The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+8
Toady Bucks
Sunrise
maxi
TelBlogger
as
Toptel
whatthetel
12 posters

Not even one?

whatthetel

Warning level : 100 %

Not even one? Empty Not even one?

Post by whatthetel 2016-12-21, 3:56 am

So no sub-domains, but what if we're someone who wants to use the Telnic template, does not mind its one page, but does not want to use the main top level "something.tel" and prefers to use a sub domain "something.something.tel" with a redirect from something.tel to something.something.tel eg if you use a first and last name structure first.last.tel to go with your email first@last.tel but don't want to use a compressed firstlast.tel structure because maybe its taken or maybe you just don't like it, or you use a branding combination? my.brand.tel, or some kinda local town thing, some.place.tel, or some.event.tel. or some.thing.tel as opposed to last.tel, brand.tel, place.tel, event.tel.

I see a good chunk of domains other than larger seo directories will loose significance and value in Telnics new product and they will be forced to host elsewhere, and if they don't have any technical skills they will drop the tel or frustratingly put up with what Telnic provides which will drive an undercurrent of hate if like me, they just prefer to use one sub domain. 

Can't we have just one if we don't want to use the naked singular top of the domain?

I'm guessing one, opens the door to 5, and then to many more, so I'm guessing no.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Not even one? Empty Re: Not even one?

Post by Toptel 2016-12-21, 4:06 am

Very important aspect you have mentioned here!

It's sad that .tel owners are forced to use web hosting if they want to use only one sub domain in the future.

The Telnames template looks nice, but as soon I want to insert only a little bit more of content, then I immediately have to switch to another web hosting provider.

That is really, really bad!
    Even Telnic should understand this without a lot of thinking.

By losing the ability to create one or two sub domains, .tel is losing a huge benefit from the past!
    as
    as
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by as 2016-12-21, 4:23 am

Yes, .tel is not only losing the ability to provide comprehensive content, but also the ability to use long-tail keywords as described here: http://teldomains.co/?go=tips

Mark has promoted this heavily in the past.
    It seems that Telnic was or is not interested in what Mark was targeting.

Post by 4444 2016-12-21, 5:26 am

I guess that Telnic hasn't spoken to anyone before deciding the changes the next year.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-21, 5:35 am

4444 wrote:I guess that Telnic hasn't spoken to anyone before deciding the changes the next year.

Of course not!

Telnic doesn't speak with customers!
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-21, 5:48 am

I suspect the transition will eventually be to only third party hosted websites and the useless Telhosting platform will be dropped altogether.

F**knic are solely driven by cost now and ultimately the cost of operating Telhosting will mean it is no longer used.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-21, 5:59 am

TelBlogger wrote:I suspect the transition will eventually be to only third party hosted websites and the useless Telhosting platform will be dropped altogether.

That isn't what Telnic announced - and Telnic has always done what Telnic announced without considering the consequences or without considering customer needs.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-21, 7:09 am

Toptel wrote:
    TelBlogger wrote:I suspect the transition will eventually be to only third party hosted websites and the useless Telhosting platform will be dropped altogether.

That isn't what Telnic announced - and Telnic has always done what Telnic announced without considering the consequences or without considering customer needs.
    There was no future in the Telhosting platform anyway because it can't do anything like a normal website. 

You can host a free one-pager on Blogger.com optimized for a range of devices and point it to a domain name for free too.

Telhosting is restrictive and pointless.

.tel now has a chance IMO.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-21, 7:34 am

@TelBlogger

Understood!

But is .tel without restrictions better than .online, .shop, .top, .vip or .web (to name only 5 competitors)?

Post by 4444 2016-12-21, 7:54 am

If Telhosting isn't useable by the mainstream, then Telnic has wasted exactly 8 years (from launch in March 2009 till lifting all limitations in March 2017)!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-21, 8:08 am

TelBlogger wrote:Telhosting is restrictive and pointless.

A strong indication that you are right are the low registration numbers both at Telnic and especially at Telnames.

Post by 4444 2016-12-21, 8:13 am

If TelBlogger is right, then it doesn't matter if Telnic will offer sub domains or only the Telnames template, because nobody will use Telhosting anyway.

But then, I'm afraid that nobody will use .tel at all.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-21, 9:37 am

4444 wrote:If Telhosting isn't useable by the mainstream
    Why do you say that Telhosting was/is not in use? May be some of this discussion participants were not using it but that does not mean that it was not in use. Telhosting was and is in use by many people, me including.

P.S.
    If the "mainstream" didn't used Telhosting that is because "mainstream" simply registered TELs and was waiting for somebody who will buy their TELs for $$$.

Then they will be allowed to create "normal" website, they will again not do anything and will simply wait for buyers of their TELs. Of course, may be one or two persons from them will do 1.5 site on TEL and will say to us proudly: "Look, we created it!". But it will be all the perfomance.

Last edited by maxi on 2016-12-21, 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : P.S. added)
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2016-12-21, 9:53 am

maxi wrote:Telhosting was and is in use by many people, me including.

This isn't many:
    http://registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=TEL
    And 99 % of these registered domains are empty.

To get a realistic impression, please compare the registration numbers with other TLDs:
    http://registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

Post by 4444 2016-12-21, 9:57 am

maxi wrote:Why do you say that Telhosting was/is not in use? May be some of this discussion participants were not using it but that does not mean that it was not in use. Telhosting was and is in use by many people, me including.

