic? If so, can you give a few reasons to use yours rather than the existing?

Thanks in advance

[size]
    Hello,

TELcp is not an alternative to the existing Telhosting control panel or future Telhosting control panels offered by Telnic. TELcp is developed by an independent company. The present TELcp online edition has two features (Text Ad management feature and Custom Keyword feature) not offered by the Telhosting control panel. For more information please read the user guide.

Regards[/size]

TELcp01-20-2010 06:46 PM

Use TELcp to Decorate your Adverts

Add decorations to your adverts to draw attention.
    You can do similar decorations to your headers and Custom Keyword text too.
    Add symbols from MS word.

Have a look @www.telcp.tel

And try it out using TELcp online edition
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:48 pm

tel4rent01-20-2010 08:49 PM

Hi Telcp,

A quick note to thank you for this great tool. I really like it very much. I may have said it somewhere but really really cool tool. I highly recommend it!

One thing i noticed...some search engine pick the AD as the description of the web site. Have not clue why. Different search engine different description

Great JOB!

Bill02-09-2010 06:41 PM

----------------------------

TELcp02-10-2010 03:48 AM

Hello Bill,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 5229)
    I can not get this control panel to work, and I have pissed around for hours trying to get it to function. Waste of time.

[size]
    We appreciate your comment.

We are sorry to hear that you have wasted your valuable time trying to use TELcp. You are the first person to complain after the stable (ver.1.0+) release. Therefore, we are keen to know the difficulty you face. You may discuss it here or use the feedback form at telcp.com website. We need to know exactly what type of errors you get. If possible send us screenshots etc.

Regards[/size]

Bill02-10-2010 11:06 AM

----------------------------

TELcp02-10-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 5240)
    I mailed you through the PM system - no response. There is no way to save ads on your Telcp that I can find. Half of the words 'bottom' on the right hand side panel is cut off. Unuseable.

[size]
    Please send us screen shots of the faulty pages together with the browser type/version and current screen resoulution in use. We will then be able to figure out the reason for this.

Thank you.[/size]

TELcp02-10-2010 12:33 PM

Hello Bill,

No need to send screenshots.
    We have now detected this bug affecting TELcp on Google Chrome version 4.0.249.78.
    We are now working on it.
    Will revert with a patch for this.

Once again we appreciate your comment on this.

Regards

TELcp02-10-2010 01:52 PM

Bug on G/Chrome cleared

Hello Bill,

BUG CLEARED

The bug found when using TELcp on Google Chrome version 4.0.249.78 is now cleared.
    You will now see the missing sections under "Create Ads" and "Create Text".

We will monitor this very closely to improve cross browser compatibility with G/Chrome newer versions.

Best Regards

Bill02-10-2010 02:07 PM

--------------------------

Bill02-10-2010 02:18 PM

-----------------------------

TELcp02-10-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 5248)
    BUG NOT CLEARED - more bs.

[size]
    We have just tested inserting Ads & creating Text on G/Chrome version 4.0.249.78, after clearing the bug on CSS.

Which version of G/Chrome are u using?
    Have you done "reset to defaults" of your G/Chrome browser under its (G/Chrome's) "Options/Under the Hood", just in case any changes to Font settings have been made?

Regards[/size]

Bill02-11-2010 10:16 AM

----------------------------------

Gav02-11-2010 10:50 AM

Hi Bill

It sounds as though as TELcp is trying everything they can to try help resolve your issue, wouldn't it be unfair to write in your blog about there software being faulty, everyone is trying there very best here and we all need to work together.

Regards

Gav

JLouisBiz02-11-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 5316)
    Please feel free to waste yet more of my time. Doesn't work. Same version, and of course no option for 'reset default'. Your software is faulty, I will go somewhere else. Please do not waste my time by posting your useless messages again. I will update my dottel blog to show your software is faulty.

[size]
    Funny. Such software is obviously in the development stage. Here are people gathered together about Dot Tel domains and I assume that many are domain traders, domainers. Some are Dot Tel domain owners only. 

Software, if it does not work, shall be made to work. And if you as end user see that something does not work, report it to the programmer, and you might get work done.

Finally, so far I understand, that software is free of charge, you can use it without payment. 

I see that you like to be served, served free of charge, that you never be asked to help or improve and if something is wrong, you like to "tell the world". Strange level of responsibility I see there.

I mean: thousands of software programs are faulty, so what? People report what is wrong, and if programmers are actively working, they are improving the software based on reports. That is how the world works. See for example http://www.sourceforge.net as there is almost no software package that does not get improved constantly. 

By the way, people report that software is faulty so numerous times, probably more times per second than babies are being born. Your "fault" report will be buried somewhere in betweeen.

Louis[/size]

JLouisBiz02-11-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 5252)
    We have just tested inserting Ads & creating Text on G/Chrome version 4.0.249.78, after clearing the bug on CSS.

