The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Audio Clip

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Audio Clip Empty Audio Clip

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:38 am

ynp06-22-2011 02:49 AM

Audio Clip

Has anyone put a link within their .tel page that immediately upon clicking plays an audio clip?

thanks in advance

tel4rent06-22-2011 08:24 AM

I haven't tried it but would be interested to know the results.

TELcp06-22-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 15606)
    Has anyone put a link within their .tel page that immediately upon clicking plays an audio clip?
    thanks in advance

[size]
    Yes, the link will open your audio clip (or video clip) in a new window.

Hope this helps[/size]

ynp06-22-2011 08:04 PM

Thanks TELcp, could you provide an example? Have you tried it from any mobile devices with success?

Blunderer06-23-2011 09:22 AM

HolmfirthTiger was trying to achieve this last year but I think the consensus was that the adio clip would have to be hosted elsewhere, open in a new window.

Are there any known sites which provide free hosting of audio clips?

TELcp06-23-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 15639)
    Thanks TELcp, could you provide an example? Have you tried it from any mobile devices with success?

[size]
    @ynp

Like Blunderer says, you need to host it somewhere else and provide only it's link within the .tel page. Then, when someone clicks the link on the tel page, the file will open in a new window (this is as same as what happens when you click an image ad or Adsense on tel page). 

There are free audio/video clip hosting sites. Pls Google and see which one suits your requirement.

Hope this helps.[/size]

ynp06-23-2011 11:06 PM

Thank you for your reponses, I understand the audio clip must be hosted. I would still love an example to see if this works on different mobile devices that I test. I understand it will be a link to an audio file, but would really love to see an example of this and how it performs with different devices.

TELcp06-24-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 15696)
    I would still love an example to see if this works on different mobile devices that I test. I understand it will be a link to an audio file, but would really love to see an example of this and how it performs with different devices.

[size]
    When audio/video clip link within .tel opens in a new window, it is independent from the .tel domain. There are different frameworks available for such audio/video clip display on mobile devices. I am afraid such discussion is outside the scope of this forum. I suggest you do a search on Google using the right combination of keywords for your requirement.

Cheers![/size]

supercyberheroes06-24-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 15696)
    Thank you for your reponses, I understand the audio clip must be hosted. I would still love an example to see if this works on different mobile devices that I test. I understand it will be a link to an audio file, but would really love to see an example of this and how it performs with different devices.

[size]
    Hi you have an example its not mine site but I believe It will help you check this site: http://registrations.tel there you can watch a video click

I have a site that I support it has links with video click to youtube.com this site is: http://alejandragarzon.tel

regards
    http://3dstore.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

TelRise06-25-2011 12:53 PM

Here's a text link to an audio clip (walking tour guide) I put on Mayfair.tel; listen.mayfair.tel
    It works fine on iphone anyway.

ynp06-25-2011 08:19 PM

Thank you for all the responses, and especially thank you TelRise for providing an example at listen.mayfair.tel of a click to audio clip. I have tried it on a few droid devices and it worked quite well. This is just another great selling point to the .tel (so many uses for audio from mobile devices, mind boggling) as well as a useful tool for those building .tel domains.

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 1:30 am