That's another problem:

All data of all currently published .tel domains will be deleted in three months!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-21, 10:00 am

4444 wrote:That's another problem:

All data of all currently published .tel domains will be deleted in three months!
    Yes, Bastinda do her his work.
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Slogan : Find Info Fast

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-21, 2:40 pm

Telhosting is a secure, uniform, specific, development friendly, stable, device responsive, search engine finding, citation dream come true and blazingly fast way to serve information from the DNS. Not useless in my opinion. Far from it. I bought them fully knowing that you had to use Telhosting and thats why I bought them.

If people wanted a domain to host a regular website then they could and can buy a domain you can do that with? There were lots of choices for this even back then.

Or was it that people bought and then realized hey I can't sell this for much now cause its not a normal domain, I'm so sad please make it normal. They cared not one bit about creating anything of value. Well you have that option now but how much you can sell it for with all the new domains is anyone's guess.

It is sad to have to build a regular website for me (cause I'm lazy, have other things I'd rather do, had a perfect solution for what I needed already done) but since I know how to, and do build them, I can. Telhosting saved me a lot of work. But there's still gold in dem darn hills

Big take away and what I've learned. Telnic can do what it wants regardless of the legality or morality of it, who knows perhaps they will take away the ability to serve your own content for the .tel in future.

And content is king more than ever now with all the extensions out there, so bound to be some pretty cool stuff created and parking and cyber squatting a thing of the past. Don't get me wrong I'm all for domain investing, its just that now people will have to invest in people to make a go of it.
    We all win.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2016-12-21, 4:39 pm

4444 wrote:If TelBlogger is right, then it doesn't matter if Telnic will offer sub domains or only the Telnames template, because nobody will use Telhosting anyway.

To check the current number of indexed Telnames .TEL Domains (not necessarily populated) use the Google query
    site:.tel "powered+by+telnames.com"

My computer gives 1010 results today 21 December 2016.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-22, 3:13 am

Telhosting is a waste of time. You can do far more on the free Blogger.com for instance.

Why would you use an extremely limited one page format (as all Telhosting will become) in a 1960's cold-war Soviet design?

Even with subdomains the Telhosting format never offered a high quality product that you could take to advertisers and people who would pay for a listing.

Telhosting was not even searchable from its search box within subdomains only the subdomain titles so it was effectively useless for directories.

Telhosting is, at its core, a useless abortion of an idea that the market and most domain professionals have rejected.

Be thankful that third party hosting is going to be available and that you will be able to use a .tel domain without any control by the f**kwits at Telnic..
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-23, 2:53 pm

Ok, so I got quite a chuckle after reading Telhostings appearance is like a 1960's cold-war Soviet design. Nailed it.

So any ideas about what it should have looked like?

Telnic will not be in control of any new "Telhosting" solutions that come out. But the solution providers will be in control.

The new "solutions" will work on any extension of course not just .tel. For that matter there are already CMS directory solutions available as has been pointed out on this forum. Your wide open in your choices now to use any thing you like as to what your .tel will look like on the internet, whether you own (control) it yourself or a platform like Blogger owns (controls) it.

But not having the DNS with these solutions will be missing a technological advantage that made TElhosting  bearable in spite of its looks. And some on this forum get that and some really probably never did understand this or use it to their advantage.

DNS will only exist on Telnames template. Which is of course why it is gone from Telhosting in order to create scarcity, uniqueness and exclusivity for Telnames. This is still an opportunity for Telnic and so it should be. Are they not the owners with the right to profit off their creation? Unfortunately they are doing something despicable in the process by nuking everyone's sites. 

And if you use any of the new paid for solutions or "free" (and do not build your own website the way you want) you will get what they provide.

So lets let those .tel solution providers know a head of time what we would like to have rather than whining about it afterwards.
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2016-12-23, 3:16 pm

I'm not aware about any company that intends to develop a new Telhosting platform.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2016-12-23, 4:56 pm

di7 wrote:I'm not aware about any company that intends to develop a new Telhosting platform.

Neither am I - as I understand it ALL Telnic Registrars will cease to offer (or have access to the software to modify it) ANY TelHosting from March 2017 onwards.

Telnic Ltd. the Registry will handle the TelHosting facility for everyone from March 2017, using the setup they already have in place for the single-page template they used to sell direct via their 100% owned subsidiary company Telnames Ltd.

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. I am really surprised Telnic/Telnames allowed the Promo domain http://YourBusiness.tel they use on their Home Page advertising at http://www.Telnic.org to drop - it's now owned by Roy Gavin.

PPS. It's a good job Roy Gavin is a fan of .TEL - otherwise from March 2017 he could simply redirect this Promo domain for Telnic to any web site of his choice, once the DNS is opened up !
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-23, 6:56 pm

No one said this third party provider or solution provider was going to use Tel hosting servers at Telnic. We know that won't exist. Heck it might be that a solution provider doesn't even materialize. But what would we like them to build us if they did?

Maybe this forum is not the place to ask that question.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-23, 7:05 pm

Toady Bucks wrote:But what would we like them to build us if they did?

Maybe this forum is not the place to ask that question.
    Perhaps, they could look here:

Telnic's official forum (closed on 14th January 2015) .tel Dreams
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-23, 7:53 pm

Ha Ha, that's a good one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content