The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Setting a Background image through the .tel control panel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Setting a Background image through the .tel control panel Empty Setting a Background image through the .tel control panel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:21 am

Aled10-28-2014 11:11 AM

Setting a Background image through the .tel control panel

We have today updated the .tel control panel (CTH) so that a background image can be added. As with the logo, the image does need to be stored on the web, but for background images we have integrated Dropbox functionality, so any images hosted at Dropbox can quickly and easily be added as a background to your .tel domain.

Please note that background images are not possible with all templates (e.g. some templates fill the entire width of the page). A definitive list of which templates can be used and lots of other information regarding background images can be found in our guide at http://telnic.org/downloads/backgroundimage.pdf.

We have noticed this morning that as Domain Monster have significantly customised their CTH, there is a minor layout issue which affects the display of the help question mark in their control panel. This has no impact on the functionality and we will be advising Domain Monster on how this can be corrected.

If you do have any other questions regarding this, please let me know.

tindaya10-28-2014 12:23 PM

Thanksssssssssssss
    I have added it in http://dominiotel.blogspot.com.es/

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-28-2014 01:31 PM

Thanks. Nice to see, however it is not valid for templates 9+ for the time being through the CTH. You can still use Telmasters/TelVision for those. Note that it defaults to image stretch option which is the perfect option of the three available in the API. Just make sure your image is approximately about 1440 wide x 1080 high for best fit (I use 1500 x 1000).
    Mark

tony mayo10-28-2014 01:37 PM

Great work Telnic. 
    And Mark's advice re: image size is spot on.

boracay.tel10-28-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 28205)
    Thanks. Nice to see, however it is not valid for templates 9+ for the time being through the CTH. 
    Mark

[size]
    thanks but...
    as i use a lighter colour header (reverse template 6 with dark text) how much longer before i can use this function in the CTH?[/size]

Aled10-28-2014 05:55 PM

There are no plans currently to extend the templates available through the CTH, but I shall certainly record your feedback and request.

boracay.tel10-28-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 28208)
    There are no plans currently to extend the templates available through the CTH, but I shall certainly record your feedback and request.

[size]
    why? its just a reverse of light on dark text in the header
    If i am the only person requesting this, i sincerely apologise for raising it[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 7:38 pm