The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel Hosting Error -- a question

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Hosting Error -- a question Empty Tel Hosting Error -- a question

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:58 pm

Holmfirth Tiger07-26-2010 10:14 PM

Tel Hosting Error -- a question

I'm getting a notification from my domains supplier which I have reprinted below. It looks to me a problem caused by growing pains and I'm awaiting a response from them. If this is a common issue caused by the requirement to provide more server space then I expect it isn't a big issue and as it's probably caused by more people investing in Dot Tel, great. However, as they have referred the error to their Line 2 "Research and Development" team I thought I'd ask if this was a common error or one I should be worried about? Have you guys seen this before?

Tel Hosting Error

s:senderns1:protocolsyntaxns1:parametervaluerangen s1:nameservershortageduetoexistingzonenot enough name servers available to fulfill your request for 5 name servers, because 5 name servers are blocked by at least one other zone.ns8:protocolsyntaxns8:parametervaluerangens8: nameservershortageduetoexistingzone55

rgolds07-26-2010 10:29 PM

I've never seen that error before. Who is your .tel registrar? Have you tried contacting their support? Depending on where this error occurred (in your browser when visiting yourname.tel, in the TelHosting panel, etc), it appears that the .tel nameservers - XX.cth.dns.nic.tel - are being blocked somewhere - possibly by your ISP or your registrar.

Holmfirth Tiger07-27-2010 12:14 PM

The error message is coming up at the tel registrar website when I attempt to activate (open the dot tels for the first time at http://my.tel-login.com/g2/login.action). I've got 12 already activated and ready for commercial launches this month. They seem to be fine. But I have another 10 I need to activate as soon as I can as they work with symbiotic links to the other 12.

The registrar is lcn.com -- whom I've used for years. I did ask them for an unlimited hosting package for my dot tels but they told me they don't host dot tel. I've been getting the message since Saturday. From what you say rgolds it could be an issue of how much server space lcn.com have allocated at Telnic. I'm hoping there can be a quick resolution...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgolds (Post 10209)
    I've never seen that error before. Who is your .tel registrar? Have you tried contacting their support? Depending on where this error occurred (in your browser when visiting yourname.tel, in the TelHosting panel, etc), it appears that the .tel nameservers - XX.cth.dns.nic.tel - are being blocked somewhere - possibly by your ISP or your registrar.

nadya07-27-2010 02:09 PM

Hi Holmfirth Tiger,

This is not related to any hosting limitations. Instead, it's a registrar issue that they can fix. The error means that there's already an active zone for a domain. Somebody's likely to have had these domains before, so you reregistered, but the registrar didn't create the new zone for you correctly. 

Please contact LCN to ask that they create the correct zones for these domains. Once LCN fix the issue, you should be able to work with your domains normally. If LCN is having difficulty with this, they should contact us via official registrar support channels.

Holmfirth Tiger07-27-2010 03:27 PM

Excellent response Nadya! I let you know how I get on.

Holmfirth Tiger08-05-2010 03:10 PM

Continuing problem

The problem was solved with the original tranche, however I now have exactly the same error code with ripponden.tel and parish.tel

Why does this keep happening?

s:senderns1:protocolsyntaxns1:parametervaluerangen s1:nameservershortageduetoexistingzonenot enough name servers available to fulfill your request for 5 name servers, because 5 name servers are blocked by at least one other zone.ns8:protocolsyntaxns8:parametervaluerangens8: nameservershortageduetoexistingzone55

Aled08-05-2010 04:28 PM

Hello Holmfirth,

you can see this issue if you purchase a name which has previously expired and:

- the previous registrar has not deleted the zone on expiry/deletion AND
    - the new registrar has not created the zone in the recommended manner

If both situations occur, as Nadya stated earlier in the thread, there will be an issue with the zone. This is something that your provider should be able to resolve for you, and if they have any questions or issues we can assist.

Thanks,

Aled

Holmfirth Tiger08-05-2010 09:41 PM

Thanks for the succinct answer Aled. I'll make the registrar fully aware of why this problem keeps cropping up.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:09 pm