The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com Empty That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com

Post by Alex 2012-05-04, 3:58 am

This forum hasn't been online for 1 week and for the search term "teltalk" it's on position 3 at Google already:

Link: Position 3 for the Google search term TelTalk

All right, I have to be modest: only 44,000 search results for TelTalk!

But what about this (with 668,000,000 search results):

Link: Position 6 for the Google search term Tel Forum ?

Is it okay to talk about this?
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com Empty Re: That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-04, 6:37 am

I read something about a 'penguin' (code name) update in the last few months? that was a Google algorithm change to reduce the weight of 'keyword' domains like 'artstore', 'buyfish' etc in favor of brand/random domain names that don't relate to the keywords they target.

So if teltalk.org is ranking well for the search term 'tel forum', well that's half way in their eyes, not like telforum.org as well 'talk' as a keyword/meaning spoken, and forum is written but talk is like an alternate meaning or slang when referring to 'talking in online forums'?

Plus I wouldn't be surprised as telnic locked their forum, Google noticed and that makes teltalk the most relevant because as far as Google is concerned telnics forum don't exist anymore.

Also I wonder how this effects domains like johnsmith.tel or sub-domains like john.smith.tel, would someone rank better for 'johnsmith' using a domain like jreep.tel ?
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com Empty Re: That was quick: TOP 3 on Google.com

Post by Alex 2012-05-04, 8:25 am

Bunjie wrote:I read something about a 'penguin' (code name) update in the last few months? that was a Google algorithm change to reduce the weight of 'keyword' domains like 'artstore', 'buyfish' etc in favor of brand/random domain names that don't relate to the keywords they target.
    Interesting link about this topic: 17 Ways SMBs Can Survive the Google Penguin Update Effect

Bunjie wrote:Plus I wouldn't be surprised as telnic locked their forum, Google noticed and that makes teltalk the most relevant because as far as Google is concerned telnics forum don't exist anymore.
    It can be this forum benefits from the fact there is no other forum on the internet publicly available and at the same time with published content related to this topic.
    There are a few blogs, but only with content from previous years.

Bunjie wrote:Also I wonder how this effects domains like johnsmith.tel or sub-domains like john.smith.tel, would someone rank better for 'johnsmith' using a domain like jreep.tel ?
    Important question, but not easy to answer: Google Penguin Update - What is it & How it Could Affect You

For additional information here a great overview about all Google changes: Google Algorithm Change History
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2012-11-24, 4:19 am

This forum is number one on Google for the following search terms now:
    tel forum
    telnames forum
    tel domains forum
    telchina forum
    telnic telnames
    telnames telnic
    telnames domains

Teltalk is always on top for all search terms about detailed .tel topics.
    If using 2 or 3 words about .tel, the first page of search results is full with entries from Teltalk.
    Great work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 7:41 am