The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Service which will restore your TEL from backup

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Service which will restore your TEL from backup Empty Service which will restore your TEL from backup

Post by maxi 2017-03-22, 4:35 pm

One programmer from Russian TEL forum offers his services of TEL restoration:

http://forumdottel.ru/index.php?showtopic=687&view=findpost&p=6978

Here is translation of his post. He can communicate in plain/simple English. His contacts: admin@chicagoland.tel

I offer services of restoration of TEL-sites from backups

Costs of service:

One time payment for your TEL restoration is $50 for 1 (one) TEL-site, regardless of the number of subdomains.

What a customer will have:

- The customer will receive his TEL-site restored from his backup.

- The restored TEL-site will have my hosting for 1 year for free. You will be able to extend your TEL-site's hosting for number of years.*

So customers do not need to think about hosting and related things. Customers will get their restored TELs working on conventional hosting.

- A restored TEL-site will have it’s former advertising and mail (if they were there at the moment of your last backup).

- The control panel will be not available – that means that you cannot change anything on the restored TEL-site and it will be as it was at the moment of your last backup.

- Restored TEL-site will have no “search” and no automatic updating (if you had some) of information such as weather and etc.

My hosting is very cheap, I do not even know how much it will costs for one site: it all depends on the size of your TEL-site, maybe it will be 100 rubles (about $2) for an average TEL-site for the second and the next years.

Here are examples of restored TEL-sites:

1. Yellow Pages Chicago IL

2. Greek hotels - 3000 best hotels in Greece

3. Dubna city directory
    Boracay
    Boracay

Service which will restore your TEL from backup Empty Re: Service which will restore your TEL from backup

Post by Boracay 2017-03-23, 6:08 am

Service which will restore your TEL from backup Img_1210Doesn't look very convincing ...$50? 
    Here's what I'm seeing on an iPhone 6 Plus...

Service which will restore your TEL from backup Img_1210
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Service which will restore your TEL from backup Empty Re: Service which will restore your TEL from backup

Post by maxi 2017-03-23, 8:32 am

I'm not a co-author nor a co-owner of this service. I just helped this service owner with the translation of his text and put here a link to his original post. For his prices, the quality of his service and everything else I am not responsible.

You can write your suggestions directly to the owner of the service on his email or leave it in English directly on that Russian forum – as far as I know that service owner is not registered on this forum and does not read it:

maxi wrote:One programmer from Russian TEL forum offers his services of TEL restoration:

http://forumdottel.ru/index.php?showtopic=687&view=findpost&p=6978

Here is translation of his post. He can communicate in plain/simple English. His contacts: admin@chicagoland.tel

Last edited by maxi on 2017-03-23, 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-23, 8:55 am

P.S.
    As for prices, they everywhere are subject of negotiations. If you have more than one TEL for restoration, then may be you can ask him for a good discount.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-23, 4:56 pm

kprobe wrote:Be careful when converting XML using this method. The baseref in the HTML is using Telnic's CSS and server which will eventually disappear. Even now www.Turku.tel which used to work last week and Chicagoland.tel no longer render correctly. Those CSS and icon files will be disappearing and so will the look of those sites.
    Kprobe, thanks for information!

I do not know anything about technology, but if I guessed correctly, yesterday evening or today morning Telnic turned off some functions, why the restored TEL-sites of this programmer suddenly stopped working correctly?

Interestingly, is that a simple coincidence that Telnic does this just before the day, when many people decide to renew their TELs or no?

Because it is logical that each new Telnic’s failure reduces number of people who want to keep their TELs.

If it would be not a coincidence, but a planned action, then it would shown that TELs are not reliable and this again would made a bad impression to public - what again can reduce number of TELs. So, are they really interested (as I always had suspected) in reducing TELs number further and in playing their games (the aim of which is hidden from us) further?
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2017-03-23, 5:41 pm

What the guy did was easy, but relied on something that is not guaranteed after cutover, so his mistake. Not the right way to maintain mirroring of original templates, plus didn't get Telnic's permission in advance.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-24, 3:37 am

They made them again working properly:

1. Yellow Pages Chicago IL

2. Greek hotels - 3000 best hotels in Greece

3. Dubna city directory

Service owner says, that TELs which will be restored later will be restored by another way and will work properly on mobiles also.

P.S.
    I plan to fire myself off the voluntary translation services, so persons willing to use that service need to communicate with this service owner directly:

Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-24, 4:36 am

I'm seeing it looking better now on my iphone7 
    But it renders the desktop layout, so how can we test the mobile layout??

To not be able to update the data in the .tel is understood.
    it keeps things operational. If the mobile layout works, I'd pay for the transitional move
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2017-03-24, 6:13 am

I bet that it is a static copy, that is, it cannot be changed. You can edit HTML, but can you add and delete records, create new subdomains etc?

Edit: yes it is a static unchangeable copy, one you can easily obtain via www.archive.org
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-24, 6:52 am

Boracay wrote: If the mobile layout works,
    mals (the owner of the service and a new our forum member) said that these examples were made from still working multi-subdomains TELs (before canceling subdomains by Telnic). Because of some technological matters they were made without mobile option.

mals said me, that he developed another service which restores TELs from backups (not from working TELs as it was with these examples). And they, he says, will show mobile view well.

Of course, all these restored TELs will be static and you will not be able to change their contents.

Here he opened his own thread about these matters: http://www.tel.community/t4549-development-proposals#17109
    mals
    mals

Post by mals 2017-03-24, 8:39 am

My site recovery method works well for those old working sites where you do not intend to change anything.
    I have one site that I did 6 years ago to get revenue from Google advertising. Since then, I have not made any changes. I recovered it with this simple method and again he started making a profit.
    I have a website that I did to sell links from it.
    I'm not going to change anything on it, I do not even care about the mobile version on this site.
    I also restored it and receive profit from the sold link.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:21 am