The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

NO SSL connection to CTH

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

NO SSL connection to CTH Empty NO SSL connection to CTH

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:49 am

TELcp02-11-2012 02:06 PM

NO SSL connection to CTH

It looks like many Registrars are forgetting to renew the SSL certs to CTH connection.

Today I found Moniker's SSL cert is missing.
    This leaves a big security hole in the connection to CTH login page.

Being one of their customers, I have already informed them.

note: As a result of this, tel Owners/tel Users connections to CTH via TELcp will fail as TELcp powered websites do not support your requests without ssl encryption.

Cheers!

P.S. Use this thread to discuss about missing SSL connections to CTH. Thanks.

mikeseaton02-11-2012 03:55 PM

This is odd - Moniker pride themselves on their domain security and having used them for years for .com I can confirm their attention to this part of domain management is very high.

Could be a couple of reasons for this apparent lapse:

1. They were bought out 3 days ago by another organisation KeyDrive S.A. (a Luxembourg based Internet holding company)
    - see [url=https://www.snapnames.com/pr/KeyDrive Moniker and SnapNames PR.pdf]https://www.snapnames.com/pr/KeyDriv...Names%20PR.pdf[/url]

2. They have lost interest in .tel with its extra requirement, compared to other extensions, for CTH hosting by the registrar.

Take your pick - or has anyone got any other theories ?

Mike Seaton

Blunderer02-11-2012 04:19 PM

Domain Monster's SSL certificate expired recently. I got in touch with them, including a screenshot of the warning notice that appeared on my screen, and they got it renewed within a few days. Must be the season for it!

P.S. As advised by you guys, I din't edit any of my sites until the problem was resolved.

TELcp02-11-2012 05:27 PM

@Mike

Definitely NOT the first reason.
    Because their other secured services are intact.

However, Moniker is not the same as what it used to be during Monte's time.
    Hope new owners of Moniker will do better than oversee.net.

@Telnic
    Telnic should make it mandatory for all Registrars to have a SSL protection for CTH login page.

Regards

mikeseaton02-11-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 20308)
    However, Moniker is not the same as what it used to be during Monte's time.

[size]
    And look what Monte has moved onto - helping to launch the new 2012 TLDs (and reignite existing ones) at RightOfTheDot 

As they say timing in business (particularly the internet) is everything !

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp02-16-2012 03:14 PM

@Aled

Please check PM.
    Have sent a list of 6 registrars (2 very popular & reputed) who have failed to renew SSL certs to CTH.

These registrars either did not bother to look at the SSL cert renewal notices or just have ignored them.

For those who are not familiar with SSL cert renewals......
    It is only a matter paying subscriptions (average 50-100 US$ per year) and changing few lines of two files manually at your hosting account. Since SSL certs business is very competitive today, they keep sending reminders every 60,30,14,7,5,2,1 days for renewal. So, you can understand how people neglect these important (to their customers) things in their paid services.

Didn't want to publish their (registrars') names here and create a panic situation among the forum members. But remember NOT to use your login credentials on an unsecured page. 

I am sure Aled will take care of it.

Cheers!

Aled02-16-2012 03:18 PM

If anyone has a specific instance of a registrar not having a valid SSL certificate for their control panel (you will know this as you will get a security warning when you try and log in), please let us know and we can follow up with them directly regarding your issue, as we have done with Blunderer previously and are doing so for TelCP currently.

TELcp02-16-2012 05:08 PM

@Aled

I'm sorry to bring this up again.
    How about http://www.telfriends.com/login_input.action.

It needs either its own SSL cert or should be redirected to https://telfriends.tel/login_input.action.

TelFriends' private data view is also important as CTH login.

Thanks

TELcp06-03-2012 06:28 AM

Attention All,

CTH connection at https://www.teladmin.net (Gandi.net) is not secure at present.

++++

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 12:31 am