The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Using goMobi with .Tel in directory sites

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Using goMobi with .Tel in directory sites Empty Using goMobi with .Tel in directory sites

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:31 pm

DirectoryDan02-03-2011 12:14 AM

Using goMobi with .Tel in directory sites

As my screen name suggests, I'm focused mainly on directory .Tel sites. I've been struggling with how to overcome objections of business owners to paying for a listing on .Tel when I can't provide them more than just contact information. A lot of them want to stand out, they want a full page "yellow pages" ad in my regional directory in addition to their "white pages" listing.

Last week I saw goMobi for the first time and the answer to the problem became obvious... use goMobi in combination with .Tel as an upsell product for those businesses that demand more! goMobi is a very good, simple, and affordable mobile website builder that can get their business on the mobile Web in less that an hour with no previous Web experience.

I took advantage of a 30-day free trial and built a sample mobile website for one of the customers I hope to land on Catalina.tel, my directory site for Catalina Island (California). I had to figure out how to do a few things out of the ordinary but it really came out well! There's a link to that site and to the free trial in the GetGoMobi.tel listing in my Forum signature.

I'd recommend that anyone doing directory sites that cater to small business take a look at the sample site to see some of the possibilities and then sign up for a free goMobi trial if you like what you see. I'm in the process of putting some of the tricks I learned into the GetGoMobi.tel site. In the meantime if you have any questions just ask.

boracay.tel02-04-2011 11:54 AM

It's worth mentioning the costs. About $50 a year to add this expanded feature set.
    That's via name.com

I looked around and found $2.50 per month with openers.com
    Its a tough upsell. Certainly worth thinking about though. But surely telnic could implement with ease a few of those tools, such as "tell a friend", or the social media icon strip, and the language translation via google translator.

The .tel mobile template is already on the correct path. It's fast, minimal, just lacking a few simple things as noted above. And the image ads that are due shortly will add some flexibility by being clickable. 

Coupons are due down the track too.

I think it's a tough upsell, and waiting on telnic is probably a better option. ???

DirectoryDan02-04-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 12550)
    It's worth mentioning the costs. About $50 a year to add this expanded feature set. That's via name.com. I looked around and found $2.50 per month with openers.com

[size]
    Thanks for adding the info on the pricing. I forgot to put that in. One additional note on the pricing... the Opensrs price of $2.50/month is for resellers and there's a $95 USD one time setup charge to become a reseller. 

Quote:
    [/size]

But surely telnic could implement with ease a few of those tools, such as "tell a friend", or the social media icon strip, and the language translation via google translator.

The .tel mobile template is already on the correct path. It's fast, minimal, just lacking a few simple things as noted above. And the image ads that are due shortly will add some flexibility by being clickable. 

Coupons are due down the track too.

[size]
    I agree with you 100% that it would be better if many of the features were included in .Tel. It's always better to have an integrated package. I'm a rather new member on this forum and still learning the different points of view that the members have. One of the areas that I sense difference is in the desire (or resistance) to making .Tel more flexible as far as the styling and functionality. Basically making it into a ",com" as someone put it.

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. .Tel will never be able to compete with .com or any of the other TLDs as far as styling and functionality. It has different strengths like being simple, light weight, mobile-friendly, SEO optimized, etc. I would favor adding any options that do not take away from these strengths and definitely there are some that need to be added. What excited me about the goMobi option is that it's just that... an option. It fills a void that's there right now without waiting for Telnic to approve and implement upgrades. You just link to it like any other website.

Quote:
    [/size]

I think it's a tough upsell, and waiting on telnic is probably a better option. ???

[size]
    I'm curious about your feeling that roughly $100 to $125 per year (marked-up retail price) for a complete, hosted, mobile website would be a tough sell. There's such a focus on getting on the mobile web right now that I would think any business would jump at this (with or without it being linked to a .Tel). A business would pay way more than this if they were to pay for independent hosting and web development. (FYI, I don't mean this to be argumentative. My whole frame of reference is based on the way business is done in the USA and if other parts of the world are different I'd like to learn.)