[size]
    For ad records, I have seen that if you split long text of description, over 255 chars, into chunks, and place the ad, the records will not be separated by space. So, I am padding each such chunk of description with extra space on the end:

desc
    'some text here ' <-- extra space on the end
    desc
    'some more text here ' <-- extra space on the end

I don't know how much text can be placed that way, but I think whole page could fit in,

And I assume, one can make it reach text, bold, italics, even headers and many other HTML could be possible.[/size]

JLouisBiz02-11-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 5323)
    Complete bulls***

[size]
    Dear "Bill",

Your comment probably does not refer to my message but to your instable state of mind:

Quote:
    [/size]

02-11-2010, 05:57 AM
    Complete bulls***

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

02-11-2010, 04:16 AM
    Please feel free to waste yet more of my time. Doesn't work. Same version, and of course no option for 'reset default'. Your software is faulty, I will go somewhere else

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
    The names will be dropped because I do not want to deal with any of the broken assed people on this forum again

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
    I am cancelling my eBook which is nearly finished because I do not want to waste more time on this bastard technology where nothing works

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

02-10-2010, 08:18 AM
    Why can't Telnic develop something that actually functions so people can attempt to make some money from this f........ing nightmare

[size]
    Post delete - removing here to also remove the offensive language - Aled
    Quote:
    [/size]

02-10-2010, 08:07 AM
    BUG NOT CLEARED - more bs

[size]
    If you would be on my own forum, you would get kicked out forever without notice.

Louis[/size]

mactel02-12-2010 12:33 AM

Well, what shall I say?
    I swore my self, not to post in this thread anymore, and here I am again.
    I never felt comfortable withe TELcp and TELnew, who is one and the same person, creating a bit of confusion, because of his two user names.

I feel more comfortable with Bill:
    I see a normal person, being quite frustrated, and expressing that frustration. freaking out, a bit. But that is healthy. Whereas, only making a fist, and having a low profile, would be unhealthy.
    It is this world, which is not so normal: And where nobody is allowed to express frustration or hard feelings. People are only allowed to keep a gun in their house (America), and have a low profile, till they shoot them selfs, or others.
    Somehow, Bill is right. He has said so many true things.
    Or let's say: I understand him.
    If we don't live with, and appreciate people like Bill, then we will go totally wrong.
    So, let's go from there.
    A .tel domainer is trying to set up adverts within .tel domains, and tried out the version provided by the registry, and then he tried out various third party tools, and each time it was a "no go", at least for him. 
    He told us straightforward, what did not work for him, and what he dislikes. Some people get likable that way, and so it was the case.
    Bill brought the spice to this forum: Can you see it?

Bill is the Rock n' Roller of domaining: Just a bit more wild, than others, but ok.

Just wait, till .tel really rocks...

Ha, ha, cheers...

Triton NW02-12-2010 12:46 AM

Good point Mactel but Bill is gone. He told all of us in no uncertain terms that he is getting out of .tel completely. Right?

mactel02-12-2010 01:20 AM

Hi there,
    Well the posts quasi give that impression, but my gutt feeling says, that it is not quite that simple. If you freak out, you can freak in again.
    If you think he is gone, he is not gone for long.

Anyway, you want to buy some .tel's off him: No problem, he will sell and drop a few. 

I never bought .tel domains from others, because my own creations where always better.

By the way: We have a lot of snow outside. The roads are dangerous, but the country paths, are better than Disneyland. 
    Winter is really nice, when there is lots of snow. 
    What I see outside is reality, not the artificial financial industry, that is not sustainable, and goes from crisis to crisis, to crisis, to crisis, to crisis, to...
    And so, eco-commerce will be closer to reality, and guaranty a sustainable economy and environment.
    How you do it?: With green dot tel domains (green enterprises), which are the towboats of the related green websites.
    Important: We will get control again, of the environment, respectively, environment will be able to control itself again. But today, you don't know, where the next floods, storms, earth quakes and forest fires will be..., and you don't know, if you would manage to react and escape within time. But today, I was totally happy in Winterwonderland.

Triton NW02-12-2010 04:24 AM

Fair enough
    I have 2 teenage daughters. When they were little, they gave me the "I'm running away from home" routine on occasion. I told them to come home, eat their vegetables, do their homework, build their .tel and get paid. Wisdom

JLouisBiz02-12-2010 07:11 AM

Let me be here very clear and real on that about Bill.

Bill is rude and offensive.

