The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TelProxy Update

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TelProxy Update Empty TelProxy Update

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:35 pm

Aled10-15-2013 10:12 AM

TelProxy Update

We've made an update to the TelProxy this week, resulting in the following improvements:

1. An increase in the number of allowed images ads in the desktop TelProxy from
    current:

a. Top – Increases from 2 to 6

b. Right - Increases from 5 to 6

c. Bottom – Increases from 5 to 6

2. An Increase in the maximum dimension on smartphone image ads from the current 300x150px to a more standard 4:3 ratio of 300x225px. This will have no effect on images currently being used as smartphone image ads (unless the actual dimensions are 4:3 in which case they will be displayed in more appropriate dimensions)

3. Suppression of the message "The domain xxxxx.tel does not contain any records." When a domain doesn’t contain any NAPTR records

Thanks,
    Aled

Lostwithiel10-15-2013 10:57 AM

Great News Aled!

And it works. see http://pictures.groups.u3a.lostwithiel.tel/

Thanks very much, a welcome improvement! 

Regards,

Keith

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-15-2013 02:13 PM

Thanks kindly. No more random images, well unless you have more than 6. Will be good for product sites, restaurants, photographers, artists, realtors.
    Mark

tony mayo10-15-2013 03:14 PM

Much appreciated, Aled and Telnic.. 
    Looking forward to using on some of my directories

dutchstreetdog10-15-2013 04:28 PM

Great news verry haapy
    And even more work;)

TelRise10-15-2013 08:03 PM

That is good news.
    And like Dutchstreetdog above - there's work to be done - but not tonight - I'll get onto Telmasters later in the week.
    Lostwithiel - your site looks great.

tindaya10-15-2013 10:47 PM

Thanks. Now looks better, one of my examples: http://reyes.tel/

But telmasters.com of Mark, now I think don´t get the template, so put always the estandard 1. I think is for the change, because before was well. Now must check allways the template 6 or 8, because by default is 1

dutchstreetdog10-15-2013 11:18 PM

And dont forget to order your 0906.tel :)))
    Today its on boys, just bought about 25
    Sombody mabey 2 figure domain or 007 ?

supercyberheroes10-16-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27506)
    We've made an update to the TelProxy this week, resulting in the following improvements:

current:

2. An Increase in the maximum dimension on smartphone image ads from the current 300x150px to a more standard 4:3 ratio of 300x225px. This will have no effect on images currently being used as smartphone image ads (unless the actual dimensions are 4:3 in which case they will be displayed in more appropriate dimensions)

3. Suppression of the message "The domain xxxxx.tel does not contain any records." When a domain doesn’t contain any NAPTR records

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    - This change apply for both PC and mobile? I mean how many pictures we can add on the top and bottom on a mobile pone?

- In the 3 point can any one explain to me about suppression of the message? what exactly does means?

Thank very much

Regards[/size]

Aled10-16-2013 11:14 AM

Number one just relates to desktop.

With regards to number 3, previously if you just had images and ads, but no contact information, there would be a warning - "The domain xxxxx.tel does not contain any records." That won't happen any longer.

Blunderer10-16-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27517)

With regards to number 3, previously if you just had images and ads, but no contact information, there would be a warning - "The domain xxxxx.tel does not contain any records." That won't happen any longer.

[size]
    In such instances please confirm that without a record the page would not be found through a TelPages search.[/size]

Aled10-16-2013 12:47 PM

That's correct. It still needs a NAPTR to be indexed in TelPages.

supercyberheroes10-16-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

[size]
    Thanks aled[/size]

boracay.tel10-24-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

[size]
    Re the 6 images at top.
    How about An extra template to go with that 
    (ie the 6 images "in-line" across the top horizontally)

This was suggested.
    A row of icons.
    Almost there.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-25-2013 01:06 PM

Re row of icons, to clarify, each small icon would be used as a menu bar, each generally linking to a subdomain. Aled, need a prototype?
    Mark

boracay.tel10-25-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27554)
    Re row of icons, to clarify, each small icon would be used as a menu bar, each generally linking to a subdomain. Aled, need a prototype?
    Mark

[size]
    Yes, clickable images linking to subsequent .tel url's 
    (AND navigation staying within the same window)

Yes yes yes please.
    A prototype template. 
    Pro.tel are we back???[/size]

boracay.tel06-17-2014 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27506)

current:

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    so i think that was the last update....

Aled, i strongly championed last year for icons to be implemented AS TEXT to be used in the CTH. i can't find that thread, but I sent telnic (and mark did too) example of using the text icons.

a New standardised UNICODE is available from the unicodeconsortium.
    please allow for these icons to be used as default as its no longer an add-on, its standard part of unicode.
    "The Unicode Consortium on Monday announced the latest Unicode Standard version 7.0 release includes 2,834 new characters"

these icons should be a standard part of being used in the CTH
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1F300.pdf

see here...
    "In a post to its official blog, the Unicode Consortium announced the new characters, which include new currency symbols, 23 historic scripts and the widely-used emoji character lineup, along with other assets. The Unicode Standard allows for cohesive implementation of text characters across various software, including platforms like iOS and Google's Android."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/...s-not-included[/size]

mic07-08-2014 04:48 PM

just test for text icon
    i'm not sure this forum support it or not...

🍺 
    (by reference number)

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 6:45 pm