Dan[/size]

boracay.tel02-05-2011 04:23 AM

As for the community here in boracay, there are a LOT of similar directory projects (none of which have an easy to remember name ha!). But It's the "here we go again" reception that is our main hurdle. Even if it's free. anayway, .tel is a great technology idea...so sticking with it

Regards openSRS, we have now setup our feedback forms, coupons, blog and a few other tools. looks and fits great within the native APP i've been working on for boracay.tel 

Cheers

boracay.tel02-06-2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12570)
    It's always better to have an integrated package.
    (with or without it being linked to a .Tel).

Dan

[size]
    And that is why I've put time into building an app. .tel is almost perfect to add and modify directory data (and it's googleable to boot within a few days) but it simply lacks in navigation and style. 

Build an app. Get the whole package deal.
    .tel and go.mobi work well together when wrapped in an APP[/size]

TELcp02-20-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12513)
    As my screen name suggests, I'm focused mainly on directory .Tel sites. I've been struggling with how to overcome objections of business owners to paying for a listing on .Tel when I can't provide them more than just contact information. A lot of them want to stand out, they want a full page "yellow pages" ad in my regional directory in addition to their "white pages" listing.

[size]
    Hi,

You may find the most suitable solution here at telcp.com.

Now you can use TELcpV2.0 to explore the power of .tel (The power of .tel is a combined super power now. The formula is: .tel + OpenAuth + TELcp)

TELcpV2.0 was launced on 18th February.

Cheers!

- TELcp[/size]

dialaroom02-20-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 12905)
    Hi,

You may find the most suitable solution here at telcp.com.

Now you can use TELcpV2.0 to explore the power of .tel (The power of .tel is a combined super power now. The formula is: .tel + OpenAuth + TELcp)

TELcpV2.0 was launced on 18th February.

Cheers!

- TELcp

[size]
    Telcp - just a small point tried to register- says confirm by email in 24 hours -no email recieved as of yet.[/size]

DirectoryDan02-20-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 12910)
    Telcp - just a small point tried to register- says confirm by email in 24 hours -no email recieved as of yet.

[size]
    I just registered and received an email almost immediately.[/size]

boracay.tel02-21-2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 12910)
    Telcp - just a small point tried to register- says confirm by email in 24 hours -no email recieved as of yet.

[size]
    check your "junk" spam filter inbox. for a brief while, any emails originating from "registrations@telcp.com" were getting filtered to spam.

The process works as follows:
    once you sign-up and become a telcp owner, your OWN email is used in the invitation sent out to YOUR prospective clients. the clients then accept this email invitation by clicking the included link, and are then taken to the telcp user registration page. they choose a userID and password (all good so far) and then the telCP system sends them directly a confirmation email to click the confirm link. its THIS email that is not getting through.... so the process breaks down currently at the final leg.

I have tried a few other domains today, and all emails from registrations@telcp.com are not being received. 

the telcp guys are working on a fix.
    cheers[/size]

TELcp02-21-2011 06:44 AM

@boracay.tel

Thank you for replying on our behalf. We did not work on Sunday. FYI, we have now changed the email msg system. Unfortunately, we can not simulate this fault from here as we receive this registrations@telcp.com emails with out any problem (also Yahoo, gamil, hotmail receive this straight to regular inbox) Only few are having this problem. Would you mind simulating this few more times from your end and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

- TELcp

TELcp02-21-2011 08:59 AM

@boracay.tel

After carrying out modification to our automated mail system, we just tested and got confirmation from a client in Manila that they received tel User verification email to regular email inbox. Before the modification, they received the mail to the junk folder. How about your clients (tel Users) receiving verify emails now? Your feedback is very much appreciated.

- TELcp

boracay.tel02-21-2011 09:42 AM

yes, its now working correctly...
    and I can also confirm that multiple subdomains can be invited to and controlled by THE SAME single user. I had wondered if the system was not recognising that situation. 
    cheers

TELcp02-21-2011 10:05 AM

@boracay.tel

Thanks for the feedback.
    Hopefully others should not get tis error (email going to spam folder) hereafter. However, we will monitor feedback from other tel owners as well.