Offensive \Of*fen"sive\, a. [Cf. F. offensif. See {Offend}.]
    [1913 Webster]
    1. Giving offense; causing displeasure or resentment;
    displeasing; annoying; as, offensive words.
    [1913 Webster]

Rude: 
    (b) Of untaught manners; unpolished; of low rank; uncivil;
    clownish; ignorant; raw; unskillful; -- said of
    persons, or of conduct, skill, and the like. "Mine
    ancestors were rude." --Chaucer.
    [1913 Webster]

He indicates by his resentment, rudeness and lack of politeness, and that he would be hard to stand person in the real world. If you like that kind of spicing up, I bet you would not like it at your home, in your office, near your friends or near your family.

Such behavior is the route to succumb, not to success, and there is so far I see nothing in his posts that sets a good example. One might be sorry for such people, but it is their own responsibility to raise up to the rank of acceptable behavior. That is why, the normal productive discussion cannot go on, but the subject changes into philosophy about his mind and character. 

He needed so much attention and now he has got it.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:48 pm

TELcp02-12-2010 09:19 AM

Many thanks

Many thanks all of you guys for very constructive comments.
    Your comments indeed help us to improve our products even better.

Looking forward to help .TEL owners/users.

Regards

TELcp02-12-2010 09:32 AM

Hello JLouisBiz,

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5321)
    For ad records, I have seen that if you split long text of description, over 255 chars, into chunks, and place the ad, the records will not be separated by space. So, I am padding each such chunk of description with extra space on the end:

desc
    'some text here ' <-- extra space on the end
    desc
    'some more text here ' <-- extra space on the end

I don't know how much text can be placed that way, but I think whole page could fit in,

And I assume, one can make it reach text, bold, italics, even headers and many other HTML could be possible.

[size]
    Are you are referring to TELcp "Ad create" page?
    Just wondering how you managed to insert only "descriptions" in adverts, because it is not possible to insert only Ad "descriptions" by using TELcp. All Ad inserts through TELcp should have Title, Description, Label and URI. Otherwise, the user is prompted by a popup window to complete the missing items.

Well, if you are referring to something else, other than Ads, please let us know. We are unable to simulate your comment (placing ads with only description) above using G/Chrome. 

Regards[/size]

Triton NW02-12-2010 04:45 PM

Bill is gone. We can stop talking about him now.

TELcp02-12-2010 05:36 PM

Anybody using TELcp on Google Chrome version 4.0+, please post your comments here. It works ok for us using G/Chrome 4.0.249.78. Just want to make sure that it works on G/Chrome for others as well.

Your comment is very much appreciated and will help us to upgrade to future versions.

Thank you in advance.

JLouisBiz02-12-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 5363)
    Just wondering how you managed to insert only "descriptions" in adverts, because it is not possible to insert only Ad "descriptions" by using TELcp. All Ad inserts through TELcp should have Title, Description, Label and URI. Otherwise, the user is prompted by a popup window to complete the missing items.

[size]
    Well, that was not what I was referring. 

I am referring to the "way" of placing ads into the Dot Tel, and that is API requests and responses. 

Let us say you have 500 chars in description. And you have to split it into 255 chars into 2 chunks. I was referring to pad each chunk with space, although I somehow expected that those spaces will be automatically inserted. But it is better that they are not, that is simply correct.[/size]

JLouisBiz02-12-2010 06:14 PM

I think it could be possible to place ads without Title and without green label. Let me try, I will update this message if I succeed.

And yes, it does work, one can place description without Title and Label or URL, and you can see the motto on the bottom here:
    http://to-buy.tel without Title and Green Label. But there is empty space for those.

I have read in the PDF or API somewhere, that those ads are rich text, and I assume, one can put some style there. As long as one can put anything, anything is possible.

But note, I am just referring to API and requests and responses, not to your TelCp.

TELcp02-13-2010 10:30 AM

version upgraded to ver.1.0.2

TELcp is now upgraded to ver.1.0.2.
    Cross Browser compatibility is improved in this new version.

Please note that there will not be any more upgrades to this version until the API/ whitepapers for the new proxy is published by Telnic.

All the best.

Bill02-18-2010 04:55 PM

TELcp is working well now after a number of problems. Credit where credit's due, these guys sorted it out fast. Far more confident about them now.

tel4rent02-18-2010 06:14 PM

Great application. I always use Telcp. It is fast, easy to use and reliable. Never had any issues. Good job Telcp!

Be well.

JLouisBiz02-18-2010 07:28 PM

I really did not look much into TelCp.com. It says on front page, it has following features:

Quote:

* Create, Edit and Delete Domain Page Title.

[size]
    That exists in the standard Telnic control panel. 

Quote:
    [/size]

Create, Edit and Delete Text Headers.

[size]
    Obviously that exists in the standard Telnic control panel too. If you are adding additional headers that might be special in comparison with Telnic.

Quote:
    [/size]

Create, Edit, Move and Delete Text Ads.

