The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

Telnames Grandfathering

Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Telnames Grandfathering Empty Telnames Grandfathering

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-02, 9:33 am

If you look at kickstarter they usually offer something like a mention or a signed book or tee-shirt to help reach their goals I don't want that crap from telnames, I would like to see Telnames offer:

An increased gallery allowance for their 1st 1000 sign-ups and periodically reduce this to the rate they currently offer when they reach 5000 or 10000 sign-ups, then Grandfather the domains & gallery's so as long as they're not transferred away to another registrar then re-transferred back, aka only transferred between registrants on the telnames proxy they get to keep the increased gallery allowance.

This is the art of incentive to get the ball moving that also grants those domains increased value because all other domains that come after will only get a 'standard' gallery allowance at the low price rate when the 10,000 sign-ups bring down the price, and Grandfathering will help make sure domains stay registered and on telnames to get the best possible prices at re-sell.
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Telnames Grandfathering Empty Re: Telnames Grandfathering

Post by Alex 2012-05-02, 10:03 am

Welcome to the forum, Bunjie!

Very nice suggestion in your post!

So far only the website of Telnames has been published, but there has been no official announcement yet.
    I guess they wait with that until the "Business Startup" in London.

Then it would be interesting to see what kind of marketing and incentives they start.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-02, 3:05 pm

TelTalk wrote:Welcome to the forum, Bunjie!

Very nice suggestion in your post!

So far only the website of Telnames has been published, but there has been no official announcement yet.
    I guess they wait with that until the "Business Startup" in London.

Then it would be interesting to see what kind of marketing and incentives they start.

Thank you for making somewhere that's more open and feels a bit more open to creative thinking, and Yes I do believe that's the best one imo to lock me and others in long term (even though I don't really trust them) with an incentive like that I'd be willing to move my 'start up brand domain' to telnames to be one of the few who paid in at the higher rates during it's 'start up phase', thus a supporter of it's continued development, thus requires a basic incentive to pass telnames the capital to continue to function as a going concern of us all.

I'm sure others have ideas I'm looking forward to hearing them, also if you don't mind me asking what's your .tel? mines pretty obvious http://bunjie.tel but it's not my brand one it's one of my nicknames.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-02, 6:34 pm

Also just to prove a point about http://www.teltalk.org/t5-nice-background-pictures, I hadn't looked at drops today I swear, so I went to http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs and noticed http://301design.tel/ using the new template as a brand site, and linking to their staff on cheaper alternative proxies.

See: Technical Director http://nickspence.tel/
    See: Creative Director http://davidboxall.tel/

Which is why we all need a basic sister theme to maintain some kind of cross expandability, until telnames prices come down and we can afford to bulk move to the new one..
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-05-02, 8:18 pm

You’re welcome, Bunjie!

The staff of 301 Design registered their .tel domains already long time ago, so they have no change to switch to the design of Telnames (as long they don’t decide to transfer their domains there).
    But the nice background picture is certainly an argument for a design agency to register their company name at Telnames.

But IMHO it’s not necessary to switch to Telnames at all.
    We just have to wait for the 3 announced, new templates which are in testing stage and in addition the possibility to upload background pictures for the old control panel; then we can do the same with our old .tel domains (and even more, like publishing ads).

My .tel is n24.tel (with the old design).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 3:27 pm