The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Top Ten SEO tips for a .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Top Ten SEO tips for a .tel Empty Top Ten SEO tips for a .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:39 am

dialaroom01-23-2011 11:46 AM

Top Ten SEO tips for a .tel

I wonder if we can get a definitive top ten tips to optimise our .tels for search engines. Then we can have a post on the best way to implement them, will benefit all .tels and Telnic. The below are not in any specific order, we can do that later.
    1. Use some Long Tail URLs - suggested by Cees
    2. Backlinks - (one way, not reciprocal, with high PR if poss, if not any will do) - suggested by dialaroom

nadya01-23-2011 11:56 AM

Some quite useful tips in Henri's presentation

dialaroom01-23-2011 12:25 PM

Thanks Nadya a few useful tips there, suprised I've not seen that before.

The below are not in any specific order, we can do that later.
    2. Backlinks - (one way, not reciprocal, with high PR if poss, if not any will do) - suggested by dialaroom
    3. Age and Content - Henri's video

dob01-24-2011 10:13 AM

For beginners: google search engine optimization starter guide.pdf and SEOMoz Blog

dialaroom01-24-2011 02:46 PM

Thanks dob. Good reference. I was particularly looking for tips for .tels as opposed to normal web sites.

Aled01-24-2011 03:22 PM

One tip I would make is to avoid excessive duplicate content with another website in the Keywords. We've seen some .tels that have dropped in the rankings due to paragraphs being copied to them from the corresponding .coms. Removing the content and creating new content for the keywords has seen them rise back up.

Another minor but extremely important one is to always add a title to your .tel. Never leave it blank so that the .tel name is automatically used. Not only is it unatractive to visitors to the site it can also have an effect on your SEO.

dialaroom01-24-2011 08:13 PM

Thanks Aled, added yours below

4. Avoid excessive duplicate content with another website in the Keywords - suggested by Aled
    5.Another minor but extremely important one is to always add a title to your .tel. Never leave it blank - Aled
    6. If you have a normal web sitehost your images/logos for your .tel on them so that any linkjuice is to your normal sites not gravatar or someone elses. - dialaroom
    7. Use a relevant description under the avatar. - suggested by maximka

maximka01-26-2011 11:29 PM

7. Use a relevant description under the avatar.

By the way, today I saw my Calella_tel at first page in Bing and Yahoo searchers for a word "Calella".

tindaya01-27-2011 12:18 AM

is it posible to put only once a photo, and write in all directorys?

One question about avatar. Is it posible to put only one time the photo or the avatar, and that photo is put in all directorys? like google adsense, I put only one time, and it´s in all places. I´ll like the same with de avatar.
    libros
    tdah

maximka01-27-2011 12:36 AM

tindaya, as I know now you can put one avatar in a page at one time. If you want to put avatars to all pages then you need to repeat that process manually at every page.

Perhaps, if you will use telmasters services, you can do this process easier - but I do not know it exactly. Besides, may be it will be not good for SEO to put the avatar with the same URL at every page of your TEL.

dialaroom01-27-2011 10:33 AM

maximka - No 7 added
    tindaya - Telmasters does have a tool fo adding avatar/logo to multiple pages/directories, however following on from maximka's tip, if you add them manually you can add a different description tag each time you do, this is another way of getting some keywords in you description.

tindaya01-27-2011 12:22 PM

Thanks, I'll check it. I think the best it´s can to choose, because depend the situation that you are looking for.

TDAH
    libros

Cees01-30-2011 03:07 AM

Don't forget about the positive effects of a sister site.

dialaroom01-30-2011 01:07 PM

Top Ten SEO tips for a .tel update

Thanks Cees
    4. Avoid excessive duplicate content with another website in the Keywords - suggested by Aled
    5.Another minor but extremely important one is to always add a title to your .tel. Never leave it blank - Aled
    6. If you have a normal web sitehost your images/logos for your .tel on them so that any linkjuice is to your normal sites not gravatar or someone elses. - dialaroom
    7. Use a relevant description under the avatar. - suggested by maximka 
    8. Sister sites are good to hold pics forms info etc. and links - Cees

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 3:16 am