The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google webmaster

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google webmaster Empty Google webmaster

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:34 pm

tel4rent07-31-2011 02:24 PM

Google webmaster

Hi Aled,

I am not able to verify my .tel using google webmaster. I copied the code to keyword (Text), waited few hours than a day to try but still nothing. Can you please help?

Many thanks

Aled08-01-2011 09:40 AM

tel4rent,

If you have added the code as a free text keyword I'm afraid there's nothing further we can do to speed up the process. I believe some forum members have experienced delays in being verified in the past with it taking some days. Can anyone confirm if it's a waiting game, or best for tel4rent to retry?

dottel.net08-01-2011 09:45 AM

I haven't tried using the free text keyword method as I don't want to have my 'key' visible on the page.
    I have tried adding via google analytics but am yet to see this work...

Aled - this has been raised by others too, any update on this issue? How can we get google webmaster to validate domains it already has accepted and added to google analytics?

@tel4rent - i'd suggest using google analytics to start collecting stats on your tel domain usage while the google webmaster issue is sorted.

tel4rent08-01-2011 10:24 AM

@dottel

i am already using google analytics and it is working very well. I have not issue there. 

I was curious to try google webmaster so i gave it a go but still now i am unable to get it verify. As for note displaying the code, if there is anyway else to hide it and get validated...i will be more than happy to try it Any suggestions?

@Aled

I got curious and tried it because i saw it on one of Telnic director .tel domain. So if he is using it i guessed it is working :). By the way, the best reference are Telnic .tel pages, i always find new tools, new domains etc...treasure hunting

OK...it is huw.tel Engineering Director i am sure he can answer the question

By the way, since it is about asking new stuff...would you be kind Aled to ask him how he added his Skype and messenger live status.

Many thanks

Leskovac08-01-2011 12:07 PM

@tel4rent

you must enter a note in Google site verification, so it will permanently be verified. look at the bottom of my page http://leskovac.tel

Leskovac08-01-2011 12:44 PM

Here's how it looks. Example see this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/leskovac/5997293159 only two minutes

tel4rent08-01-2011 03:03 PM

@Leskovac

Many thanks for the help.

i tried the steps but the site is still not found. I will give it another try later in the day. Thanks for the help. If it does not work, i will let you know. May be you can suggest something else.

Aled08-01-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 16548)

Aled - this has been raised by others too, any update on this issue? How can we get google webmaster to validate domains it already has accepted and added to google analytics?

[size]
    No update on verification using just Analytics I'm afraid. As far as we are aware, Google still isn't recognising these as validated with regards to Webmaster tools.[/size]

Leskovac08-01-2011 05:45 PM

@tel4rent
    put in the notes, wait to Telnic server records this information and after 5-10 minutes of attempting to verify the domain. It is the only way to verification domain.

dob08-01-2011 06:32 PM

Maybe Telnic will add Google Analytics tracking code in in the (not the ) section ?
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...?answer=185871

Aled08-02-2011 09:04 AM

dob - placing additional javascript in the header would slow down the loading of the .tel proxy page, so it's something which we try to avoid whenever possible.

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 2:43 am