The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Feature request: "iframe"

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Feature request: "iframe" Empty Feature request: "iframe"

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:20 am

View Poll Results: Allow an "iframe"
    Yes
    candobJensMark Kolb (Kprobe)Redirects.telSimon Gsupercyberheroestel4renttindaya,unlocktel
    Feature request: "iframe" Bar2-lFeature request: "iframe" Bar2Feature request: "iframe" Bar2-rFeature request: "iframe" Clear1090.91%
    No
    telrific
    Feature request: "iframe" Bar3-lFeature request: "iframe" Bar3Feature request: "iframe" Bar3-rFeature request: "iframe" Clear19.09%
    Voters: 11.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Feature request: "iframe" Empty Re: Feature request: "iframe"

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:20 am

Redirects.tel12-09-2011 06:02 AM

Feature request: "iframe"

Allow a defined area for each template to embed an "iframe". This will be a .tel owners dream (if he chooses) to achieve unlimited creativity and flexibility.

Keep many disolutioned .tel owners renewing, and delivers a major new attraction to website creators that have completely dismissed .tel due to inflexibility.

Win.win.

maximka12-09-2011 03:40 PM

----- deleted for privacy because of forum migration -----

dottel.net12-09-2011 04:37 PM

just so everyone is on the same page here - adding iframes to show content hosted elsewhere will do nothing for your search rankings. What would be better and more useful is the ability to embedded your own html which if you chose can easily be an iframe, etc 

For an example of how this works and its advantages go to google blogger and play around with the adding the html widget.

That's the reason I didn't vote as I would prefer this to be added vs being limited to just an iframe.

maximka12-09-2011 04:42 PM

dottel.net12-09-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 19608)
    The place inside of the DNS is limited and restricted. How you want to insert big HTML content and make sure the space doesn't spill over?

By implementing iFrames into .tel domains you just need to add some specification like resource and frame borders. That's it!

[size]
    Anything with a space restriction can obviously have a cap limiting the amount of content. Opening it up to html allows the user more options with what to do with this 'limited space'. 

Many affiliate feeds, widgets etc don't actually use iframes and use javascript. Again these could be incorporated if we had some custom html space vs a restricted to only iframe option.[/size]

maximka12-09-2011 04:56 PM

maximka12-09-2011 04:59 PM

dottel.net12-09-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19611)
    dottel.net, you mean search rankings of TEL-site or of COM-site?

[size]
    the tel site[/size]

dottel.net12-09-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 19612)
    Yes, of course HTML has its advantages, but your suggestion could be too expansive for the DNS restrictions of .tel domains.

I would be already more than happy if I could refer to a standard picture size, a standard YouTube video or a fixed Flash animation.

[size]
    hey - while we're wishing, wish for the moon. it all goes onto a large list for consideration :)[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-09-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19606)
    just so everyone is on the same page here - adding iframes to show content hosted elsewhere will do nothing for your search rankings. What would be better and more useful is the ability to embedded your own html which if you chose can easily be an iframe, etc 

For an example of how this works and its advantages go to google blogger and play around with the adding the html widget.

That's the reason I didn't vote as I would prefer this to be added vs being limited to just an iframe.

[size]
    I doubt Telnic would ever allow real html to be added, other than allowing for formatting of text with tags. Adding your own HTML will impact the look and feel of .tel. I'm hoping that iframes can be added in various sizes and locations. These can be controlled by Telnic without impacting the look and feel. There is almost no performance or security impact to Telnic servers by having small iframes because iframes are client-side (ie browser not server).
    Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-09-2011 05:54 PM

Telnic can also lessen the impact of iframes by limiting the amount of html that can be stored to snippets no larger than 4K. 
    Mark

dottel.net12-09-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19617)
    I doubt Telnic would ever allow real html to be added, other than allowing for formatting of text with tags. Adding your own HTML will impact the look and feel of .tel. I'm hoping that iframes can be added in various sizes and locations. These can be controlled by Telnic without impacting the look and feel. There is almost no performance or security impact to Telnic servers by having small iframes because iframes are client-side (ie browser not server).
    Mark

[size]
    ? The content of the iframe won't be limited so I don't follow what you're saying regarding how that won't impact the look and feel and yet html will? The location, size, etc can still be restricted as its position. To understand and actually see a demo go to Google blogger and try adding a html widget.

Regarding security, the issue and reason for resistance by Telnic is that the content of the iframe is not restricted and thereby could contain malicious code. To date you can't do this on a tel page you view as there's no mechanism to allow any such introduction.[/size]

dottel.net12-09-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19618)
    Telnic can also lessen the impact of iframes by limiting the amount of html that can be stored to snippets no larger than 4K. 
    Mark

[size]
    if you allow an iframe you only really need the url for the content of the iframe and visual settings like width, size, etc. so there's no actual size impact except storing the url (which they already facilitate). But that's not the concern here, its the security aspect they mentioned a while ago[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-09-2011 06:11 PM

@dottel actually I stand corrected. Iframe is a URL to content. But the content runs outside of Telnic so there is no impact to the tel domain either at the performance level or security level. Malicious code cannot be injected into a tel domain. 

On a related note, I believe that Google AdSense runs inside a hidden iframe. So why not allow other verified content providers to supply scripts to run inside iframes? Provide access in the same manner as Adsense support - a couple of parameters inserted into a standard vendor script that embedded by Telnic. That way verified iframe scripts can be added to support affiliates, videos, image galleries, etc.

Mark

dottel.net12-09-2011 06:12 PM

@jens - absolutely - the world's moved on. there are ways and means to tackle this issue or restrict it.
    just look at the xxx extension. they will be scanning all sites hosted on their extension for malware, viruses, etc

regarding doing this for restricted resources, they already have (so they have the know how to do this)... that's the google adsense we see.

dottel.net12-09-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19622)
    @dottel actually I stand corrected. Iframe is a URL to content. But the content runs outside of Telnic so there is no impact to the tel domain either at the performance level or security level. Malicious code cannot be injected into a tel domain. 

On a related note, I believe that Google AdSense runs inside a hidden iframe. So why not allow other verified content providers to supply scripts to run inside iframes? Provide access in the same manner as Adsense support - a couple of parameters inserted into a standard vendor script that embedded by Telnic. That way verified iframe scripts can be added to support affiliates, videos, image galleries, etc.

Mark

[size]
    concern from telnic is around perception - the malicious code will not be from the tel domain as its an iframe. but for a laymen when the navigate to a tel domain and get the malicious code/attack they won't know it was an iframe and the perception is it was from a tel domain.

anyway its getting close to pub time here in the uk. have a great weekend all![/size]

maximka12-09-2011 08:14 PM

unlocktel12-09-2011 10:32 PM

we need tools to work its 2012 soon i need video

unlocktel12-10-2011 12:00 AM

why do you think they did not add iframes and pictures adsense ect in the first place.
    this is a big mystery for me.if your selling anything you make it look good i spend hours making my shop window look good....why did they not do this with dot tel whos in charge .

unlocktel12-10-2011 12:39 AM

but the same people are in charge!

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 10:30 am