[size]
    It is surely useful to have ads on Dot Tel Domains, but without management of those ads, there is little commercial use. Few ads to be placed by hand, that is fine. But what if you have 100 domains? Each 1000 folders? I don't need that feature, as obviously, I have made what I need. But that is incentive for you to make your software better.

Quote:
    [/size]

Create Bold Labels for Custom Text.

[size]
    That is nice, only I am yet to find out documentation for that. This is something I am going to include into ThetaCRM/CMS/ERP with Dot Tel Domain and Advertising Management.

Quote:
    [/size]

Create, Edit and Delete Custom Text.

[size]
    Can someone show me that custom text? What is it?

Quote:
    [/size]

UTF-8 Support & improved Cross Browser compatibility.

[size]
    Actually, I think you should not even mention "cross browser compatibility", as websites shall work on any browsers. That is wrong direction to make a website for a browser, you make website by specification and you use standard HTML, CSS and you make it that it works in all browsers.

I wonder what would happen if I fire up my web interface and compare to yours.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-18-2010 07:48 PM

Custom Text

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5577)

Can someone show me that custom text? What is it?

[size]
    example: www.tans.tel

Write out keyword records with custom labels such that label becomes bold.
    Do this via www.populate.tel -> quick update
    Technique is to write keyword record in Soap with a unique tag other than those used by telnic for free text, name, address etc (ie dont use c, ft, a1, sp etc).
    eg in PHP
    $k = $client->new_keyword('xxx', 'parapgraph of text', NULL);
    $kw->searchData->keyword[] = $k;[/size]

JLouisBiz02-18-2010 08:00 PM

Right. Is the limitation 10 such? Or is it total of 10 or what is limitation?

That is good feature, is it gets displayed within

, not bad. But probably, without orders, right?

TELcp02-18-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5577)
    Actually, I think you should not even mention "cross browser compatibility", as websites shall work on any browsers. That is wrong direction to make a website for a browser, you make website by specification and you use standard HTML, CSS and you make it that it works in all browsers.

I wonder what would happen if I fire up my web interface and compare to yours.

[size]
    No one can set (or guess) regs & specs for future versions of existing browsers. Apps available today might not work with future versions of browsers. Therefore, developers will be compelled to make necessary changes accordingly. It is not easy to achieve cross browser compatibility with multiple browsers and their versions. Template designers spend hours and days on this subject. You will learn this very soon when browsers get upgraded to newer versions. Some don't even bother about cross browser compatibility because they know what type of browsers their targetted customers use. But some need to have a wider choice for their customer base.
    Wish we could develope universal apps (once and for all) and then sit back and relax. But in reality it is not like that. Others change, then we change accordingly.

Good Luck.[/size]

JLouisBiz02-18-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 5580)
    Apps available today might not work with future versions of browsers.

[size]
    When you make standard HTML, you don't care about browsers much. If you make your HTML for browsers and not as standard HTML, you make mistake, as you are on wrong path.

The standard is free and published over http://www.w3.org 

Have your pages validated here: http://validator.w3.org

So far, it shows errors. That is basic to start. Remove errors.

Quote:
    [/size]

Template designers spend hours and days on this subject. You will learn this very soon when browsers get upgraded to newer versions. Some don't even bother about cross browser compatibility because they know what type of browsers their targetted customers use. But some need to have a wider choice for their customer base.

[size]
    Well, I don't think so. Many template designers do take care of properly validated HTML, and from there, they take care that CSS and scripts and plugins also appear in every browser.

But if you start taking care for browsers first, and forget about basics, HTML/CSS standards, that is wrong path and you will have to fight with lot more in future to have it cleaned up.[/size]

TELcp02-19-2010 04:43 AM

Rule #0

Rule #0 applies to all TELcp applications.

Rule #0 is "it's Users" (or "it's Customers/Clients").
    Looking after the customer/client's need is paramount to us than running into competition or comparison with others.

TELcp will always be optimized as per requests by the majority of the users/customers. We guarantee that Rule #0 will be maintained irrespective of any comments made by others, However, all your comments are welcome.

All the best.

P.S. - Forum users please DO NOT deviate from the topic of the thread. Thank you.

JLouisBiz02-19-2010 04:44 AM

I admit that I like this communication.

TELcp04-30-2010 06:27 AM

TELcp new version

Hi Telsters,

We have rescheduled the release date of the next version of TELcp.
    ETA June 2010.

New version will include user management with customizable language/template files and profile updates (to the .TEL pages).
    And slightly different versions for commercial directories and corporate directories in paid versions.
    Commercial versions will have a link to your PayPal/2CO system from user accounts, so users (of leased subdomains) can make payments and you will be able to identify them and approve manually. 
    Payment gateways are not directly integrated though.

We plan to release TRIAL WARE versions with limited subdomains management.

Please follow us on Twitter for latest news and updates.

Best Regards

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 11:04 am