Yes, it can invite multiple sub domains for the same single user.
    Well, there are lot of things you can do with TELcpV2.0. We did not have time to document each and every small feature in the tel User/tel Owner Guide. Will be updating this on regular basis and very soon you will have a complete guide. After that will concentrate on translating to other languages.. We can not give a time frame for that at present. We have not yet decided to give priority to Complete the mobile TELcpV2.0m first or do the translations. Will, however act according to user feedback.

- TELcp

boracay.tel07-11-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12513)

Last week I saw goMobi for the first time and the answer to the problem became obvious... use goMobi in combination with .Tel as an upsell product for those businesses that demand more! goMobi is a very good, simple, and affordable mobile website builder that can get their business on the mobile Web in less that an hour with no previous Web experience.

I took advantage of a 30-day free trial and built a sample mobile website for one of the customers I hope to land on Catalina.tel, my directory site for Catalina Island (California). I had to figure out how to do a few things out of the ordinary but it really came out well! There's a link to that site and to the free trial in the GetGoMobi.tel listing in my Forum signature.

I'd recommend that anyone doing directory sites that cater to small business take a look at the sample site to see some of the possibilities and then sign up for a free goMobi trial if you like what you see. I'm in the process of putting some of the tricks I learned into the GetGoMobi.tel site. In the meantime if you have any questions just ask.

[size]
    I thought I'd revisit this topic, in light of the fact that almost 5 months has passed.
    As we wait patiently on telnic to deliver some much needed mobile functionality, (ie google ads, and search fixes) it's great to see that .mobi is not standing still, and those of us that are trying to do more can now offer a simple mobile based photo-gallery, better Facebook integration, and show specific analytics (think prospective clients own add-on pages)

Way to go.mobi ! (v1.4)

See here[/size]

energy07-12-2011 09:19 AM

I think what you're missing in this thread about goMobi is that businesses can actually promote their business.mobi URL. You can up sell the goMobi created site plus a matching .mobi domain to the business, e.g. Ray's Tools, offer them RaysTools.mobi plus a fully working mobile website and management/updating for a fixed yearly price.

There are lots of companies with .mobi sites now, so you can tell them. Check out http://mobility.mobi/forumdisplay.ph...eloped-.mobi-s
    e.g. itv.mobi, barclays.mobi, barclaycard.mobi, microsoft.mobi, xbox.mobi, jaguar.mobi, bmw.mobi, rac.mobi, etc.

Good idea to have a .tel directory in the package also, i.e. they will also be featured on e.g. Tools.tel as the main listing for California, etc. Tell them that you'll be promoting Tools.tel, and they can promote their RaysTools.mobi site.

boracay.tel07-12-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energy (Post 16198)
    Good idea to have a .tel directory in the package

[size]
    in a nutshell. (it ALL happens within the directory listing)
    .tel is great, BUT needs a subset of the go.mobi added on.

the standalone go.mobi in fact offers way way too much for this to work. As im witnessing, the resorts here (some 400) are basically happy with facebook, they add their photos, promotions etc, ie many have no idea how to even maintain their own standalone website. 
    so a directory of facebook listings? could be all thats needed in the future.... but anyway

Key go.mobi subset add-ons (to the .tel directory listing) will be:

1. "book direct with resort", that is... a form with auto-response and error checking
    2. uploading by resort staff of new "promotional" coupons, 
    3. having a resort receive a "please call me back" message by the visitor
    4. offering SMS style "tell a friend" functionality, to pass around the listing easily.
    5. their facebook added by themselves. could be a huge selling point???
    (implementation is verified by their own facebook login)

they are the key add-ons
    and then possibly this will get used

6. a simple mobile photo album (maybe will be better to just link to facebook)

7 ...and of course the new analytics tool that they can reference themselves, anytime themselves
    (about their specific BOOKINGS or FACEBOOK click-thrus etc, originating from their listing in the .tel directory.)

The free directory must be popular, trusted, thorough, uptodate. thats the free story.
    .mobi subset is the upsell. the interactive portion.
    Anyway, .tel is not offering these needed tools.
    we must move forward elsewhere. 
    end of story[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:30 pm