The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email

god.tel
    god.tel

.tel domain : faith.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 25
    Warning level : 100 %

Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email Empty Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email

Post by god.tel 2017-03-19, 4:16 pm

I just registered a new .TEL domain with Dynadot a few minutes ago (March 19, 2017 at 3:09pm CST), and this was the automated Email that was sent to me. I think someone forgot to change how they handle .TEL domain registrations... I know they disabled the telhost.dynadot.com sign in web page to mange .TEL domains using the old control panel on March 13th.

Dear myname,

Thank you for choosing Dynadot as your .TEL registrar! .TEL is a unique domain that comes with a free hosting plan. To set up your .TEL domain, you need to create a Telhost account. This is required for your .TEL domain to resolve.

You can create a Telhost account by:

1. Logging in to your Dynadot account.
    2. Select "TLD Settings" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
    3. Now click on the "TEL Domain Settings" link on the right side of the page.
    4. Enter in a username, password, and email address for your Telhost account.

Now you can sign in to your Telhost account at telhost.dynadot.com with the username and password you created.

For your domain to appear online you need to create at least one contact for your domain in your Telhost account. Please note that after you create your first contact, it can take 6-12 hours for the domain to start working. See our help files on .TEL for more information.

You can also learn more about how to set up and use your .TEL domain to its full potential with this tutorial.

Best Regards,
    Dynadot Support Team

Just thought this was interesting. I guess no one informed Dynadot about this yet. I guess I will have to contact Telnic Support to have them add my name to my existing Telhosting account.

I sent a copy of this incorrect automated email on to Dynadot Support so that hey do not confuse new .TEL domain owners.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email Empty Re: Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-19, 7:36 pm

Dynadot reacted quickly to the above post - see the new version of http://telhost.dynadot.com !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    god.tel
    god.tel

Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email Empty Re: Dynadot Forgot To Change Their Automated .TEL Domain Registration Email

Post by god.tel 2017-03-19, 8:31 pm

Heard back from both Dynadot and Telnic Support within an hour of me emailing them both. I am surprised they are both working on a Sunday! Dynadot apologized and said they would correct the automated email that is getting sent out in error.

Telnic replied to me and said you can now add new .TEL domains that your register to your existing control panel by filling out a form here: https://www.do.tel/signup/

I submitted the form and am waiting for an email with my validation code.
    god.tel
    god.tel

Post by god.tel 2017-03-20, 4:08 am

Well I did not get an email from Telnic with my PIN to register my new domain, so I resubmitted it again this morning at their form at https://www.do.tel/signup/ and got the PIN verification code right away and entered it.

I then Set Up My Account per their instructions, and used my existing Telhosting account username, email, and password to associate the new .TEL domain with my existing account. I got the following message via their site:

Congratulations, you are all set! You will receive an email when your account is active,

if you have any questions, please contact us at cservice@telnic.org

Now I will wait to see if the domain will be put in my existing Telhosting account. I not, I will contact Telnic support again.

By the way, in the PIN verification email, I see that Telnic is now featuring a special email address where they are actively soliciting comments for suggestions on how they can improve .TEL:

"P.S. We are always open to feedback! Have some? Tell us at hello@do.tel"
    whatthetel

Post by whatthetel 2017-03-20, 11:31 am

Not about Dynadot but,

managemy.tel does not redirect to www in Firefox, but does in chrome.

If you view without the www it shows the old logo https://managemy.tel/g3/dashboard/img/icons/telnames-logo.png

If you view with www it's hidden/gone.
    god.tel
    god.tel

Post by god.tel 2017-03-20, 1:13 pm

I just got an automated email from Telnic saying that:

Your Telhosting account is now Active!

So I had to no manual processing or contacting of Telnic Support.

I just purchased the name through Dynadot, went to the Telnic site: https://www.do.tel/signup/ and then used my existing new Telhosting account username, email address, and password.

Then I waited for about six hours to receive my confirmation email that the domain was now active in my existing Telhosting control panel.

I guess they automated the process on their end of placing new .TEL domains registered into your Telhosting account.
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-21, 2:19 am

I dunno. I still have no idea what account several of my long time registered .tel domains are supposed to be attached to.

I get nowhere at do.tel
    Says they are already attached to a telhosting account.
    Hello? How do I unattached????

So then I can attach to where they are supposed to be.
    I.e. The same place all the others with same email are.
    Sigh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:56 pm